Rear brake pad replacement

stevebuba

Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to the above or can advise

Thanks

steve

I've never done them, but I understand you need a caliper reset tool, something like THIS.

done mine a couple of weeks ago. its a simple job apart from reseting the piston. like james said, you need a caliper reset tool, i got one for £15.

normal calipers you can just push back in but the rear pistons have to be turned at the same time its compressed.

didn't know this when i did mine, had to get a friend to help me reset them by me using a clamp to push in the piston and at the same time my friend turning the piston clockwise with pliers. if you want to do it this way, make sure you don't put the pliers over the rubber part.

hope this helps

also when you turn them back in take the lid off your brake fluid resevoir as the fluid will be pushed back into it and with the lid on all you do is compress the air in the res (place a rag around the res to catch any fluid that may come over the lip but should be ok). When i did mine i applied some red rubber grease under the boot to grease the sliders and wire brushed and copper greased the piece that the pad slides as this is where you get brake squeal because the pad isnt sliding correctly. Overall an easy diy job

One of my mates spent hours trying to fit the rear brake pads using pliers & screwdriver....I lent him my caliper reset tool and it took minutes to fit them......so top tip - use the right tool and its a pi$$ easy job......