downpipe fitting.

cawsey20

Reaction score
Hi guys,
How hard is the downpipe and decat to fit to an S3 ?. Can it be done with axle stands and a high lift trolley jack ?.
Or is this a no/no .

if your changing the downpipe i can see it being very awkard! I know when mine was done they lowered the sub frame to remove the down pipe!

If your going to de-cat it personally wouldn't worry about a 3" down pipe! stick with the standard and just get a decat! u will see very little diffrence in performance and then u will be able to put the cat back in easily at MOT time!

Really ?. Most people seem to say that the downpipe is the most restrictive part :S is this not correct ?

if your changing the downpipe i can see it being very awkard! I know when mine was done they lowered the sub frame to remove the down pipe!

If your going to de-cat it personally wouldn't worry about a 3" down pipe! stick with the standard and just get a decat! u will see very little diffrence in performance and then u will be able to put the cat back in easily at MOT time!

Its the opposite to that, if you were to do just one id recommend doing the DP as the cat isnt very restrictive where as the DP is.

the garage i had my downpipe and cat fitted reckoned it only made around 2bhp difference between a 3' downpipe and the standard (both with de-cats) with the flow checks they did with the car. and will save u alot of hassle when it comes to mot time! changing the downpipe seems a right chore!

Must admit personally don't think ive seen much difference in fitting 3" downpipe and 100 cell cat, (apart from noise)from standard, really not worth the money I paid anyway... maybe i will be thinking differently once I change to a stage 2 re-map.

If I could turn back time i would of done my suspension for not far off the same money!

Downpipe is a bitch. Got to drop subframe or take out prop shaft. To get standard downpipe out lol.

I managed to shave off 460 of a second at the pod, with the DP and 120cell. so I would say it does help even though it has not been stage 2 yet.