Wheel hopping

kip

Reaction score
Hello all,
When coming to a firm stop it has been witnessed by many others and myself that my front wheels seem to jump forward quite alot within the wheel arches. It looks quite frightening to watch and everyone is sure it is not ment to do this!. The car is lowered and has had new shocks, springs, new wishbones (twice over now) and a dog bone mount fitted too. Every garage i have been to say it's the wishbones that are the problem, but as soon as i tell them they are brand new they then just scratch their head and don't know what else it could be.
Anyone on here had this problem and know what else it could be?
Its a 2000 1.8T fwd

Thank You.

wishbone bushes are the only thing that could really cause that. with worn ones you can push the top of the wheel back with your foot, causing the wheel to move within the wheel arch. donesnt happen on poly bushes cars though

Thanks for your replys.
The wishbone are only a couple of weeks old and are of a decent make (leformer) I'm sure it cannot be this otherwise every audi with oem bushes would definitely do this especially with worn ones as it is very noticeable even through you cannot feel it . However when i had the shocks fitted i did not renew the top mounts. How do i tell if they could be knackered?.
Thanks.

i cant see how top mounts would cause movement like you describe though. they just wouldnt be able to.

Various trips to garages I thinks untill some works out why this is happening.
Cheers.