BBS LM or RS?

Which wheels do you prefer for the A3?

• Total voters
Reaction score
I'm bored of my wheels and am considering a new set and will be taking the plunge in the next few weeks. All I need to do is make my mind up on which to get! I've been wanting LMs for a loong time, but have now found a set of BBS RS reps which I've kinda fell in love with. The LMs would be 18inch and the RS reps will be 17 inch. I'm also gonna drop the car once they're fitted.

Which ones do you guys reckon I should get?!
BBS LM reps
lm_hspl-l.jpg

or BBS RS Reps
vintage.jpg

im with you on the lm's bro cuz i fink they look wicked.I want some to but theres none around

LM's are played out and you can only get the Calibre wheels in 17" which sucks. Would have been better in 18's!

Yeah Troopa, truesay about the LMs being a bit too popular. It is a bit poo that the RS reps don't come in 18s. But would 17s look so bad? I'm gonna go euro, get a little stretch on the tyres, dewiper, debadge and lower it. Hmmm...decisions, decisions...

The RS's look badass!!!!

George does have them on his and it looks wicked!!!

However the LMs are top dog too and look very nice...

If you are going euro ways, then it has to be the RS's

personal tastes abound - I think the LMs look heaps better.

also, they come with a fairly low 25mm offset, which gives them a wider stance than OEM, which, from personal expereince is important when lowering.

a 35mm offset, which is OEM and typical for reps looks too skinny in my opionion and you will then need to invest in spacers as well

(I think!)

ive chose RS

arnt you people capable of choosing something half original??!!

LM = common as ****. may as well rename the board audi-sheep.net

18" RS's would be the dogs. Re-mortgage the house though...

3354273956_a0e2a48c3c.jpg

save the RS for mk1/2 golfs... they just look wrong on anything else... liking the LMs but what about BBS E28s? best of both worlds?

newbbs1.jpg

if i was to get hold of some bbs lm's which would be the best size to get on my s3?

Kam, as a minimum, I would say you would need 18s for them to look good on your car.

ok.its guna be the 18inch bbs lms i go for but im not sure if i should go for the 8j or 8.5j?Ive herd that if i get the 8.5 the spokes have a slight curve.is that true?The origanal bbs lm are 8.5j.can any1 who has got 8.5 confims this.If so some pics would help

bbs rm's all the way everyone has done lm's on there s3, i was one of the 1st and quickly changed when they got popular!!

how wide were urs m8 an where did u get urs from

If your going to get LM reps get the 8.5x19 and 9.5x19 they will look the best, im still yet to see a uk s3 sitting properly.

The closest is the yellow s3 at inters with these lm's with black centres, black headlights and that orange interior.

or get onto ebay.de and get some proper wheels.

wouldnt 19z be to big and mess the handleing.i was finking 8 or 8.5j all round

Go with the LM's then. There's an S3 owner called S3George on here who has BBS RS fitted on his S3, I'm sure there some pics somewhere.

Wow. After seeing the pics of S3George's car sittin on RSs I've made up my mind.:hubbahubba:
Ubertub, those E28s are sexy, but I cannot find any reps of them. And I'm not quite ready to splash out a couple of grand for a set of wheels! Cheers for the votes, but I'm gonna go against it anyway:p