A4 2.0tfsi quattro lacking...

I definitely agree on that! I'm still keeping it stock, for reliability issues, so i decided to go for a racechip s, just for weekend fun! Long story short, it's on all week and it's amazing how a few horses, but mostly a little more torque change this cars so much! I imagine the transformation going more deep on the mods...
How do you find the difference with the race chip? I've been looking at the rs piggy back or getting a remap with a dyno run from my local tuner who runs viezu remap? They quote very similar gains it's the torque I'm more interested in Supposedly boost psi goes to 19 peak opposed to 11 so I'm expecting a good kick ! The piggy back is 199 and the viezu map is discounted to 179 just the cost of the dyno on top

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

How do you find the difference with the race chip? I've been looking at the rs piggy back or getting a remap with a dyno run from my local tuner who runs viezu remap? They quote very similar gains it's the torque I'm more interested in Supposedly boost psi goes to 19 peak opposed to 11 so I'm expecting a good kick ! The piggy back is 199 and the viezu map is discounted to 179 just the cost of the dyno on top

I found a lot of difference, especially the torque at the low end! And i just went with the s version, because i think to push a little harder, a good remap will always be better for the car! But for 120€, it was a no brainer! Cheers

There are known and documented issues wit the GFB dv that effect numerous applications across the tfsi engine range.
They will not be encountered with the Rev G oem DV as the GFB uses a piston setup with the oem solenoid , whereas the oem rev G is a diaphragm setup, it wont last as long as aGFB or Rev D oem but from a performance stand point is by far the best.
Change it every 40k miles and its still cheaper than the GFB.
I'm not anti GFB chaps, but it is basically just a rev D with the end of the day.
Take your choice....
Ahh i see well its to late for me now lol but fingers crossed mines been ok....for now

So booked in for a map in the new year with a before and after dyno run, they're only down the road from me so should be easy...

I've just been out for a blast though and seen a peak on my cheap torque app off 20psi.... sounds like something is now broken. Went for another spin and it's all sub 13 peak so as expected and then all of a sudden get a peak of 20+ again... plugged in and no fault codes.... any ideas chaps ?

So booked in for a map in the new year with a before and after dyno run, they're only down the road from me so should be easy...

I've just been out for a blast though and seen a peak on my cheap torque app off 20psi.... sounds like something is now broken. Went for another spin and it's all sub 13 peak so as expected and then all of a sudden get a peak of 20+ again... plugged in and no fault codes.... any ideas chaps ?

Honestly mate id leave it to the mapping company aslong as your using someone good there do all the checks they need to and advise you on what needs doing before the mapping begins.

Before doing any more get a reliable realtime diagnostic run on the car, pin point any areas that are week or not functioning properly and get them resolved.
Then think about further mods otherwise your just going around the houses on it.

Honestly mate id leave it to the mapping company aslong as your using someone good there do all the checks they need to and advise you on what needs doing before the mapping begins.
Yeah I'm booked in at viezu in bidford has a 4wd dyno and what not hopfully that will sort it.... the perk is I can at least ask one of the techs at work to take a look... perk of working at a main dealer

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
Not a million miles from me then, I’m south Birmingham way.

Yeah I'm booked in at viezu in bidford has a 4wd dyno and what not hopfully that will sort it.... the perk is I can at least ask one of the techs at work to take a look... perk of working at a main dealer

Joys of main dealer and there expensive goodies lol

So thoughts chaps.... what would course a 2.0tfsi to only hit 7/8psi.... no fault codes..... fuel trims well within tolerance so no leaks, new dv new pcv ... thoughts? N75 valve ? I'd expect that to throw a code however....

I guess thats where your "lacking power" is coming from then!
I'm hoping so.... im gonna ask one of the techs to log requested vs actual to see what's going on but the cheap obd reader shows peak of 8psi should be 0.9bar on the 220

I know the EGT sensors on the B5’s cuts the boost but doesn’t log a fault, maybe check what EGT temp your reading on VCDS.

Me again... so new n75... no leaks....fuel economy seems great.

I've got a cheap obd reader and noticed I get 12psi peak in first and second occasionally 3rd.. any where higher It holds 7/8psi

Is this normal? Still no fault codes on the expensive vas system at work so I'm at a loose end

Don't take this the wrong way chap but maybe it's not the car, maybe it is your expectations from the B7 .
They are a very good car but they are not a hot hatch or s3 etc, they are as you know a fairly heavy old bus so not really ideal to compare them against a hot hatch or similar.
They have good levels of insulation etc and good build quality which does to a degree take the edge of how fast your driving, they get down the road pretty quickly but you just don't really notice it , well not compared to a go kart that is.

If you have checked everything and real time diags don't look out of the norm then its not the car.
Maybe opt for a decent remap or plug and play ecu chip and see if that helps.

just my input chap.

I've fixed it !! I was driving along and suddenly lost power, pulled over without turning off to see if any codes and had a p0642 and one other I cant remeber. Cleaned every attachment and swapped the n75 out along with a adaption as per Ross tech and it's like a new car... mpg in the high 30s, and can actually feel it boosting. Now to get it mapped hahaha

Glad you got to the bottom of it, you see they are not that bad.:yes:

Attachments

• 15800848958282830602910566706957.jpg
    15800848958282830602910566706957.jpg
    707.5 KB · Views: 124
Iv opted for TDI TUNING BOX. And after the installation box run for a dyno test! And this is what I gained!
Thats why i wouldn't bother with boxes not a particularly big increase in nm or bhp really and a very up and down power curve, save money and get a custom map, mpg probably be better as well.

Thats why i wouldn't bother with boxes not a particularly big increase in nm or bhp really and a very up and down power curve, save money and get a custom map, mpg probably be better as well.
Yes you right isn't much out of it , but you can play with it from eco mode, to performance mode,you have 7 steps so you can use how you want from your phone through bluetooth connections ,or just turned off and leave it as just the car itself. And if you do change your car,you send the old one to them and they'll send another one for your new engine ,free of charge!

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
Yes you right isn't much out of it , but you can play with it from eco mode, to performance mode,you have 7 steps so you can use how you want from your phone through bluetooth connections ,or just turned off and leave it as just the car itself. And if you do change your car,you send the old one to them and they'll send another one for your new engine ,free of charge!
Ahh nice that they actually give you a new one for free thats mad! I guess if you change cars often or not plan on keeping it a lengthy time but want something a with a bit more power than stock from car to car it will work out a hell of a lot cheaper than getting a custom map every time, swings and roundabouts then i guess :)

Ahh nice that they actually give you a new one for free thats mad! I guess if you change cars often or not plan on keeping it a lengthy time but want something a with a bit more power than stock from car to car it will work out a hell of a lot cheaper than getting a custom map every time, swings and roundabouts then i guess :)
Yes that's right, and even when is a brand new car, so you can't lose warranty on the car you choose the boxthey are untraceable! Have a look at them site. TDI TUNING !

Yes that's right, and even when is a brand new car, so you can't lose warranty on the car you choose the boxthey are untraceable! Have a look at them site. TDI TUNING !
Its not my kind of thing really i prefer a good old custom map and my car definitely hasnt got the warranty to worry about being 14 years old now lol, plus i don't plan on selling the car shes like my side chick shes battling for top spot against the mrs.

Reactions: Sidrick and Alex banu
Its not my kind of thing really i prefer a good old custom map and my car definitely hasnt got the warranty to worry about being 14 years old now lol, plus i don't plan on selling the car shes like my side chick shes battling for top spot against the mrs.
Neither me on my second (girlfriend)but I was just try to explain what so got on this box and what you have on straight custom map. What engine is your? I have a 2.0TFSI SE quattro BUL engine! Have from about 5 year's this car.

Neither me on my second (girlfriend)but I was just try to explain what so got on this box and what you have on straight custom map. What engine is your? I have a 2.0TFSI SE quattro BUL engine! Have from about 5 year's this car.
Yeah i get where your coming from with the boxes, yeah same engine as mine but i opted for 2wd instead of the quattro

Just turned down the opportunity to buy one of these boxes at half price, purely because I think I'll get a bit more from a custom map with my existing mods. the 50nm+ gain above isn't to be sniffed at :) If mine was standard and a tune was my first port of call, a box isn't a terrible option.

Just turned down the opportunity to buy one of these boxes at half price, purely because I think I'll get a bit more from a custom map with my existing mods. the 50nm+ gain above isn't to be sniffed at :) If mine was standard and a tune was my first port of call, a box isn't a terrible option.
I hear you but most stage 1’s get 100nm peak torque so you cant really compare the two but if it’s something you just want a little extra power and more cost effective by allowing you to transfer to other cars for free then go for it.