A6 Avant 45 TFSI (265) feedback request...

Tom W

Reaction score
Hi, new to the group.

I've an A6 Avant 45 TFSI (265) Quattro Black Edition on the order.

There's not much online about this specific engine. Reviews seem to focus on entry level diesels and top spec 3-litre versions.

Does anyone in the group have one? How do you find it day to day, around town, on the motorway, mpg etc?

I'm moving up from a Skoda Superb Sportline 220 hatchback (petrol), so expecting more poke, better grip (FWD to Quattro) and although less rear space and litres in the boot a better loading area for stowing luggage away.

I'd appreciate any general thoughts and feedback.

Also, regarding a specific query...

Does anyone know the situation with the adaptive dampers options on the A6 Avant?

I read across the range the options are:

- Standard suspension on Sport
- Sports suspension on S-Line and BE
- Air suspension on top spec petrol and diesels

Also, those without air suspension as standard adapted dampers are an option.

It's too late now as the car is ordered, but after trawling through the configuration options I can't see adaptive dampers anywhere.

Maybe it's discontinued on the 2020 model in an effort to push buyers up the range, maybe it's included in 'sports suspension' but I doubt that or maybe I've missed something

Welcome to Audi-sport.net. If you post in the A6 section as well, you may get more info in there. We all look forward to seeing your new car.

Welcome to Audi-sport.net. If you post in the A6 section as well, you may get more info in there. We all look forward to seeing your new car.

Thanks for your message. I look forward to posting it too. It'll look like this one...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201115-161941_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20201115-161941_Photos.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 89
Looks awesome Tom. Hope time passes quickly till collection

Reactions: Tom W
Hi, new to the group.

I've an A6 Avant 45 TFSI (265) Quattro Black Edition on the order.

There's not much online about this specific engine. Reviews seem to focus on entry level diesels and top spec 3-litre versions.

Does anyone in the group have one? How do you find it day to day, around town, on the motorway, mpg etc?

I'm moving up from a Skoda Superb Sportline 220 hatchback (petrol), so expecting more poke, better grip (FWD to Quattro) and although less rear space and litres in the boot a better loading area for stowing luggage away.

I'd appreciate any general thoughts and feedback.

Also, regarding a specific query...

Does anyone know the situation with the adaptive dampers options on the A6 Avant?

I read across the range the options are:

- Standard suspension on Sport
- Sports suspension on S-Line and BE
- Air suspension on top spec petrol and diesels

Also, those without air suspension as standard adapted dampers are an option.

It's too late now as the car is ordered, but after trawling through the configuration options I can't see adaptive dampers anywhere.

Maybe it's discontinued on the 2020 model in an effort to push buyers up the range, maybe it's included in 'sports suspension' but I doubt that or maybe I've missed something
Welcome to the forum; depending how long since you placed the order, it might not be too late to change the spec and add options. I was doing that for about six weeks until the build was locked! :)

Welcome to the forum; depending how long since you placed the order, it might not be too late to change the spec and add options. I was doing that for about six weeks until the build was locked! :)

Hi, thanks for the note.

It looks like the adaptive aren't available on the 2020 model and although I don't think I'll miss having them I was interested to see where they've gone. They're not an option on the Skoda Superb any more either.

IF you have enough dinheiro, you can get whatever you want. just have them put it in writing...

Do they have a two for one sale? I'm in!!