Advice needed for 2.5 V6TDI tuning.

rasapx

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a B6 A4 2.5 V6TDI, with BDG engine code and /w multitronic transmission.
Recently I'm thinking on a slight tuning, but I hae some concerns about it.
First of all, the transmission. I have no problem at all with it so far, but I'm not sure how will it handle the increased power and mostly the torque.
Since I think , it won't welcome it very well, don't want anything crazy. Anything around 180 hp would be just fine.
So the second thing is that the car is completely smoke-free atm and I really want to stay like that. I guess with "factory HW" is kind of a piece of cake to reach this power figure, but is it possible to keep it smoke-free after the tune, or should I upgrade the turbo to a slightly bigger one? (my idea is that if black smoke = unburnt fuel, then more air=more fuel burned (might be that I oversimplifying))

Thanks in advance for the advice

There are those who would know for certain but I always thought that the reason why the tiptronic is the box with the 18o Quattro is that is the only one that can cope with the extra power.If the multitronic is fragile then I wouldnt push it

The BDG maps well to 180-190 Bhp, it has The same nozzles and turbo as the AKE/BAU/BDH engines so the limitations are in the map...

The BDG maps well to 180-190 Bhp, it has The same nozzles and turbo as the AKE/BAU/BDH engines so the limitations are in the map...

I know that the turbo is the same gt2052v, but i'm not sure about the nozzles. Isn't the BGD has different? AKE has 5x0,141 (DSLA142P925) and BDG has 6x0,16 ( I believe with DSLA142P1025 part number.) Please correct me if i'm wrong.

They are different as the BDG is euro 4 and BAU is euro 3 however the difference is small and they flow just about the same. The BDG have smaller holes but 6 instead of 5 and the pump has a higher pressure head to compensate...

Early AKE had dsla 1025 nozzles...euro 3 and 2 plunger pump...