anyone fitted 100w headlight bulbs to theyre a4?

glenandem

Reaction score
as above just wondered if they give much more brightness than usual wattage bulbs, i dont really want to or cant be bothered to plumb hid's in but im concerned they might melt the wiring etc but ive read guys on here not having any issues!

Last edited:
I had them in my mains, but I wouldn't put them in my dipped beams which are on for much longer periods of time.

I didn't find them that much brighter in honesty...

had them in the past and as above, don't seem much different!
Osram nighbreaker + are really bright

Or go HID aftermarket. Really makes a difference. Plus less risk of wiring burning out. I've heard of looms melting due to high power consumption of the 100w bulbs. Not on an Audi though I must admit. But then again, I don't know anyone without HID's in an Audi lol

Or go HID aftermarket. Really makes a difference. Plus less risk of wiring burning out. I've heard of looms melting due to high power consumption of the 100w bulbs. Not on an Audi though I must admit. But then again, I don't know anyone without HID's in an Audi lol

A mate of mine fitted 100W to the low beam of his Passat and melted the plastic headlight cover.

cheers guys, think i'll stay away from them if not for the melting poss but the fact they dont make them much better!

I've had them for years, no problem.

As James i had them in my full beams but have since replaced with nightbreakers and to be honest i feel they are better, i would never fit them in my dipped beam, i am far too considerate to other road users for that ;-), blinding people is nearly as bad as driving with fog lights on when there is no fog!!

Reactions: GeoffDunk
As James i had them in my full beams but have since replaced with nightbreakers and to be honest i feel they are better, i would never fit them in my dipped beam, i am far too considerate to other road users for that ;-), blinding people is nearly as bad as driving with fog lights on when there is no fog!!

Mattyboy,

You are so right, respect.

I am on nightbreakers and they work well, so many others don;t get the fact they will blind others.

As for fog light with no fog grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Reactions: mattyboyc
You may fail to notice how other road uses are having to deal with your light output, not to mention the fact the 100w in the UK is illegal for road use.

To be honest bud, they are no brighter than a TT's headlights, had them next to each other, and the TT's were more blinding, and they were standard!

Not more than 55/60 W are eligible for car bulbs so 100 W overload and endanger the wiring.
I use Osram Nightbreaker also.

Does anyone have experience with Osram Nightbreaker UNLIMITED :Osram H4 Night Breaker Unlimited | Auto Headlight Bulbs ?

As it's written on their package Nightbreaker UNLIMITED should give more light than the regular Osram Nightbreaker...:uhm:

To be honest bud, they are no brighter than a TT's headlights, had them next to each other, and the TT's were more blinding, and they were standard!

Huge amount of design and development goes into lighting and standing in font of 2 cars side by side is not the way its done.

Lighting solutions are engineered to fir bulbs in accordance with EU/US legislation and a hell of a lot of work goes into making sure they are engineered correctly. By installing 100w bulbs makes all of the work and effort obsolete and we as individuals have a responsibility to other roads users.

I have been blinded so many times by "boy racers" and there uprated lights that its becoming a danger.

Upgrades are more than fine on any vehicle but we needs to understand what we are upgrading and be socially aware that the wrong upgrades can be dangerous to ourselves or worse, other road users.

As demonstrated by any Golf IV' or BMW Z3 running HID's..... :tocktock:

Reactions: ruffrida