HarveW

Reaction score
Hi,

I know this is a BIG project. Some would say, sell the car and buy one with it. I wish I could, Its too late for that now.

My situation atm is that I have the manual air con control in my car. And I am planning to upgrade to the dual climate control. I have all the parts that's is needed from my old A3 which has the dual climate control. From taking apart my current and old car I have seen many differences. From:

-Plugs
-Amount of cables/wiring
-motors
-center console frame
-sensors
-Fresh air blower

All of this can be stripped out my old car, in fact I have basically done already. (I could start fitting it into my current car and the motors/flaps and sensors should work, If I could get power to them). My problem now.
There are 2 plugs I need. Out of the 4. I have the wiring loom for the motors and sensors. But these 2 other plugs, all the cables go into the main wiring loom. If I could just see where these cables go from A-B.

I want to also know do I already have some cables that the dual cliamte control needs? such a power etc. I would assume so.

A lot of you will disagree, but I don't care if half the buttons don't work. I know I can the direction of air to blow. All else I need now is to be able to blow warm air, have the AC button work and the fan speed. The other buttons I couldn't care about. I don't have them in my car now.

The reasoning behind this. I hate the look of the manual control and I think the dual climate control looks and A Lot more smarter.

What is your thoughts? Do you have any suggestions? Anything that I am missing? Anything you recommend?

All help is much appreciated :)

Audi climate control old
Audi climate control

Hi,

I know this is a BIG project. Some would say, sell the car and buy one with it. I wish I could, Its too late for that now.

My situation atm is that I have the manual air con control in my car. And I am planning to upgrade to the dual climate control. I have all the parts that's is needed from my old A3 which has the dual climate control. From taking apart my current and old car I have seen many differences. From:

-Plugs
-Amount of cables/wiring
-motors
-center console frame
-sensors
-Fresh air blower

All of this can be stripped out my old car, in fact I have basically done already. (I could start fitting it into my current car and the motors/flaps and sensors should work, If I could get power to them). My problem now.
There are 2 plugs I need. Out of the 4. I have the wiring loom for the motors and sensors. But these 2 other plugs, all the cables go into the main wiring loom. If I could just see where these cables go from A-B.

I want to also know do I already have some cables that the dual cliamte control needs? such a power etc. I would assume so.

A lot of you will disagree, but I don't care if half the buttons don't work. I know I can the direction of air to blow. All else I need now is to be able to blow warm air, have the AC button work and the fan speed. The other buttons I couldn't care about. I don't have them in my car now.

The reasoning behind this. I hate the look of the manual control and I think the dual climate control looks and A Lot more smarter.

What is your thoughts? Do you have any suggestions? Anything that I am missing? Anything you recommend?

All help is much appreciated :)

View attachment 210797 View attachment 210798
I know this is a long shot but did you manage to end up doing it?

Haha sadly not mate. One thing that always bugged me big time with car. I put many hours into researching it. A LOT of work is needed… the car ended up getting hit by a drunk driver and which destroyed the car. But now looking on back on it I think I was insane for attempting it ahaha! I still have a lot of the parts if you wanted to give it a go. I ended up gettin a S3 8p (it’s had better days) and S4 B8.5 that’s never been launched before.. So I guess things happen for a reason lmao:p

Attachments

• BA4EFF3C-D748-4534-A9F5-0A8D926EADF8.png
    BA4EFF3C-D748-4534-A9F5-0A8D926EADF8.png
    7.6 MB · Views: 75
  • F32380E3-20CD-4559-8221-D95AEAB85EB3.jpeg
    F32380E3-20CD-4559-8221-D95AEAB85EB3.jpeg
    520.4 KB · Views: 67
Haha sadly not mate. One thing that always bugged me big time with car. I put many hours into researching it. A LOT of work is needed… the car ended up getting hit by a drunk driver and which destroyed the car. But now looking on back on it I think I was insane for attempting it ahaha! I still have a lot of the parts if you wanted to give it a go. I ended up gettin a S3 8p and S4 B8.5. So I guess things happen for a reason lmao:p

Attachments

• A1FDB1D4-7B03-408C-9C5D-85A50CE854CB.jpeg
    A1FDB1D4-7B03-408C-9C5D-85A50CE854CB.jpeg
    520.4 KB · Views: 66
Haha sadly not mate. One thing that always bugged me big time with car. I put many hours into researching it. A LOT of work is needed… the car ended up getting hit by a drunk driver and which destroyed the car. But now looking on back on it I think I was insane for attempting it ahaha! I still have a lot of the parts if you wanted to give it a go. I ended up gettin a S3 8p (it’s had better days) and S4 B8.5 that’s never been launched before.. So I guess things happen for a reason lmao:p
Ah man that’s a shame lol. I’d love to try but I think it’s out of my skill level so I think I’ll leave it. I’ve just changed the look of the dials so I think I’m happy with that lol.

Reactions: HarveW
Ah man that’s a shame lol. I’d love to try but I think it’s out of my skill level so I think I’ll leave it. I’ve just changed the look of the dials so I think I’m happy with that lol.
It is a big job not going to lie, you’ll need new wiring looms etc and a lot of parts.
I also went with some upgraded dials which made all the difference and was better then then oem. :D

Attachments

• 2BA7E562-6B77-4268-A971-5FB8945B0A64.jpeg
    2BA7E562-6B77-4268-A971-5FB8945B0A64.jpeg
    364.1 KB · Views: 87