Audi S3 8L 2002 BAM NO BOOST

S31PWA

Reaction score
Right guys I have a problem with my car..

got some work done on the car a full service and other stuff like pads ect

now driving the car I have no turbo kicking in no boost what so ever

vacuum pipes seem fine no splits noticed the pipes that went under the inlet were the wrong way switched them around still no boost.

changed the MASS air flow sensor

checked the fuses

its funny wen you put the car in reverse you can feel the turbo starting to spool

SOMEONE HELP SPENT TO MUCH MONEY IN A GARAGE!!!!!

Take it back to the garage and complain , You spent good money it should be right.

You want to post in the 8l section you will get more help there scan it with vcds also that’s should always be a starting point when looking for faults

You want to post in the 8l section you will get more help there scan it with vcds also that’s should always be a starting point when looking for faults

Sorry im new to this how do I post it there

Scroll down the main forum section past general discussion and you will see a3/s3 click on the 8l section and that will be your answer to all your questions

K
Scroll down the main forum section past general discussion and you will see a3/s3 click on the 8l section and that will be your answer to all your questions

Keeps giving me a error wen posting for some reason

Scan the car with vcds you can download a free version and buy a kkl lead for about a fiver from eBay.

If the garage said temperamental does that mean it sometimes works?

whats your location?
if you want to pop in for a quick (no charge look) we're at GL102DG postcode.
Something daft no doubt not plugged in or plumbed wrong.

good and not so good news the turbo was seized somehow , got a new turbo boom done, but now i get boost it cuts in and out underload,
feel like selling the car now

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Car needs to be looked at by somebody who knows these engines. Fault codes need checking and engine logged to see why it's cutting out. Could be fuel issues or excessive EGT , It may all come down to a poor map on the engine which is why the original turbo died.

I suspect its over boosting... ebay turbos have small wastegate holes and no boost control... could have also fitted a hybrid by mistake but as Karl has suggested codes would be useful

<tuffty/>

Car needs to be looked at by somebody who knows these engines. Fault codes need checking and engine logged to see why it's cutting out. Could be fuel issues or excessive EGT , It may all come down to a poor map on the engine which is why the original turbo died.

no maps on the car its box standard atm and will remain done a fault scan cannot find anything in stored or pending codes, was thinking along the lines off the n75 not sure.

Rebuild with stronger internals
Ok... thats doesn't really say what it is though... define stronger internals? did they change the compressor wheel for a billet one for example?

<tuffty/>

no maps on the car its box standard atm and will remain done a fault scan cannot find anything in stored or pending codes, was thinking along the lines off the n75 not sure.

what did you scan with? if it is Android Torque Pro or similar they only really return current ECU Faults (even the pending) there is usually a handful of other items with VCDS / VAG COM