Audi S3 v BMW M135i v AMG A35 - Drag Race

maybe... i wasn’t overly impressed with the M135i... maybe I need another test drive is required
The type of auto box would put me off.. Seeing as I'm not in the market for a car at the moment I won't actually know if it's good or not.

Worth a quick watch. I just fast forwarded to the part where is actually driving them

Think the biggest comment was that you can tell the VW group have had massive cost cutting due to Diesel-gate. That A3 interior isn't very nice, and all that piano Black plastic will get finger prints on straight away. Last time I sat in an Audi at the showroom, you could see the finger prints, and greasy finger swipes on the touchscreen. Not very appealing.

I watched a clip showing the differences between MK7 Golf, and MK8 Golf. The lever of cost cutting in those 2 cars was remarkable. I assume to most buyers, they won't notice or care. But it would bother me.

Reactions: pburv
Think the biggest comment was that you can tell the VW group have had massive cost cutting due to Diesel-gate. That A3 interior isn't very nice, and all that piano Black plastic will get finger prints on straight away. Last time I sat in an Audi at the showroom, you could see the finger prints, and greasy finger swipes on the touchscreen. Not very appealing.

I watched a clip showing the differences between MK7 Golf, and MK8 Golf. The lever of cost cutting in those 2 cars was remarkable. I assume to most buyers, they won't notice or care. But it would bother me.

that’s exactly the reason I went from a Golf Gti to an S3. The new golf Gti felt cheap the new touch screen is awful, whilst I like the S3 interior. Also a new Gti costs nearly the same as the S3, so much cost cutting and none of it passed on to the customer.

Reactions: wab172uk and pburv
Plenty of cost cutting on the new A3/S3, in fact Audi started cost cutting on the FL S3, removing the S3 badging and replacing it with the S badging you got on every sline model

Reactions: Sparks43 and pburv