A3 8Y 2020 v 2022

adro

Reaction score
Hi

So I am on my second A3 8Y Sline 1.5 stronic c&and thought I would give you my thoughts on the differences between the two

1 From day one it was in and out of the garage with loads of software faults which after about 3 months were mostly sorted (still got the odd random error)

2 Once sorted it run with few problems other than the sos warning once and the random warning messages that I just ignored.

3. Miss the usb-a to plug my mini usb in with all my music need to use an extension cable now.

4. the Pirelli tyres were much quieter than the Bridgestones on the new one

1. from day one apart from a couple of myAudi app resets and the sat nav taking 3 weeks to get the latest update everything perfect

2. it just seems better screwed together. Hard to describe but it just does

3. Additional regenerative braking is great slowing down automatically for roundabouts junctions etc. Probably increases the mpg by about 5-10%. the MHEV just seems more intelligent.

4. MMI just works flawlessly no issues at all once the myAudi app had sorted itself out (which I think was because I still had my old car on there) and the sat nav updated. Plus it has the three screens and favourite buttons for the auto hold.

5. It now has an extra (interaction) airbag in the drivers seat that didn’t exist on the previous one.

6. added the ambient lighting, storage pack and high beam assist to this one. All of which are worth the extra cash.

7. The app now lets me lock/unlock the care remotely.

8. The online+ traffic is so much better than on the original car which didn’t anticipate journey times as well. Presume it is the difference between online and online+

Overall I think they have sorted most of the gremlins in the first cars. Learnt my lesson not to buy a brand new model right at the start of its release.!

Reactions: gboole and Jops
Trouble is everyone who has the older builds are not getting support from Audi, if you have an issue they will find a way to extract money from you to do these updates or software issues with 20/21 models.....basically it is next please!

Trouble is everyone who has the older builds are not getting support from Audi, if you have an issue they will find a way to extract money from you to do these updates or software issues with 20/21 models.....basically it is next please!
That’s not true for all of us. I have an early 21 plate and my dealer successfully applied the three service updates that were due, free of charge, at my car’s first service.

4. Plus it has the three screens and favourite buttons for the auto hold.

Is there any way to put the auto hold to toggle using the favourite (*) button on the steering wheel??

Car has a 3 year warranty - if there is a genuine issue then it should be fixed free of charge

Why and what are you being charged for?

Car has a 3 year warranty - if there is a genuine issue then it should be fixed free of charge

Why and what are you being charged for?

This looks to be a specific issue regarding a FOD purchase invalidating the warranty rather than the application of software release to fix known problems which are applied free of charge.

Reactions: AdamInKent
Is there any way to put the auto hold to toggle using the favourite (*) button on the steering wheel??
I was initially missing a physical button for auto-hold and have added the MMI button to my favourites but now (one year into ownership) find that I don’t really need it. The car seems to manoeuvre pretty well with auto-hold enabled.

I am under the impression that the first batch 2020 were usb A plus usb c (consensus these were gremlins galore).

Next batch was mine 2021 (first of 2x usb Cs), some gremlins occasionally (mainly SOS warnings, but told at my service they will have 3 (maybe more now) software updates to install, and they need to keep the car for 3 working days) but nothing too annoying, and everything (bar SOS pings at certain places) works usually.

The 2022 batch (also 2xusb Cs) are mostly trouble free.

Mine (30TFSI MHEV) seems to have good regen from it and it's noticeable and does slow me down (not as much as engine braking though).