B and o system questions?

briniuk

Reaction score
firstly is there a different b and o system in the 8v and 8v facelift? And is it worth upgrading my facelift to b and o over Audi standard?

B&O sounds a lot better (imo) than the standard Audi sound system.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

B&O sounds a lot better (imo) than the standard Audi sound system.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
And the Audi Sound System sounds better than the standard set of speakers.

@briniuk , I would do A - B test and see (hear actually) if you notice any difference between the PFL and FL B&O system. I'm afraid I wouldn't hear any difference with my 48 year old ears. I'm not asking to reveal your age, but our ability to hear tiny details decreases with age. Are you young enough to notice the difference?

B&O will be the better system. I doubt there would be a difference between PFL & FL. If there was a difference, the way Audi are going with their cars, the FL won't be as good to save a few pennies. Though if anyone can tell the difference is another thing.

As for upgrading? Are you happy with the Audi system? If yes, then why bother with the expense? If no, then it'll be worth the upgrade

I would not have thought there is any difference between the PFL and FL B&O systems but you could look at the brochures and see what it says for power output and number of speakers. You could even contact B&O direct to ask. The B&O system is good for a car but I would not be sure it would be worth the upgrade over the Audi sound system if you are listening to mainly MP3 quality music in all honesty. Then there is the question of does the saloon sound better than the hatch due to the solid bulkhead????

I don't believe there is any difference in the system from PFL and FL, I would recommend spec'ing it. It's a very good system and is clear and defined at quite staggering volumes.

Easily the best manufacturer upgrade sound system I ever had in a car and a must for anyone into their music.

Reactions: davc
My car was one of the first FL cars and the B&O is pretty poor for an upgraded system, my wife's Polo GTI standard sound system sounds better.

Mine is the one with the sub woofer control missing in the MMI so maybe they improved after that.

And the Audi Sound System sounds better than the standard set of speakers.

@briniuk , I would do A - B test and see (hear actually) if you notice any difference between the PFL and FL B&O system. I'm afraid I wouldn't hear any difference with my 48 year old ears. I'm not asking to reveal your age, but our ability to hear tiny details decreases with age. Are you young enough to notice the difference?
im early 30s so I dont seem to be hearing as much as 10 year ago but im not sure if thats all the loud music over the years!

B&O will be the better system. I doubt there would be a difference between PFL & FL. If there was a difference, the way Audi are going with their cars, the FL won't be as good to save a few pennies. Though if anyone can tell the difference is another thing.

As for upgrading? Are you happy with the Audi system? If yes, then why bother with the expense? If no, then it'll be worth the upgrade

Ive just got it and im used to the bose in the s3 8p, do you know if the bose is as good as the standard s3 fl ?

Is it worth the price to upgrade? - ive seen it used on ebay and pay someone to fit for around £800

Ive just got it and im used to the bose in the s3 8p, do you know if the bose is as good as the standard s3 fl ?

Bose always used to be Audi's upgrade system, so it will be better than the standard. And B&O better than the Bose.

But unless it's tinny of distorting when at the required sound level, than if it was me, I'd just leave alone.