Battery change does the radio have a code

den911

Reaction score
Hi, i have a Audi A3 1.6tdi 2011 Cab and i am chanbging the battery in a few days ,i have gone like for like with a Varta i have been through my docs on the car and can't find the Radio manual sure i have one somewhere anyway what i would like help with is does it need a code ,i know that i have to reset the windows and i also have the format for coding the battery in VCDS , any help would be appreciated thanks

Hi, i have a Audi A3 1.6tdi 2011 Cab and i am chanbging the battery in a few days ,i have gone like for like with a Varta i have been through my docs on the car and can't find the Radio manual sure i have one somewhere anyway what i would like help with is does it need a code ,i know that i have to reset the windows and i also have the format for coding the battery in VCDS , any help would be appreciated thanks

There should be a sticker in the hand book with the code. I think it’s next to the build sticker.
But it may be in the radio book. Can’t remember.

Failing that, you can pay a £5 to have the code sent to you.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-Rad...-/192859639167?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: den911
I think (not 100%) that you only need a radio code if the stereo is removed. You'll probably just need to retune it for your favourite stations.

Should still be paired so no code needed

Reactions: den911
The radio code is stored in the dash so you can remove the battery and put a new one in fine. The only issue you might have is if you try turning the radio on without first turning the ignition on. If that happens though just turn it off and then put the ignition on and it’ll be fine.

The vehicle remembers the radio, I replaced mine with an aftermarket one then about a year later I refitted the original one, worked right away, just the stations needed retuning

Factory head units remember the last vin connected too, radio codes were removed from service & user guide books from about mid 07ish iirc, facelift era.