Bye Bye

1animal1

The Clar!! it mouves!!!
Reaction score
:bye: just watched my relationship with my S3 end as i watched it drive down the road..... gutted!!! suppose it's worse cos i don't have a direct replacement for it yet - used to driving in and picking a new one up to take my mind off it :laugh: - i let it go for £6200 in the end, was going to hold out but thought what the hell for the sake of £100-300 ..i could spend more in adverts and depreciation

Anyway chaps, many thanks for all your help over the years - i will be sticking around as the misus will still have the A3 which i'll be pottering about in till i can get my hands on an S tronic 3 door 8P

:blackrs4::sos: someones took my car!!! :bye:

cheers guys.... still dont make it easier though :)

I'm now searching like a mad man through Autotrader, Pistonheads, ebay and all the others trying to find sumat!! if im not careful i'll talk myself back into a manual :(

Nice one, hope it's gone to a good home.

he seemed like a nice enough fella, wanted service book in tact etc so defo on top of things..... suggested he joins here too so might see it again.

oooooh, just noticed your S3 calipers for sale, been considering some for the misus A3....good working order yeah?

Yeah all good and complete with brake lines and dust shield, I'll even send them to you in a nice Red Brembo Box if you want.

Aw fair play, didnt stay up for sale for long. Good luck on your search for a 8P mate. Wait for exactly what you are after, even if it takes ages, you will be a lot more happy when you got exactly what you was looking for.

Yeah all good and complete with brake lines and dust shield, I'll even send them to you in a nice Red Brembo Box if you want.

wonderful news!!! i shall have a word with her as was only discussing this the other day..... extra for the box you kind sole?

exactly wait for the one, no regrets

even though manual is a ball ache, the dsg has issues as you know, so worth reconsidering

what's your budget if you don't mind me asking, worth getting a B5 RS4 because the price of the 09/10/11 S3 are too "optimistic"

Good luck with the search, will miss your tails of beating things in the S3, isnt the servicing cost of the dsg a lot?

I trust you'll keep upto speed with the F1 thread?!

Sorry to learn about your car, better to have had, than never had at all..........

Best wishes

Chris

exactly wait for the one, no regrets

even though manual is a ball ache, the dsg has issues as you know, so worth reconsidering

what's your budget if you don't mind me asking, worth getting a B5 RS4 because the price of the 09/10/11 S3 are too "optimistic"

No worries matey, was aiming between 20-22k, theory being that they are starting to iron out depreciation wise, that will prob sit me in a 58/09 plate...otherwise im losing 3-4-5k for that first year by going 6/12 months younger.....

Good luck with the search, will miss your tails of beating things in the S3, isnt the servicing cost of the dsg a lot?

No idea tbh mate, not much more to involve is there other than a different gearbox, will ask the 8P boys...... cheers for the heads up

I trust you'll keep upto speed with the F1 thread?!
Chris

defo mate, F1 thread was my life for a small period of my existance :)

That might be where my money goes...
Easier to convince the missus it's 'practcal' than my other ideas: Boxster S, Maserati 3200GT...

it's a nice thought.....its the running costs that scare me, over £1k for front discs/pads for an RS4......and you wouldnt want the old one when the new shape makes that deeper growl ;)

:bye:

Re:S3 brakes

You only need the carriers and 312mm brake disks(and new pads whilst you are at it!), no need to swop calipers or disturb the brake lines. :icon_thumright:

wonderful news!!! i shall have a word with her as was only discussing this the other day..... extra for the box you kind sole?

Ok let me know, I'll throw the box in as a freebie.

Didnt take long for it to go! Be seeing more around the 8P Section now Tim :) Good luck with the hunt i'll keep my eye out.
Did you have any colour in mind?

Didnt take long for it to go! Be seeing more around the 8P Section now Tim :) Good luck with the hunt i'll keep my eye out.
Did you have any colour in mind?

Tim likes pink. I'm pretty sure I can speak for him on that one. Preferably with 'Man love rules OK' down the side.

spanner boys! haha

Benny.....most discounting white/black/silver ;) easy task? haha

was after a FLift S Tronic 3 door..... but found a 58 plate in meteor grey,privacy,adaptive lighting,interior lighting pack,RNS-E sat nav,tyre deflation indicator,folding mirrors, red/black leather, magnetic ride - MANUAL and in budget....watch this space :( im tormenting myself cos of the options!!

spanner boys! haha

Benny.....most discounting white/black/silver ;) easy task? haha

was after a FLift S Tronic 3 door..... but found a 58 plate in meteor grey,privacy,adaptive lighting,interior lighting pack,RNS-E sat nav,tyre deflation indicator,folding mirrors, red/black leather, magnetic ride - MANUAL and in budget....watch this space :( im tormenting myself cos of the options!!

Easy task Tim haha. Get it meteor grey looks lovely have you seen decks S3?
Do a quick search in the 8P section

The prospect of an easy 350bhp from the 8P S3 along with relatively cheap running costs is appealing. RS4 or even an RS6 Plus would be a little more special but as you say when things go wrong it can be a nasty experience for your bank account.

Wish I was in your position but a new house is calling :(

The prospect of an easy 350bhp from the 8P S3 along with relatively cheap running costs is appealing. RS4 or even an RS6 Plus would be a little more special but as you say when things go wrong it can be a nasty experience for your bank account.

Wish I was in your position but a new house is calling :(

That was my predicament mate, trouble is 10% deposit on the house i want means waiting for the equity to spike in this one..... so put in place a 5 year plan to get into my dream house. Another reason i am capping my budget so that the residuals are at the ironed out stage (2/3/ year old car) and so i can sell if i need.

JBS had an RS6 in last week, you have to drop the engine to get the gearbox out, think they said 35 hour job? :eek:

Sorry to see you move over to the dark side bud... although to be fair we had an 8P S3 in a little while back for a Revo and while still not as pretty as the 8L externally they are a very nice place to be and the Xenons are cool!!.. ;p

<tuffty/>

Tim mate you shall be missed. Good luck with the search for a new toy.