CE 8P0907279 to BCM 8P0907063

It's a big job and yes quite a commitment as you can't stop midway, I actually took a week off work for it

I doubt the new headlight switch would work with the CECM as there must be internal differences to account for the extra connector. To be honest it's not that important, if you don't have it fitted at all the headlights will default to be turned on, so you can still use the car while you work on that
In fact, it is something that requires time and commitment.

Regarding the extra connector of the light switch, I imagine as you say that it will not work, I will still try it and let you know if it works. Otherwise I will put the old light switch back.

I understand that at the configuration level you did not have to do anything about this extra connector on the light switch, so if I connect and it doesn't work, there is nothing else I can do.

In fact, it is something that requires time and commitment.

Regarding the extra connector of the light switch, I imagine as you say that it will not work, I will still try it and let you know if it works. Otherwise I will put the old light switch back.

I understand that at the configuration level you did not have to do anything about this extra connector on the light switch, so if I connect and it doesn't work, there is nothing else I can do.

I’ve just read through that and I had that issue with the light switch but didn’t realise till after the install and my lights didn’t work then was chatting with a mate about it. Too be fair it was easy to add the wire after the dash was back in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to admit since I did mine I very rarely use HBA nowadays not long after I finished mine I changed jobs so didn’t really need it anymore. Still glad I did it though.

I wish I could enjoy your HBA without having to do the whole BCM change...

I wish I could enjoy your HBA without having to do the whole BCM change...

Yeah it is a pain plus you do loose a few other things like window auto close on remote. When I say that they do still close when you press the button but when you let go they stop. On my old system I had it coded so when they start closing they continue after release. But you do get other stuff like 5 blink comfort indicators and a few other bits.

Reactions: Discotek
I’ve just read through that and I had that issue with the light switch but didn’t realise till after the install and my lights didn’t work then was chatting with a mate about it. Too be fair it was easy to add the wire after the dash was back in.

And could you tell me where you connected that wire? Does it coincide with what the MT-V6 said? He says that on his TT he plugged it into the fuse box pin SC15. Same in our A3? Any further configuration to make it work?

thank you!

Yeah it is a pain plus you do loose a few other things like window auto close on remote. When I say that they do still close when you press the button but when you let go they stop. On my old system I had it coded so when they start closing they continue after release. But you do get other stuff like 5 blink comfort indicators and a few other bits.

Ouch, I also have the closing of windows configured like this with the remote control, even so I think it makes up for the change if it were just that.

Hello!

I recently began exploring an upgrade from CECM to BCM for my 2008 Audi TT 8J. I've found this thread very helpful and appreciate the small details here.

I have compiled an Excel spreadsheet with a pin-to-pin mapping from CECM/CE to BCM and double-checked it, but I still have some questions and am looking for feedback.
  1. I've been researching BCMs compatible with vehicles from 2011 onward with PR CODE 5D1 (Carrier frequency 433.92 MHz-434.42 MHz). Here are the part numbers for the Onboard Supply Control Unit:
    • 8P0 907 063 H (up to 30.05.2011)
    • 8P0 907 063 R (from 30.05.2011 to 09.07.2012)
    • 8P0 907 063 AB (from 09.07.2012 to 20.05.2013)
    • 8P0 907 063 AD (from 20.05.2013 onwards)I'm curious about the differences between these part numbers and if any offer additional features. Despite extensive research through forums and VCDS scans, I've been unable to find clear distinctions. Can anyone shed some light on this?
  2. Is it realistic to expect that most of the front wires from the CECM will connect directly to the new BCM without needing to be lengthened or have their terminals changed? Or should I anticipate a significant amount of soldering? Are the terminals generally consistent between the CECM and BCM? I am sure that there will be exceptions!

3. I've noticed that some wires in the BCM diagrams (especially earth wires) are thicker than those in the CECM. In such cases, did you replace the entire wire, or did you leave it as is? What approach did you take for BCM wires that are thinner?

4. Regarding the Control Unit in the back, it seems the power wires that previously powered the unit might no longer be needed. Did you just leave these wires insulated and in place?

5. Did you have to add an extra power wire to supply the BCM or used the CECM power wire? I am not looking for exact details... but something that maybe rings a bell!

6. For BCM coding after completing the wiring, I plan to take detailed photos of my current VCDS coding for both the 09 and 46 bytes and then code the BCM similarly. Will I need to re-adapt my keys to the new BCM afterwards?
I would appreciate any help!