clutch and solid flywheel conversion - need engine code to verify

ColganRaz

Reaction score
cut a short story even shorter, the car is rattling itself loose, needs a new flywheel because dual mass are s**te!

after leaving with a mechanic, he said it would be around £600 for parts and labour. Now me being me thought, NO CHANCE...

i sourced the solid flywheel and 3 piece clutch from the internet for £220 delivered, and eventually found a mechanic who quoted me £70 quid for the work doing :p

parts arrived friday (not bad considering i ordered them thursday afternoon!) the salesperson said they were the correct parts but sounded unsure, and the mechanic told me it has to be the right parts for the engine code, because he came to do one before which had a different driveshaft length or something like that...

i dont have the car as its at the garage, but i can get access to the documents... can i find out the code over the phone or online?

need to be sure the parts fit before the work is carried out! thanks

If you have the service book handy, it is on the sticker in the front of the book. Below is a pic of mine and my engine code is BRB. Just so you know, when you get the car back, that same sticker should be in the boot area under the carpet.

WP_000118.jpg