Convenience Key

hmy7k

Reaction score
Website
www.svarre.co.uk
I have just discovered that I have Advanced Key functionality even though I didn't purchase it.

When you purchase the Comfort and Sound pack you get convenience key which gives you automatic unlocking of the doors, you can also choose, for £525, Advanced key which gives you hands free opening and closing of the boot.

I have just opened the boot with my foot, it's rather neat but not worth £525 but rather nice that they include it for free, not so nice if you paid for it.

Anyone else got this, I suspects its standard with the comfort and sound pack, they just don't tell you.

Reactions: Spooky
That sounds good....be interested when mine comes to see if I have this (will be a while yet!)

Yes the comfort and sound pack, WB3, does include the convenience key...

It's the same but called the convenience key because the a4 already has a start/stop button, whereas models which don't are called the advanced key...

I did wonder about the start/stop button mentioned in that pack....
Well I'll be happy if it has the hands free opening thingy... (Even though I bet I never use it!)

The standard is keyless go which only provides a start stop button.

There are two options WB3 Comfort and Sound pack includes convenience key.
There is no mention of boot opening in the brochure page 86.

Then there is PGD/PGB which is Advanced Key and costs£525 page 98 of the brochure. This one mentions boot opening.

If you go on the configurator you can spec BOTH. I am sure Audi would happily charge an extra £500 for nothing.

So has anyone else with comfort & sound pick checked for "boot opening via foot wave" feature? (I'm pretty sure that's the official name for it) :)

I checked after reading this, but no amount of foot waving would get the boot to do anything!

well that sucks
can you wear bigger shoes?

Reactions: iambu and CHEZ
I checked after reading this, but no amount of foot waving would get the boot to do anything!
If you have it , wave your foot underneath once then step back it should open

Perfect. clearly there is more of a 'okey koky' movement required as I've now got it to work. Excellent!

Reactions: iambu
Aha, I'm glad I trawled through old posts. I didn't realise I had the auto boot either. Mine is activated close to the exhaust after much foot waggling last night

I saw several YouTube clips of people sweeping their leg, wiggling and one downright awkward looking lunge haha. Now I know where the sensor is, I should look much cooler next time

Yes I'm still not sure about this 'feature', I mean you could look silly ;-)

You just have to practice the perfect leg flick.

tumblr_mncxazxIu71sqw0fjo1_400.gif

Just checked my order specification on Your Audi as I've spec'd the Comfort & Sound Pack & in the Safety & Technology section it states "Advanced Key" will have to wait & see what it comes with as I've definitely not paid the £525 for the Advanced Key function.

Yep, that's how my car was specced and it indeed works once you have mastered the correct kick.