Dash Cam Installation (Thinkware?)

TwistedSpirit

Reaction score
Hey there :)

I've been lurking for a while, and digging. I know I'm not the first one to ask. But since I'm located in Canada it seems very different in terms of wiring (especially the fuse box...)

I wanted to install a dash cam, particularly a Thinkware F750, which seems to be better in every way, except the fact that the park mode is triggering by the fact that the car is on or not. So given that, it means that any T-Power or Cellink battery would prevent that. So have no choice to hard wire on the battery and a fuse that's off while the car isn't on (unless someone has experience with this cam and a backup battery?)

That being said I had a few questions:
  • Anybody has experience with the Thinkware F750? I'd like your comments!
  • Any of use had any trouble hardwiring a dashcam without any backup battery?
  • Every fuses seem to be on (tested with a multimeter) except those F32 to F37 (For mini)... I was curious too Add-a-circuit instruction claims to not use any accessory that would require more than 10A. But could you use it on a circuit having 20-30A and use an accessory with a 5A fuse on it lets say? (I'm already using F4 for a RD which I disconnect anyway at all time but if I can find one that would turn off when the ignition is off that'd be awesome).
Attached is a (bad) picture of my fuse box and manual.
WP 20150712 22 24 11 Pro lowres WP 20150712 23 34 31 Pro lowres
For reference here's my car ;)
(2015 Technik Scuba Blue, fully loaded except rear airbag, Unitronic Stage 1+)

I have one sitting waiting to go in my RS3 (when it arrives), So I'd be interested in following your progress.

I have one sitting waiting to go in my RS3 (when it arrives), So I'd be interested in following your progress.

I'm not sure yet if I'll get an F750 or a DR650... But for sure I'll let know everybody of the progress when I make up my mind ehhehe!
Until then if someone had any suggestions for the fuse box and other questions that would be greatly appreciated :)

Hi I know this is an old post but I have just got the F750 and am about to hard-wire it. I have used the cigarette fuse as the switched fuse and am about to look for a permanent fuse.
As I have the same car as you what fuses did you use?