decat vs. hi flow cats

tyson

Reaction score
been looking for a hi flow cat, £700!!! :ohmy:
just wondering if there are any power differences between decatting and hi flow cats?
decat seems like a far cheaper option, anyone had any problems decatting?
or is there any real bonuses for the extra £500 for cats?

apart from the MOT situation, does the decat cause any problems to the car?
and will there be a huge difference in noise?

i got a decat on mine.

only cost £90 bargain.

no noise increase. smells nice aswell :)

petrolhead :D

with a decat you get more pops and bangs and if anything more free flowing

Im running a decat,
I toyed with the idea of fitting a cat into the bypass section... Yes ive had a couple of VOSA "meetings" with mobile testing stations.
Mine passes an emissions test ( if that was enough )
But sadly fails due to having no cat to test,
I went decat over hi flow cat after a chat with a tuner...
" no hi flow cat will flow as well as NO cat " is what i left with.

Had a 200 cell custom cat and 3" downpipe fitted yesterday at infinity exhausts Bristol for £500.

It was a ball ache removing the prop shaft etc...hence the price for time taken, about 5 hours to manufacture and fit but...oh my god, Aside from the original map, it is the best thing I have done to the car.

Have a cat or get to know your mot tester.

Enjoy

I've been thinking about a decat recently but with my cold starts at 6.30am to go work, i don't think it'd be good idea! lol. My neighbours must be ****** already with me! I've got a 200 cell sports cat.

I got a decat for 40quid on my old Volvo T4, pick up was much better and contrary or most peoples experiences never had MOT or any problems, always serviced the car prior to MOT, helps get emissions low. This was couple of years back but I only did it as i couldnt afford a sports Cat and because even if my emmissions were high I knew the Man at the MOT station, also never got pulled despite a straight through system, VERY LOUD when floored.

TBH get a Sports Cat if you can afford it, on the T4's there were rolling road tests showing that a decat added roughly 22-24bhp. However Im a noob with the Vag engines.

Do what ive done just bought a 3"dp, 200 cell cat and decat for £350 delivered, guna run the decat but if i get pulled or my mate wont pass it come MOT tIme, i can just swap over to the 200 cell cat then back again :).

I've got a decat on mine, and a milltek non res system, and it flames CONSTANTLY, anyone who's followed me on the road says it pops and spits a fair few flames, and on track, when it's red hot, it spits big 2ft flames down downshifting into the bends and on gear changes!

Looks awesome to anyone following, although I'm always SO careful when I see a police car, if they see the flames, it's a pretty obvious clue that you've got no cat and a reason for them to pull you, where they will of course find, that you have no cat!

Had my car with 3'' DP and decat for 1 year, then fitted a 200 cell cat.
Only difference with cat is the car is a bit more responsive on take off and the exhaust sounds less of a metallic hissing, if that makes sense.

ive got a 3" dp decat and it passed mot and it spits little flame out lol

Reactions: deeman88