Driverside Headlight issue 2005 a6 3.0tdi

noddy1

Reaction score
Hi i have a fault with the drivers side headlight unit none of the bulbs work when turned on or on auto including the indicator and side repeater but when turned off the day time running light turns on the side light but turns off the passenger side side light.
i have checked fuse's on both sides but found there is no fuse in the drivers side fusebox all lists say fuse 18 should be left side headlight electronics but it blank?

what can i try as i need to fix asap as i dont like not having indicators

Have you tested the headlight itself in the other side, usually can swap as a test, subject to checking wiring cross matches.

so had the lights out and swapped them over none of the lights worked in both headlight units other than the indicator on the passenger side and when swapped back the passenger headlight worked as normal and i forgot the foglight is out on the drivers side too

Check connectors aren't corroded, as unless its the ce module, its maybe just this, removing & reconnecting a module sometimes makes 5yw connection better as it scrapes the pins back to metal so to speak.

i have disconneted the battery left it ten minutes and reconnected it and on start up the driverss side side light flashed then went out to not work again unless i turn on as daytime running

Check the headlight connectors for corrosion.