Dynamic mode on drive select

Coz the man's got more thrust with a flick of his stick :whistle2:

Putting the car in for a Revo stage 1 in a few weeks so I'm glad I found out about this reverting back to auto setting.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
How come she is loving you? :D Haha!

It's surprising how much the throttle response changes on the smaller engined cars in dynamic.

Totally agree. Mine is a 1.6 diesel! when its in Dynamic its like an S3! which is why this whole button thing is quite a big thing for me! I find it weird that people with higher powered engines dont see the difference. Surely the way the car handles from not being in Dynamic but it stating they are, would be felt even more if you have a higher powered engine? i must say i only have 2 options on mine, Engine & steering changes, and these are incredibly different when in or out of Dynamic.

Reactions: AudiNutta
Totally agree. Mine is a 1.6 diesel! when its in Dynamic its like an S3! which is why this whole button thing is quite a big thing for me! I find it weird that people with higher powered engines dont see the difference. Surely the way the car handles from not being in Dynamic but it stating they are, would be felt even more if you have a higher powered engine? i must say i only have 2 options on mine, Engine & steering changes, and these are incredibly different when in or out of Dynamic.

I think the difference is immensely more pronounced the bigger and sportier the car gets. Simply because more things change, the change is often technically more drastic and is multiplied across a bigger output.

It's all relative. You say your 1.6tdi feels like an S3 when in dynamic. At the end of the day not much is actually changing, you have to push the pedal a bit less further down for the same 100 odd BHP to be applied and your steering wheel is a bit heavier to turn. It may vibrate the windscreen a bit more via the cabin sount actuator to give you a different cabin noise. If it's stronic it will hold the gears for longer which is what you don't want in a diesel.

I've had expereince in 2.0tdi, 2.0tsi, 3.0tsi, 4.2fsi, 5.2fsi basic spec, S and RS.

One button press, click of the throttle or pull down of the lever in mine goes from a near silent car with light steering that smoothly changes gear at 2k rpm, feels like your driving a jelly on the sea and will never oversteer to something entirely ridiculous.

That one action changes valves in the exhaust, valves in the airbox, valves in the inlet manifold, damper stifness, ride height, throttle mapping, shift points, shift intensity, ignition timing, adds fuel to the exhaust through split injection for the upshift farts, does auto downshift blips of the throttle, steering weight, steering ratio, diagonal stiffness of the DRC system through cornering, front/rear torque bias, it turns on the electronic sport diff to alter the rear left/right torque balance.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Uncle Slaphead, MikeParkin, Ormesome and 1 other person
Flogging a dead horse again, I've just noticed this also happens when using (or being abused by) stop/start. On start, you have to reselect dynamic mode..

Flogging a dead horse again, I've just noticed this also happens when using (or being abused by) stop/start. On start, you have to reselect dynamic mode..
Seriously? That is bad!

Glad i don't have start stop on mine

IMG 0524

So are you saying that each time your engine stops at a set of lights etc you have to cycle through the DS button back to dynamic or individual?

I'm sure mine doesn't do this. In fact I'm sure it's when you reinsert your key.

Excuse the small photo but I read this from a thread the other week. Mentions nothing about stop/start

That would be properly lame. Easy to test i guess by looking at the S vs. D setting on the box. If you come to a stop in S does it start in S?

I can't test it as they didn't fit start stop thank god

View attachment 122162

So are you saying that each time your engine stops at a set of lights etc you have to cycle through the DS button back to dynamic or individual?

I'm sure mine doesn't do this. In fact I'm sure it's when you reinsert your key.

Excuse the small photo but I read this from a thread the other week. Mentions nothing about stop/start

Well it happened to me, I'll do some further testing as I don't use stop start often

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it happened to me, I'll do some further testing as I don't use stop start often

From what I've heard the focus is on if there is a change of driver. So stop/start feature should not effect DS.

Hi everyone, newbie here! I know should prob be posting somewhere else first!

I'm waiting to take delivery of a Navarra blue BE S tronic S3 - can't wait!!

I've asked Audi but can't get a clear answer on this so thought I'd ask here. I've not specced mag ride and wanted to find out what drive select does without it. Presumably no change to damping etc but will change throttle response, steering weight, gear shift speed, exhaust note, is that right?

Thanks in advance everyone, seems like a great forum, will post some picks when I get it!

That would be properly lame. Easy to test i guess by looking at the S vs. D setting on the box. If you come to a stop in S does it start in S?

I can't test it as they didn't fit start stop thank god

I tried the other day but it didn't seem to want to stop with S engaged, it did with D engaged though.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and DeanoC
Hi everyone, newbie here! I know should prob be posting somewhere else first!

I'm waiting to take delivery of a Navarra blue BE S tronic S3 - can't wait!!

I've asked Audi but can't get a clear answer on this so thought I'd ask here. I've not specced mag ride and wanted to find out what drive select does without it. Presumably no change to damping etc but will change throttle response, steering weight, gear shift speed, exhaust note, is that right?

Thanks in advance everyone, seems like a great forum, will post some picks when I get it!

Welcome Tom.
I think you're pretty much spot on in your assumption.
Sounds like a 3 or 5 door you've ordered then.

Reactions: Tommcc
Welcome Tom.
I think you're pretty much spot on in your assumption.
Sounds like a 3 or 5 door you've ordered then.

Thanks for the welcome!

I've ordered a sportback, need 5 doors. Ordered it in feb, not due till end of June been the longest 2.5 months of my life so far and still got 2.5 to go!

Thanks for the welcome!

I've ordered a sportback, need 5 doors. Ordered it in feb, not due till end of June been the longest 2.5 months of my life so far and still got 2.5 to go!

You should post on the Welcome Section of the main forum and the Track your Order section of the A3 it too.
It's a great forum here with a good bunch of guys and gals, so post away with any questions you have mate.

Reactions: Tommcc
You should post on the Welcome Section of the main forum and the Track your Order section of the A3 it too.
It's a great forum here with a good bunch of guys and gals, so post away with any questions you have mate.

Thanks Audi Bairn, just posted in the welcome section :)

I tried the other day but it didn't seem to want to stop with S engaged, it did with D engaged though.

I put mine in neutral at the time.

Did you find d you had to cycle ADS afterwards?

I thought if your in full dynamic mode start stop was disabled, so this shouldn't be a problem.

Reactions: DeanoC
This is the way I've figured it out:

If I put the car in Dynamic mode, then everything goes to the max and the S-Tronic box is in Sport mode. If I then turn the car off and restart it, it's still in Dynamic, but the box isn't in sport mode, you just have to pull back the lever again - still full dynamic however. This is why there's a difference in rev's when you first go into dynamic vs restarting, because of the sport mode in the gearbox.

As for stop/start, if your in dynamic mode it will still engage, but again, if the box is in sport mode, spot/start is disabled. I sometimes just pull the lever back when at a roundabout or something to just disable the stop/start and then put it back in D after...

Reactions: AL_B

If I put the car in Dynamic mode, then everything goes to the max and the S-Tronic box is in Sport mode. If I then turn the car off and restart it, it's still in Dynamic, but the box isn't in sport mode, you just have to pull back the lever again - still full dynamic however. This is why there's a difference in rev's when you first go into dynamic vs restarting, because of the sport mode in the gearbox.

As for stop/start, if your in dynamic mode it will still engage, but again, if the box is in sport mode, spot/start is disabled. I sometimes just pull the lever back when at a roundabout or something to just disable the stop/start and then put it back in D after...

The trick you expain does work but It depends what you have installed. It will start with all engine and gearbox settings in auto even if you left it in dynamic like you say and a flick into S will put you in full dynamic but a change back to D will revert any other dynamic or dyamnic via individual settings back to auto. Only a loop through thr modes will make it stick irrelevant of what you do with the stick.

The trick you expain does work but It depends what you have installed. It will start with all engine and gearbox settings in auto even if you left it in dynamic like you say and a flick into S will put you in full dynamic but a change back to D will revert any other dynamic or dyamnic via individual settings back to auto. Only a loop through thr modes will make it stick irrelevant of what you do with the stick.

Really? Doesn't seem to be the case with mine... if I go out to start the car now, it feels exactly how I left it when I pull the lever back into sport mode. I've tried the cycling thing before, but it's made no difference.

Really? Doesn't seem to be the case with mine... if I go out to start the car now, it feels exactly how I left it when I pull the lever back into sport mode. I've tried the cycling thing before, but it's made no difference.
Cycling will put the box back in S if you parked it in Dynamic yes?

Does you car have exhaust valves?

Cycling will put the box back in S if you parked it in Dynamic yes?

Does you car have exhaust valves?

Yeah, cycling puts the box back into S, and yes it doe's have the valves. But if I just pull the lever back, its in S and what feels like full dynamic, valves open up at higher rev etc.

Yes that will be right but what im saying is if you put it back in D the valves will work as if you was in auto not dynamic

Yes that will be right but what im saying is if you put it back in D the valves will work as if you was in auto not dynamic

Oh right, gotcha now. I'll play with that later... :)

Reactions: DeanoC

Nope the only way to get full dynamic is to cycle the modes back to dynamic, pull on gearstick is not enough.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: AL_B, Supa Koopa and DeanoC
Nope the only way to get full dynamic is to cycle the modes back to dynamic, pull on gearstick is not enough.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

It doesn't matter how many times it's repeated, for some reason people don't seem to believe it. :)

Reactions: Terminator x, DeanoC and Ormesome
Steering definitely doesn't remain in dynamic either. I'm sure there is no need for me to say that but thought I'd test it myself yesterday and it was comfort steering for sure after restart. Bet you're glad you have more confirmation eh? :blahblah1:

Reactions: Supa Koopa and Terminator x
Steering definitely doesn't remain in dynamic either. I'm sure there is no need for me to say that but thought I'd test it myself yesterday and it was comfort steering for sure after restart. Bet you're glad you have more confirmation eh? :blahblah1:

Don't worry, someone will be along shortly to tell you you're imagining it because theirs isn't like that. :)

Reactions: Ormesome
Don't worry, someone will be along shortly to tell you you're imagining it because theirs isn't like that. :)
I've only gone and fooled myself too ha! Started it up this morning, steering was definitely still in dynamic :racer:

Sorted on the B8.5:

Before:

After:

Reactions: KieranJ22 and Steelster