RSQ3 'flat bottom wheel

JDHOWELLS

Reaction score
Took a little look on Audis configurator today and noticed the flat bottom steering wheel has been dropped from the RSq3..? What a stupid decision.. anyone know why? Is this the new Audi thing as not available on the s3 either..?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's not totally correct JDH.

The flat bottomed wheel is 'de-selected' if the Driving Assistance pack is added - and the description of that pack is ambiguous too.

It claims to add:
High Beam assist
Audi Parking System Plus
Adaptive Cruise
Emergency Assist
Audi Side Assist.

The Standard RSQ3 gets Audi Parking System Plus and most of the Audi Side Assist pack (doesn't get the cross traffic feature) as std spec with the flat bottomed wheel. The std RS gets cruise - just not the adaptive bit. I wanted HBA and used a Kufatec dongle to enable it.

You can see the edge of the flat bottomed wheel below:

20201025-132349.jpg

Except every vorsprung I’ve ever looked has the flat bottom wheel, and they have the drivers pack as std included

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes agreed, Audi seem to have made some sort of configuration decision. Whilst on the subject of poor configuration decisions - the Std RS is the only vehicle with a 20" wheel option - 21" might be all the rave from a visual perspective but the pot-holed shambles on the road network suggests otherwise. As a point of observation for the considerable price hike for the Vorsprung model you don't get that much more kit over the the two lesser models - and even then a Storage Pack is still an option...