Jason-888

Reaction score
Hi all! Hope our christmases and new years were good.. anyway on to my problem. I have an s3 with a BAM engine (although AGU head) and iv been having an overboost issue since i owned the car, but having trouble trying to solve it. I can keep the boost at actuator pressure by running a direct line from the little hose under the intake manifold directly to the actuator (with my boost gauge attached on a T piece) and all is well, however when i then re-attach my diverter valve (on a second T piece further along the hose) it has overboosting issues again. Now is there something im missing? Is there somewhere else i can run a line to the diverter valve from? But have read its best not to run anything else of the line for the fuel pressure regulator or is there just not enough pressure in my manifold to feed all 3 thing?

Where is your N75 in all of this? That’s what’s controlling your boost bud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, i suspected my n75 to be faulty so unplugged it and also switched it for another unit but still overboosting so i ran a line straight to the actuator to rule out a faulty actuator and hey presto no overboost. So for now iv been running it like that while i get to the bottom of this.

Ah I see, the N75 piped up correctly? It’s been known some people have piped it up the wrong way.

Do you have any history of the turbo being changed/refurbished?

I believe it was yes, as i suspected this too so checked it. I dont even have the n75 connected at the moment and its still overboosting as i explained, so im stumped, im sure other guys run more than just a boost gauge and recirc valve off of this hose and dont have issues? And not sure on the history of the turbo, i cant see any branding on the turbo so have always wondered what it is.

So is there any other safe-ish sources of intake pressure i can tap into?