Lane departure warning

Scaglioni

Reaction score
Hi

Under Car / Driver Assist / Lane departure warning - I have a menu item for vibration on / off. Toggling this setting does not appear to actually make any difference to the auto-applied steering wheel jerk. Does anyone have any idea what it is supposed to do ?

Cheers

F

Hi

Under Car / Driver Assist / Lane departure warning - I have a menu item for vibration on / off. Toggling this setting does not appear to actually make any difference to the auto-applied steering wheel jerk. Does anyone have any idea what it is supposed to do ?

Cheers

F
Mmi options allows you to set lane departure system warnings between early through to late and steering wheel vibration to either on or off.

there isnt an option to turn the system off. To do this you need to press the button on the end of the indicator stalk however the system is reactivated eveytime the ignition is switched back on.

My issue is that toggling the vibration setting to either on or off does not seem to actually alter any of the behaviour

My issue is that toggling the vibration setting to either on or off does not seem to actually alter any of the behaviour
When you say it is not altering the behaviour what is it actually doing?

With the vibration on you should easily notice it through the steering wheel - if your not then it sounds the system is not being triggered. Irrespective of whether the vibration setting is on or off the way in which the wheel feels tighter to turn when the system is activated remains unchanged

When you say it is not altering the behaviour what is it actually doing?

With the vibration on you should easily notice it through the steering wheel - if your not then it sounds the system is not being triggered. Irrespective of whether the vibration setting is on or off the way in which the wheel feels tighter to turn when the system is activated remains unchanged
If I switch vibration on then let the car drift out of lane there is no difference compared to having vibration switched off.

If I switch vibration on then let the car drift out of lane there is no difference compared to having vibration switched off.
Suggesting you try gently turning with indicating