Leather Upholstery

ama

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note to say I picked up our car on Friday from our dealer (not the main audi dealer) and while it is lovely the upholstery is not exactly as I was expecting. I've been in touch with the main dealer and they will happily look at it for us but wanted to know what yours was like? For comparison ours is an s-line spec with std black leather.

To be fair I only had a short time with the car before I dropped it at the detailers for a ceramic paint protection and rushed back to work so didn't take any images but there were a couple of areas which I found a little saggy.

The first is the centre console/arm rest - which is just a simple leather clad plastic panel was not taught, if you rub your thumb across it it bunches up. Where as other areas of similar construction (window sills or dash) are solid. I assume this is wrong? - I'd have expected the finish should really match the other solid interior elements clad in leather.

The second area is the front edge of the seat cushion in the middle of the rear seat - it feels more like a vintage sofa where the foam pad is sitting well below the level of the leather. We've always had a cloth interior before which has been full and tight. This is not full and tight, as if it was installed but then not steamed to fit (or however they tighten leather upholstery onto the foam cushioning). I might expect this if the car was a few years old and had some use but absolutely no one has sat in this position.

So far the dealer has made all the right noises about wanting to help resolve it, but until they see the pics I'll send them this week we won't know how helpful they'll actually be.

Anyone else have any issues with their upholstery? - how saggy/loose should the rear seat pad be? Any comments/experiences gratefully received.

Cheers

Hi,

I have the grey leather interior in my s line A6 Avant and it is tight in all areas not like you mention in your post. Even the center console trim is tight when you run your thumb over it with no movement of the leather. I would book the car in with a dealer and complain like hell about the poor finish with the leather. I had a friend who had a v w Tiguan with full leather pack and after only 3000 miles the leather started to sag badly . He complained and eventually the dealer had the leather seats re leathered completely. Leather seats on today's cars are rubbish compared to old cars. I have a S3 , 20years old with silk Naper leather which are still in purfect condition, with a bit of loving care over the years. . Good luck and keep nagging away at the dealer.

Thanks Jack, I'll keep on at the dealer until I get it sorted

Thanks Jack, I'll keep on at the dealer until I get it sorted
I picked mine up in November with S-Line black Nappa leather and all is tight also. I wouldn’t live with that and I’m sure the dealer will agree.

I picked mine up in November with S-Line black Nappa leather and all is tight also. I wouldn’t live with that and I’m sure the dealer will agree.

Thanks for your thoughts MRJ - sounds like it's looser than it should be I'll keep on at the dealer