MIGGZ's A3 1.8t - The all rounder build thread

Looks cool Miggles!

How does the sewing machine 1.8T sound with such a monster bean can on the back?

When does the big turbo go on? :racer:

Looks cool Miggles!

How does the sewing machine 1.8T sound with such a monster bean can on the back?

When does the big turbo go on? :racer:
Hahaha shot bud

It's gotten quieter now, on idle and low rpm it's a nice soft 6cyl growl but after that it's a soft screaming banshee

I don't know yet hey I'm in ****** 2 minds about it

wow this 8l section is dying..... o well post for shits and giggles

panels are in and looking much better

then the NRG short hub and quick release

Looking really good dude!

Been keeping up with it progress on FB and must of missed it in here, does seem like the forum doesn't have anywhere near the traffic it used to! See the occasional tumbleweed though lol

Looking really good dude!

Been keeping up with it progress on FB and must of missed it in here, does seem like the forum doesn't have anywhere near the traffic it used to! See the occasional tumbleweed though lol
Thanks bud means a lot coming from you

Yeah dude before I would post some pics on fb and all on here. When i posted there was like a good few likes and comments but lately post something and nothing. Only reason I'm posting on here is just for a reference for myself now

Reactions: Prawn
I'm loving all the green, awesome build keep going and keep updating hopefully one day I can add to mine.

Thanks bud means a lot coming from you

Yeah dude before I would post some pics on fb and all on here. When i posted there was like a good few likes and comments but lately post something and nothing. Only reason I'm posting on here is just for a reference for myself now

Certainly does feel that way with forums as a whole as of late. A few years back this place was swarming.

Don't know what you mean coming from me lol, i love your car! Looks brilliant and makes me want to change mine to white :)

Certainly does feel that way with forums as a whole as of late. A few years back this place was swarming.

Don't know what you mean coming from me lol, i love your car! Looks brilliant and makes me want to change mine to white :)
Hahahah because your build is insane mine is like nothing compared to yours

Make yours white lol white is right

Reactions: StaceyS3
I also have an aum powered a3
5 door version though
I've enjoyed reading your thread
Your the only aum project I have came across so it's good to see what's possible from the engine :)

I also have an aum powered a3
5 door version though
I've enjoyed reading your thread
Your the only aum project I have came across so it's good to see what's possible from the engine :)
thats awesome mate, hope the thread helped you out

Reactions: scotty89
So another little upgrade

Tuesday made exactly 4 years i have had Kratos and decided to give it a bath, a TAKATA tow strap and a FUEL PERFORMANCE 265L/H fuel pump

This is the company i got the fuel pump from and the Local Supplier here is Tiaan so he came over and we started fitting, its such a awesome piece of kit the pump comes with a new pipe, some clamps and new O-rings. The pump is a direct replacement and fits into the oem housing with out modding and the best thing about it, lifetime warranty!!!!

stock on the left FP on the right

New o ring

New Pipe

and done
going to change fuel pressure reg tonight then go run some logs as we checked yesterday and we think the FPR is set at 4.4bar

then i fitted a nice little TOW strap

Reactions: Jay A3
So went for a dyno run quickly now. I'm up 9whp and a few NM of torque!

The readings are done on the wheels not on the fly like its done on ASN hahahah
But none the less altitude is 1870m above sea and it was 25' outside temp!

My car just made it on the dyno lol

8u5a3ede.jpg

devehu4e.jpg

hysetyty.jpg

aje3eqat.jpg

a8ygebup.jpg
I know it's going back near 3 years but what mods did you have to get that figure and was your engine the 150bhp or 180bhp standard

no worries does not feel like 3 years ago

the book said 110kw so assume its the 150hp

Stock k03s turbo
76mm dp and 63mm exhaust
forge tip with cone filter
snow performance stage 2 wmi
fmic
unitronic stage 2 file
thats all i can think of at the moment

Looking good man.. This car up in person is something else! The amount of time and effect gone into this build is crazy just like you haha.. Big ups for going so insane with this car man , I'm sure she brings a huge smile to your face every time you drive her

Reactions: MIGGZ
Thanks bud

Done nothing major in a while

Replaced leaking gasket on exhaust side, new wipers, new head light bulbs, replaced hooters after not having a working hooter in 3 years Hahahah

Got a pesky little boost leak somewhere, need to redo a boost pipe and then do some tuning

Reactions: AdzA3AGU
Just had mine back today with the lightened single mass and vr6 clutch revs really smooth and I'm straight onto boost now

yea brilliant Mod. shame my clutch pedal decided to explode! all the welds have gone on the bracket that holds the clip on the Master Cyl so shes dead in the water for another 4 days

So busy with new map

0ae146e41ca98d24ef4eccb930327be0.jpg

f09cfc903893e1028ff68047cd8db1f9.jpg

Fitted the 440cc and took the 4bar fpr out

045c4b58969101492ee9e5d8c249d929.jpg

c33f1d4234988af6484d8aa86256ba6a.jpg

Then clutch master cylinder decided it was time to start leaking siiiiigh

So removed it last night and picked up the new one this morning so I'll fit it tonight then Thursday back to tuning

Reactions: AdzA3AGU
ooooooooooooooooh.

Anything else changed Miggles? Or just bigger injectors to future proof and give you some more headroom?

Reactions: MIGGZ
ooooooooooooooooh.

Anything else changed Miggles? Or just bigger injectors to future proof and give you some more headroom?
Hahahah hiiiiiii nick

Well for now it's just to max out what i have, in July the gt is going on then I need to make a tough call on software plans which I'll Pm you now lol

Finished the clutch master yesterday and feels good

Then Re did the heat shielding on the firewall

1c612d110ed5315ffc14af4c8dfe04c3.jpg

5d7cee44802eaaefca57f1bde104239f.jpg

Then went for some mapping at yoshy

Got this figure

80986daf0eb1f6e7995230a29ab3ed56.jpg

That's on the wheels not fly, the actuator was busy failing and meth is a bit inconsistent, so I'm going to replace actuator sort out the meth issue, maybe do duel nozzle while I'm at it then tune again

Reactions: JOSE8LT
Powwwwwwwwwwa! Nice dude very strong..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JOSE8LT

Haha I totally agree with this! Its a reminder of what parts I need when I come to replace them.
Im feeling the german / Jap vibe with this one :racer:

Bwahahahahahahhahahahahahajajajajahaha imagine that.

Well I'm the strongest k04 here. And it's still stock k04

fe5fd3268648cbc3cc1b6a1ddb1474a0.jpg

Re did the throttle boost pipe this week after the last tosser that built it included a tube of pratley steel to cover all the cracks.

68a4a95d5335352b9d90d0778ef2b4fb.jpg

And actuator is on properly as well

d666901cfa907a7d94774fe3718d8d0a.jpg

Replaced pads yesterday as well with a set of EBC BLUE NDX

Going to do some tests tonight and Check everything

O and the CTS throttle plate is on.

Now running 330cc aem meth bung on the boost pipe and 130cc on the throttle plate. I'm liking how the car is feeling with this mod

O and the CTS throttle plate is on.

Now running 330cc aem meth bung on the boost pipe and 130cc on the throttle plate. I'm liking how the car is feeling with this mod

Glad you happy with this meth setup. Once mine is mapped also gunna go this route with throttle plate and boost pipe meth setup.
As usual bud you my inspiration and glad to say Goldie is almost ready.