My New B9 A4 Avant 3.0 TDI quattro

originalknuckles

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been lurking for a while reading about your new A4's and now mine has arrived I thought I would share a few photos.

I've had a few Audi's and VW's over the last 15 years or so as company cars, my last one being an A5 Sportback. The lease on that runs out this month and I've been too busy to give it much thought until a few weeks ago when I suddenly realised I need to sort something out! I've stopped the company car as the tax man is making it less of a perk each year that goes by, so this is the first car I have owned since I was 18!

Having missed out on some awesome lease deals on an S5 sportback (£350 a month!), I went to my local dealer to see what they had available. After years of choosing the most frugal/tax efficient model I was keen to get Quattro this time and try a bigger engine, so when the dealer had this one in the showroom I knew a deal had to be done!

Its a 3.0 TDI 272 Quattro in Matador red. I wasn't sure on the colour as under the lights in the showroom it looked a bit orange, but it was loaded with toys so I told myself I could grow to like the colour and I will spend most of my time inside of it not looking at the colour :)

I only had to wait a week to pick it up, but it seemed like an eternity so I can only imagine what its like for you guys who have to wait 12 weeks+ for a factory order!

Anyway, here are a few photos. I haven't seen many Matador red pictures online so hopefully this might help anyone considering it. It is actually quite a deep red and in daylight its stunning.

A4 noreg4
A4 noreg3
A4 noreg2
A4 noreg1

Full spec:

Audi A4 Avant S line 3.0 TDI quattro 272 PS tiptronic
Comfort and sound pack
Technology pack
Acoustic glass and privacy glass
Electric/heated/memory seats and mirrors
Extended LED interior lights
Virtual Cockpit
Rear camera
B&O Stereo
Driver assistance pack - tour
Adaptive comfort suspension
Hill hold assist

Reactions: scotty76, NickGun, Keef and 3 others
Hi all, I've been lurking for a while reading about your new A4's and now mine has arrived I thought I would share a few photos.

I've had a few Audi's and VW's over the last 15 years or so as company cars, my last one being an A5 Sportback. The lease on that runs out this month and I've been too busy to give it much thought until a few weeks ago when I suddenly realised I need to sort something out! I've stopped the company car as the tax man is making it less of a perk each year that goes by, so this is the first car I have owned since I was 18!

Having missed out on some awesome lease deals on an S5 sportback (£350 a month!), I went to my local dealer to see what they had available. After years of choosing the most frugal/tax efficient model I was keen to get Quattro this time and try a bigger engine, so when the dealer had this one in the showroom I knew a deal had to be done!

Its a 3.0 TDI 272 Quattro in Matador red. I wasn't sure on the colour as under the lights in the showroom it looked a bit orange, but it was loaded with toys so I told myself I could grow to like the colour and I will spend most of my time inside of it not looking at the colour :)

I only had to wait a week to pick it up, but it seemed like an eternity so I can only imagine what its like for you guys who have to wait 12 weeks+ for a factory order!

Anyway, here are a few photos. I haven't seen many Matador red pictures online so hopefully this might help anyone considering it. It is actually quite a deep red and in daylight its stunning.

View attachment 117053 View attachment 117052 View attachment 117051 View attachment 117050

Full spec:

Audi A4 Avant S line 3.0 TDI quattro 272 PS tiptronic
Comfort and sound pack
Technology pack
Acoustic glass and privacy glass
Electric/heated/memory seats and mirrors
Extended LED interior lights
Virtual Cockpit
Rear camera
B&O Stereo
Driver assistance pack - tour
Adaptive comfort suspension
Hill hold assist
Lovely car mate and great spec.

Thanks! It has a lot of spec I wouldn't have normally chosen, but as it was the showroom model it was loaded with extras. Managed to drive a hard bargain with the sales guy as well as they only have a certain amount of time to sell them and the clock was ticking for them, so I guess I was in the right place at the right time and I was prepared to do a deal on the day which helped :)

For anyone in a similar position, knowing how much discount you can get using the likes of Carwow is good knowledge to have before you start negotiations. The original price they quoted me was ridiculous compared to the final price we got to...

It is a beast compared to anything I have had previously. I thought the 2.0 TDI 177 on my A5 was pretty quick, but this thing is like a rocket in comparison!

Reactions: syed123 and Jcbmally
:sign ban:Not an S4? :whistle2:

Seriously, looks stunning, loving the colour and nice spec!

Thanks TripleD, I'm still playing with the toys to work out how they all work! I wish I could have got the S4, but its a little out of my league at the moment. Maybe next time... To be fair though, I'm getting S4 mpg at the moment as I can't stop giving it some beans on the way home from work :) :racer:.

I have read conflicting reports of breaking in a new engine for the 1st 1000 miles or so. Does anyone have any opinions on this? I'm trying to be good, but its hard being sensible with so much power on tap!

Reactions: syed123 and TripleD
Very Nice car mate, i had to settle for the 3.0Q 218 this time round. Great engine just lacks that sparkle that the 272 has. The handbook suggests a 900 mile break in period so as hard as it may be for you I'd say go easy on her for now.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I haven't actually read the manual yet. That was one of the niggles I had with the handover - no manual!

Reactions: mariopap7
You can download it on here.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I have read conflicting reports of breaking in a new engine for the 1st 1000 miles or so. Does anyone have any opinions on this? I'm trying to be good, but its hard being sensible with so much power on tap!

I know the feeling, but if your gentle at the beginning the better the engine will be. I've read the reviews about how engines no longer need it etc, but I would rather take it easy for the first 1500 miles. A bit of 'fun' is needed to help the run in process!

Lovely car and ou chose the best colour, but then I am totally bias...

Reactions: originalknuckles
I know the feeling, but if your gentle at the beginning the better the engine will be. I've read the reviews about how engines no longer need it etc, but I would rather take it easy for the first 1500 miles. A bit of 'fun' is needed to help the run in process!
Just don't race the engine when it is cold, let it labour or have extended periods of high rpm and you should be fine. I tended to drive mine in sport mode as I felt drive let the engine rpm drop too much. However I don't know if the trip tronic is different...

To me, sport mode should be called hooligan mode! This is the first time I have owned a car that isn't a manual so I'm still getting used to it, but I find drive is ok even in economy mode.

Reactions: syed123 and Keef
To me, sport mode should be called hooligan mode! This is the first time I have owned a car that isn't a manual so I'm still getting used to it, but I find drive is ok even in economy mode.

So what you are saying is that you are a big girls blouse :welcoming:

Reactions: originalknuckles and pierreluigi88
Really, I can drive it as if I was in pipe and slipper mode and improve my mpg...

Reactions: syed123
Thanks! It has a lot of spec I wouldn't have normally chosen, but as it was the showroom model it was loaded with extras. Managed to drive a hard bargain with the sales guy as well as they only have a certain amount of time to sell them and the clock was ticking for them, so I guess I was in the right place at the right time and I was prepared to do a deal on the day which helped :)

For anyone in a similar position, knowing how much discount you can get using the likes of Carwow is good knowledge to have before you start negotiations. The original price they quoted me was ridiculous compared to the final price we got to...

It is a beast compared to anything I have had previously. I thought the 2.0 TDI 177 on my A5 was pretty quick, but this thing is like a rocket in comparison!

Lovely car mate :)
I have the same engine mapped but in Saloon form and with the adaptive sports suspension.‎
I really wonder how the adaptive comfort would feel in comparison especially with the smaller alloys.. I've got the 19s but the ride comfort is surprisingly good, very magic carpet like but can be a bit firm on rough roads.‎

Thanks syed123. It rides unbelievably well compared to any of my previous Audi's. I had an A4 avant S-line prior to my last A5 and I swore never to have an S-line again as the suspension was "crashy" and harsh on most roads. It used to feel like I was stuck in tram lines on the motorway as well which was unnerving.

I haven't read the owners manual yet, but I was expecting to see some extra settings in the drive select for the adaptive comfort bit compared to standard suspension. Is the "adaptive" part automatic based on which mode you are in?

I've got the adaptive comfort suspension, best option i ticked!

My understanding is that it is always adapting to the road so you get the benefit in all modes but the mode you select will alter the base firmness of the ride that you feel, e.g. It's still adapting in dynamic mode but is inherently firmer than comfort.

Reactions: originalknuckles
Very nice, lovely colour. First Avant I've seen in it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jcbmally and originalknuckles