NEED HELP WITH DUMB DRL's

antonio87

Reaction score
i have a 58 plate audi a3 with the new LED DRLs with xenon lights. the dam things get dim when, the side lights go on, the dipped beam and when i use the indicators. i have searched everywhere for vag-com coding to keep them to full brightness all the time, but none of the postings work on mine. what am i doing wrong. im using vag-com 704.1

any help appreciated

the thing is that apparently there is a fix for the A5/S5: http://www.geocities.com/a6retrofit/articles/a5vagcodes.html about half way down there is coding for the drl's but that doesnt work. when i plug vag-com on the car on the coding there is a option saying to dimm the DRL's and by a certain % i have disabbled it so it would dimm but it still does it. im completly lost.

Have you tried updating your VCDS to latest 805.2 as this would show the latest features to code where as 704.1 is fairly old.

What am i doing wrong.

I'm using vag-com 704.1

Pretty much answered your own question there mate I should think. As Nigel says update to the latest version which will have label file support for your newer car.

Once you have that installed post up an Autoscan for your car so we can have a look and if that fails you can contact Ross Tech directly for help.

the thing is the vag-com aint mine, its a friends (well his works). you know where i can get one for a good price. dont want nothing off ebay as i've hear alot of bad things about them.

Antonio, the one you're using is a cheapy of ebay, 704.1 is counterfeit, you risk on your 30k car a cheap cable seems little silly.

If you want authentic you have 2 options, micro can which only does like A3, Golf 5 chassis, not others or get Hex Can USB which is best option, yes more money but it can connect to pretty much any VAG car, so handy if you have a friend/family who needs help or you change VAG cars.

I was doing a group buy for £228.75 which is £30 cheaper than rrp, but had little responce once price was confirmed given exchange rates, if I can get 10 people then I'll do the deal, do you want to buy one? Cause might be able to muster 10 now as I think I know 7 already.

yep! Hex Can USB definitely the one i want to go for as i have friends and family with VAG car. so NHN im definitely intrested.

Interested or want one as thats what I have been trying to do for while now mate, if you want one then ok I will redo the group buy & see whose up for it.

Is £228.75 fully inclusive or is there postage on top?

Also, is that price for the HEX & CAN option?

If it's £228.75 all in for the HEX & CAN option then count me in - I'm definitely in for that price

Hex Can USB & includes postage everything but I'm not vat registered so cant claim back sorry, but its still way under

Hex Can USB & includes postage everything but I'm not vat registered so cant claim back sorry, but its still way under

That's cool - as long as all I pay is £228.75 then I'm a happy man! Count me in!