New RS3 8Y Design Details

ah now that’s the mind set you need to adopt ... will be a good cope mechanism when you’re car is months after mine ;) :tearsofjoy:

Stop it now
Never gonna happen
You know it
I know it
The whole forum knows it
Last in the que pliskin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin
Daytona grey :icon thumright:
I think it suits all RS models & will blend with that front grill well.
Black will look good but it’s the upkeep that puts me off.

Good choice. I’d narrowed it down to 3 colours ( Glacier white, Daytona grey or Tango red). I prefer metallic colours so green and blue out, don’t like the other grey, black is too much work, yellow I just couldn’t do.

Depends on prices but I do still fancy Sepang or Nogaro. Would be a long wait by sounds of it but would be better match for red brake callipers.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Good choice. I’d narrowed it down to 3 colours ( Glacier white, Daytona grey or Tango red). I prefer metallic colours so green and blue out, don’t like the other grey, black is too much work, yellow I just couldn’t do.

Depends on prices but I do still fancy Sepang or Nogaro. Would be a long wait by sounds of it but would be better match for red brake callipers.

it was glacier or Daytona for me but got white now so going for a colour I’ve always admired but never quite got before. Red is a good shout on this car if you’re into red, it really suits it.

Reactions: NevMan
I’ve heard that the UK configurator will have an option “Get your car ahead of Audi Stratford deliveries”

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Terminator x
I'm actually hoping for a January onwards registration. Just to help a little at resale with it being a 2022 car rather than a December 2021. I asked the dealer who took my deposit what woudl happen if I had the call in December that the car was being delivered and I would happily pay the balance for it in December but wanted it registered in January and he said it would be "take it then or we'll refund the £1k and I'll sell it to someone else......". This is my first new car so don't know the general rules on this but is he right to say that (apart from being rude and big headed). I'm sure they don't want cars hanging around but can't be that hard to leave it a few weeks. It might be wishful thinking for December anyway. Dealer said there would be next to no chance for 2021 delivery......

I'm actually hoping for a January onwards registration. Just to help a little at resale with it being a 2022 car rather than a December 2021. I asked the dealer who took my deposit what woudl happen if I had the call in December that the car was being delivered and I would happily pay the balance for it in December but wanted it registered in January and he said it would be "take it then or we'll refund the £1k and I'll sell it to someone else......". This is my first new car so don't know the general rules on this but is he right to say that (apart from being rude and big headed). I'm sure they don't want cars hanging around but can't be that hard to leave it a few weeks. It might be wishful thinking for December anyway. Dealer said there would be next to no chance for 2021 delivery......

Strange I was thinking the same but the other way round
There won’t be many 2021 third gen rs3s
Think they will be worth more in years to com as there will only be a handful
2022 cars will be loads

Seriously in no rush I’m enjoying my A7 a lot so it’s no big deal
All the talk is just banter of course keeps it jovial and keeps us sane
I wouldn’t care if it was next year early/ mid summer as I’d never use it in our ***** winters
Cost is a factor and how much Audi give me on the A7
if the salesman is **** head and winds me up with unrealistic build and delivery times
Like I know they do a lot to customers

Should flog the A7 now, you are likely to get what you paid for it if not more. Challenge then is what do you get in the meantime. Why not a 8V RS3 for practice

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, PeteRS3lee and Terminator x

I’ve always been happy to take my car there and then when it’s been ready. I’ve heard various tales via forums of people asking dealers to keep there car anywhere between a few weeks or two months so they can get a new reg plate.
I don’ t really know what the truth is but others my have some experiences, but certainly your dealer doesn’t seem too keen. I suspect they would want the car through their books and another sale clicked off the list before year end, so saying can you keep it probably won’t go down well.

I suspect depending on the circumstances by time December arrives you may get a bit better reaction or else if they need the numbers they will flatly refuse.

I’ve always been happy to take my car there and then when it’s been ready. I’ve heard various tales via forums of people asking dealers to keep there car anywhere between a few weeks or two months so they can get a new reg plate.
I don’ t really know what the truth is but others my have some experiences, but certainly your dealer doesn’t seem too keen. I suspect they would want the car through their books and another sale clicked off the list before year end, so saying can you keep it probably won’t go down well.

I suspect depending on the circumstances by time December arrives you may get a bit better reaction or else if they need the numbers they will flatly refuse.

Had a Focus Rs delivery December 2009
They were more than happy to show it off for three months in their showroom till I picked it up March 1st 10 plate 2010
Advertisement sold 3 more on the back of that with mine in the showroom

Reactions: AndyVWR and Snake Pliskin
Should flog the A7 now, you are likely to get what you paid for it if not more. Challenge then is what do you get in the meantime. Why not a 8V RS3 for practice

Mmmmmmm
I like the A7
Need it for as long as possible
Before it goes

Does anybody have a rough idea of months payments for the new Rs3 I know its spec dependent and hard to gauge at the moment .
Just trying to tell the wife it makes sense :laughing:

Does anybody have a rough idea of months payments for the new Rs3 I know its spec dependent and hard to gauge at the moment .
Would guess £600 a month with a £8k deposit?

i spoke to my son regarding the 8y RS3 his dealership one of the largest in the UK hav'nt a clue at all about it.....so anyone that says different is daydreaming but l can say the APR will be 6% plus CIRCA 6-5%

hello
I registered to share my interest in the upcoming 8Y RS3. After finding a proper 3d generator it is possible to "almost" see the car 100% as it would, here is my config and I hope I can afford it once orders open up in the UK. Perhaps not to everyones liking but I have 2 immediate modifications to make it perfect.
To save cost I think I will go for the standard exhaust as the silver on black pops nicely with the alu design pack (and a cheaper exhaust mod via PCW makes sense), and the second is wrapping the silver around the windows (this does look a little terrible and a shame is the only option with alu pack)

here is my config and screen capture, but the full 360 3D view make it look spectacular so I think in real life it really will look spectacular.
Rs3c

Attachments

• rs3c.png
    rs3c.png
    509.1 KB · Views: 81
Reactions: Terminator x, Snake Pliskin, PeteRS3lee and 2 others
hello
I registered to share my interest in the upcoming 8Y RS3. After finding a proper 3d generator it is possible to "almost" see the car 100% as it would, here is my config and I hope I can afford it once orders open up in the UK. Perhaps not to everyones liking but I have 2 immediate modifications to make it perfect.
To save cost I think I will go for the standard exhaust as the silver on black pops nicely with the alu design pack (and a cheaper exhaust mod via PCW makes sense), and the second is wrapping the silver around the windows (this does look a little terrible and a shame is the only option with alu pack)

here is my config and screen capture, but the full 360 3D view make it look spectacular so I think in real life it really will look spectacular.
View attachment 240319
Not a fan of the Golf 8 R alloys

hello

View attachment 240319
The Standard Rs3 is the route I would go as I like the alu pack . I really hope there is more variety in paint colours than we currently know about .

That would put me in a good position if that was the case
£700..... go spec an Audi TTRS on the Audi site think they start around £56k this should give you a ballpark figure a TTRS has similar residuals to the RS3 etc etc

Reactions: Mr Freeze

Depends on prices but I do still fancy Sepang or
Not a fan of the Golf 8 R alloys

i think they really suit the RS3 and refreshing to have modern looking alloys ... & sure beat rotors which have been done to death.

Reactions: Jassyo06
The Standard Rs3 is the route I would go as I like the alu pack . I really hope there is more variety in paint colours than we currently know about .

there is a great colour choice ... but it will cost you £2.5k ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Freeze

Colours will be the same as on the German website expect to see loads of Muppet Green cars.....as the wannabe RS3 Millenials will be all over this colour like a rash

• Haha
i think they really suit the RS3 and refreshing to have modern looking alloys ... & sure beat rotors which have been done to death.
Your on a mission mate similar to yer AMG one you had so l aint going to say a word.....lol

Colours will be the same as on the German website expect to see loads of Muppet Green cars.....as the wannabe RS3 Millenials will be all over this colour like a rash
I'am a fan of the green to be honest after seeing it on the Rs Q3 . Muppet Green :laughing:

Your on a mission mate similar to yer AMG one you had so l aint going to say a word.....lol

don’t know what you mean - they are genuinely good looking alloys - I like them on the R and RS ... you’re just a grump looking for fault in everything lol :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
I'am a fan of the green to be honest after seeing it on the Rs Q3 . Muppet Green :laughing:

i think the green really suits it and the interior green contrast stitching looks equally cool ... just not a colour I’d pick personally.

don’t know what you mean - they are genuinely good looking alloys - I like them on the R and RS ... you’re just a grump looking for fault in everything lol :tearsofjoy:
Grump no.... just got better taste than you lol

• Haha
Seen Kermit on a RS3 Q3 sportback and on a TTS.....no thank you it's far too lairy
It does look damn good

F3565CA3 74EB 46D9 8CAA 99FEDAA1E1DA

& check out the width of those front wheel arches

Reactions: CarterRS, NevMan and RS3ree
£700..... go spec an Audi TTRS on the Audi site think they start around £56k this should give you a ballpark figure a TTRS has similar residuals to the RS3 etc etc

I was gonna say maybe more like £7-800 p/m with £8k deposit

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Snake Pliskin
just pay cash
no interest or monthly

just me then
i will be broke after this though,nearly

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan, Add_Profile and Snake Pliskin

If you are going with the Alu pack the standard wheels look better IMO and would probably look even better in the flesh than the config, they just look a bit more difficult to keep clean which puts me off them

Ha ha, if there was Titanium Rotors on offer for the RS3, I think I would have already been down to Audi to pay the full £50k. I do like the Titanium Rotor (maybe I should get a 8V. Instead)

My initial view of the 10spoke alloys was it was terrible, I like a simpler, cleaner look. Also a wheel that is easy to clean. I was even looking at Audi Sport alloys to buy but £3k seems rather steep, maybe I can live to love all three options.

So I might be able to get around to liking those alloys after all. Yes they will probably go quite well with Aluminium Trim. So I think we have a good idea what the base RS3 will look like.