Phone and Bluetooth only 'Half' connected

Andru8

Reaction score
I have paired my HTC One M8 with my RSNE unit. I can see the names on the dash info display when I press the mode button on the steering wheel. When I go into the phone menu via the head unit it says no numbers in address book. Is there anything I have done wrong or is it just the way the Bluetooth connection works.

It's very annoying as I'd rather see the names and numbers on the main colour screen than the small screen on the dash.

Thanks

My old android phone used to prompt to say the head unit wanted permission to access the phone book, New phone doesn't and won't sync the addresses. Guess it's a Bluetooth driver issue on the phone.

Thanks for that,I'll look into it. In the meantime I'll downgrade from Lollipop back to 4.4.4 to see if that fixes the problem.

on my iphone in the bluetooth menu and then for the Audi UHV, there are options within the Audi connection to Sync contacts, show recents, show favourites. There may be similar options for your bluetooth within the phone menus

My car is now back in the Audi dealership after a week to have the wheels refurbished as part of the deal.

I have asked them to look at this problem,it's not very good of Audi not to update the units to newer Bluetooth software that comes out. I'll be very disappointed if this cannot be solved,what the point of syncing the phone if you can't see the contacts where you are supposed to,on the main screen.