Rejection?

Exact same as me. 11 hour days, 13 hour nights. Great having practically 6 days off

13 hour nights, that’s a long one to have regularly. I’ve done a few 13 hours, one 15 hour night shift. Best I’ve done to date was a 19 hour shift, all 19 hours were overtime at time and a half rate, so wasn’t too bothered ;)

Reactions: James.B8
Then theres me boring average joe monday - friday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn’t do that myself, 2 days off is a killer haha! At the moment I seem to be working 6x 12 hour shifts and 2 off, out of 8 days.. tiring.

Reactions: David McQueen
13 hour nights, that’s a long one to have regularly. I’ve done a few 13 hours, one 15 hour night shift. Best I’ve done to date was a 19 hour shift, all 19 hours were overtime at time and a half rate, so wasn’t too bothered ;)
Yeah just think of the money ;) got to pay for these cars somehow.
Being the private sector fire service it’s not too bad. Quite laid back night shifts

I couldn’t do that myself, 2 days off is a killer haha! At the moment I seem to be working 6x 12 hour shifts and 2 off, out of 8 days.. tiring.

All a have ever been used to so dont mind it, work to a price aswell so start at 8 and usually home by 2/3 each day so cant grumble too much lol

Reactions: Jcbmally and AudiNutta

Think of the Rs will be worth it !

Reactions: AudiNutta

Longest I ever done was a 24hr shift. Like my hours now, love the days off during the week as well, get things done while everyone else is at work.

Reactions: Jcbmally, James.B8, AudiNutta and 1 other person
Longest I ever done was a 24hr shift. Like my hours now, love the days off during the week as well, get things done while everyone else is at work.

Same here, prefer to be off when the girlfriend is working etc... more peaceful :lmfao:

Reactions: Jcbmally, Djs3saloon, David McQueen and 2 others
Well I’m part time (retained) local authority fire service and my full time job is whole time fire fighter for a power station :)

Ah I see, cool. Are there really that many fires to require an on-site fire service? :blink:

Hi @AudiNutta, I am glad you have got this all sorted and you are getting excited (or should be ! ! ) waiting on the RS arriving .
What have you got planned for preparing the new car for winter ?(If you stated what I missed it ! !)Detailer or self .
I cant wait for the photos .
Do you have a confirmed date yet ?

Ah I see, cool. Are there really that many fires to require an on-site fire service? :blink:
It’s more of the “what could happen” that requires us and the immediate response. But also we do medical for the onsite builders and staff. Cover the local area as well in the immediate area for things such as road traffic collisions :)
Also do rope rescue and confined space for the tower cranes and tunnels

Reactions: KenL, AudiNutta, MattSedg and 1 other person
Hi @AudiNutta, I am glad you have got this all sorted and you are getting excited (or should be ! ! ) waiting on the RS arriving .
What have you got planned for preparing the new car for winter ?(If you stated what I missed it ! !)Detailer or self .
I cant wait for the photos .
Do you have a confirmed date yet ?

I am glad too, a huge relief and really has allowed me to look forward to the RS. Not knowing if the S3 was going to be done was giving me sleepless nights with it all.

The RS will be going to my detailer to have a full car protection using Gyeon Durabead. I am having XPEL Paint Protection Film applied to the bumper, bonnet and wings to stop any stone chips. The car won’t be used in bad weather, I live so close to work there is no need to use the car and it doesn’t go far or fast enough to get dirty even when I do use it. But unfortunately planning on keeping it a summers day car, means it probably won’t get much use for a few months :’( The car is being transported to the detailer, so it won’t have hardly turned a wheel before it gets the film.

Yes I am excited to see it, I still can’t believe it’s actually happening and I don’t think I will believe it until I shut it up in the garage the first time it’s Home. An RS has always been the unachievable dream for me.

The confirmed build date is 16th October, the car has gone into Preparation now and the dealer emailed me today saying they expect it to be completed within 2 and a half weeks!!! That means hopefully it is just 4-5 weeks before I see it!!!

Reactions: Satory
It’s more of the “what could happen” that requires us and the immediate response. But also we do medical for the onsite builders and staff. Cover the local area as well in the immediate area for things such as road traffic collisions :)
Also do rope rescue and confined space for the tower cranes and tunnels

Oh wow that’s great! Sounds like a good job with a vast array of possibilities. I don’t think I could attend things like serious collisions, where fatalities are involved. As far as rope rescue, I climb my way up the silo’s in work and that’s enough for me... my legs are like jelly by the time I get to the top, hate it. I don’t mind the height at all, it’s the ladders I don’t like haha.

Oh wow that’s great! Sounds like a good job with a vast array of possibilities. I don’t think I could attend things like serious collisions, where fatalities are involved. As far as rope rescue, I climb my way up the silo’s in work and that’s enough for me... my legs are like jelly by the time I get to the top, hate it. I don’t mind the height at all, it’s the ladders I don’t like haha.
Yeah get a lot of diversity and it’s very rewarding. Love doing the retained as well as I still get a vast array of experience from that. Good adrenaline rush going to massive fires and stuff haha.
Yeah makes you appreciate how dangerous cars are and to respect them and when to and not to have a bit of fun with the car.
Haha yeah heights can be scary but luckily I’m alright with them.
By the way (back on topic lol) can’t wait to see your Mica Blue RS detailed. Will look stunning. Probably one of my favourite ever Audi colours

Yeah get a lot of diversity and it’s very rewarding. Love doing the retained as well as I still get a vast array of experience from that. Good adrenaline rush going to massive fires and stuff haha.
Yeah makes you appreciate how dangerous cars are and to respect them and when to and not to have a bit of fun with the car.
Haha yeah heights can be scary but luckily I’m alright with them.
By the way (back on topic lol) can’t wait to see your Mica Blue RS detailed. Will look stunning. Probably one of my favourite ever Audi colours

Sounds like a great job, but... you don’t get paid enough for it!

We have gone a bit off topic, but I’m not bothered because it’s pulled this thread out of the negativity of my poor S3.

I’m really hoping the RS will look right, I’m so nervous about the colour. I have seen a PFL in it, I fell in love the moment I saw it roll past me in the car park. Picking this colour has been one of the most difficult situations of my life, really... haha. When it’s a pre-built car in a showroom it’s easy, because you either do or don’t like the colour. When you are choosing the destiny of a car, absolute nightmare :lmfao:

So yes, fingers crossed it works on the car and I have the satisfaction of knowing I will probably never, ever see another one on the road. I still can’t believe that one day soon I’m going to be driving to Audi to see a car I’ve decided how it has been built that I get to take delivery of, what?! It makes it more exciting that I’ve never seen one before, had I ordered a Nardo RS3.. I’ve already seen one.

Reactions: James.B8
I am glad too, a huge relief and really has allowed me to look forward to the RS. Not knowing if the S3 was going to be done was giving me sleepless nights with it all.

The RS will be going to my detailer to have a full car protection using Gyeon Durabead. I am having XPEL Paint Protection Film applied to the bumper, bonnet and wings to stop any stone chips. The car won’t be used in bad weather, I live so close to work there is no need to use the car and it doesn’t go far or fast enough to get dirty even when I do use it. But unfortunately planning on keeping it a summers day car, means it probably won’t get much use for a few months :’( The car is being transported to the detailer, so it won’t have hardly turned a wheel before it gets the film.

Yes I am excited to see it, I still can’t believe it’s actually happening and I don’t think I will believe it until I shut it up in the garage the first time it’s Home. An RS has always been the unachievable dream for me.

The confirmed build date is 16th October, the car has gone into Preparation now and the dealer emailed me today saying they expect it to be completed within 2 and a half weeks!!! That means hopefully it is just 4-5 weeks before I see it!!!

Pleased to hear a happy ending. Made up for you.

It's great to have a special car tucked away in the garage for nice days. Don't forget to get a good trickle charger on it; it'll ensure your battery lasts years longer.

Pleased to hear a happy ending. Made up for you.

It's great to have a special car tucked away in the garage for nice days. Don't forget to get a good trickle charger on it; it'll ensure your battery lasts years longer.

Thank you!

That’s the thing, it’s going to kill me not driving it but at the same time when I do.. it is going to be absolutely fantastic, every single time I turn the key :racer:

Ah, one thing I hadn’t thought of! Occasionally my S3 will be a little slow to turn over after sitting for a few days, especially when it’s only been used locally beforehand.. I do think the tracker definitely places a considerable drain on the battery. I shall have to look into a good charger (do you have any in mind?) and find a neat way of plugging it in, so I dont have to have the boot open whenever it’s parked. I wonder if I can find a way to route it to the fuel filler flap, hmmmmm...... fuel for thought. :salute:

Sounds like a great job, but... you don’t get paid enough for it!

We have gone a bit off topic, but I’m not bothered because it’s pulled this thread out of the negativity of my poor S3.

I’m really hoping the RS will look right, I’m so nervous about the colour. I have seen a PFL in it, I fell in love the moment I saw it roll past me in the car park. Picking this colour has been one of the most difficult situations of my life, really... haha. When it’s a pre-built car in a showroom it’s easy, because you either do or don’t like the colour. When you are choosing the destiny of a car, absolute nightmare :lmfao:

So yes, fingers crossed it works on the car and I have the satisfaction of knowing I will probably never, ever see another one on the road. I still can’t believe that one day soon I’m going to be driving to Audi to see a car I’ve decided how it has been built that I get to take delivery of, what?! It makes it more exciting that I’ve never seen one before, had I ordered a Nardo RS3.. I’ve already seen one.
Haha yeah would be nice to get more but the private sector pays much better than the government ;)

Yeah at least that’s sorted now mate.
Tbh I don’t think you can go wrong with that colour. Think it will look stunning on any car especially an RS3. You’ll love it.
I’d of personally gone with mystic blue but then again I would say that...;) I do love the exclusive purples Audi do as well.

Can’t wait to see pics

Haha yeah would be nice to get more but the private sector pays much better than the government ;)

Yeah at least that’s sorted now mate.
Tbh I don’t think you can go wrong with that colour. Think it will look stunning on any car especially an RS3. You’ll love it.
I’d of personally gone with mystic blue but then again I would say that...;) I do love the exclusive purples Audi do as well.

Can’t wait to see pics

It’s the way it goes purple that leaves me unsure, I love it under normal conditions but in some really rubbish lights it goes to a full on flat purple from what I’ve seen. My parents aren’t sold on it, but the way I see it.. I’ve built that car, it will be like having a child.. how could you think your child is ugly? I’m hoping that will be the case anyway ;) Strange logic, but should be accurate.

I’ve just had to search Mystic Blue :flushed: I came across a Mystic Blue RS4 Avant, that is a trouser accident worthy combination :whistle2:

It’s the way it goes purple that leaves me unsure, I love it under normal conditions but in some really rubbish lights it goes to a full on flat purple from what I’ve seen. My parents aren’t sold on it, but the way I see it.. I’ve built that car, it will be like having a child.. how could you think your child is ugly? I’m hoping that will be the case anyway ;) Strange logic, but should be accurate.

I’ve just had to search Mystic Blue :flushed: I came across a Mystic Blue RS4 Avant, that is a trouser accident worthy combination :whistle2:
I’m sure it will be fine. Always appreciate a colour more when you live with it and see it under all different lights.

Yeah there’s an RS6 on instagram which is stunning. Definitely suits the larger shape of the avant.
D885BA8B BAB3 4975 A8FB 04685DD937EF
DA8B7A81 F1A8 46A1 B1B4 1C6E5220C695

Thank you!

That’s the thing, it’s going to kill me not driving it but at the same time when I do.. it is going to be absolutely fantastic, every single time I turn the key :racer:

Ah, one thing I hadn’t thought of! Occasionally my S3 will be a little slow to turn over after sitting for a few days, especially when it’s only been used locally beforehand.. I do think the tracker definitely places a considerable drain on the battery. I shall have to look into a good charger (do you have any in mind?) and find a neat way of plugging it in, so I dont have to have the boot open whenever it’s parked. I wonder if I can find a way to route it to the fuel filler flap, hmmmmm...... fuel for thought. :salute:

Nowadays I use CTEK MXS 5 which I am very pleased with. I have both battery terminal and cigarette lighter socket connections but tend to use the latter with the lead exiting a slightly open window. (For longer durations in storage I prefer to keep some fresh air circulating in the car anyway). On Audi A3 derivatives you will likely have to move a fuse to keep the cigarette sockets live; it is the one with three socket holes so it can be moved up half a row.

Reactions: glospete and AudiNutta
Hey kid glad you got the Nano jonah S3 repaired, l also was out of order on my post and for that l apologies, all the best selling it on
Mad Jassy lol

Reactions: Jcbmally
Jas
Just a polite request.
Can you stop calling everyone Kid ? To a lot of people it's pretty offensive and not in the spirit of the forum.
cheers

Reactions: KenL
Jas
Just a polite request.
Can you stop calling everyone Kid ? To a lot of people it's pretty offensive and not in the spirit of the forum.
cheers

As in....... Lol

Indy3 1

Reactions: The Kendragon, Jcbmally, Flying Scotsman and 4 others
Nowadays I use CTEK MXS 5 which I am very pleased with. I have both battery terminal and cigarette lighter socket connections but tend to use the latter with the lead exiting a slightly open window. (For longer durations in storage I prefer to keep some fresh air circulating in the car anyway). On Audi A3 derivatives you will likely have to move a fuse to keep the cigarette sockets live; it is the one with three socket holes so it can be moved up half a row.

Thank you very much.

Reactions: Djs3saloon
Hey kid glad you got the Nano jonah S3 repaired, l also was out of order on my post and for that l apologies, all the best selling it on
Mad Jassy lol

I’m glad it’s done too, relief.

No worries at all, can’t waig to see the ‘Voodoo Pup’.

Reactions: KenL, Djs3saloon, TYb and 1 other person
I’m glad it’s done too, relief.

No worries at all, can’t waig to see the ‘Voodoo Pup’.
If there are any further issues mate brick on the accelator and off a mountain is the only option......

Reactions: AudiNutta, Djs3saloon and Tom.H
Well I’ve driven it for a short while today and given it a good clean, taking it up to Audi tomorrow to battle to a good PX price.

My fears are confined, I’ve lost heart in this car :blownose:
When I took the car out on a test on Sunday I was gone for over an hour, half hour in I regretted the long run and wanted to get back.. I’m never like that, jump at any opportunity to drive anywhere and in anything.
I still love the car, I feel terrible for it.. poor car :crying:But, I can’t put my finger on it but the car feels different now and it breaks my heart to admit it (this is where cars mean more to me than some people on here and where people will laugh). The first time I picked it up after 3 weeks I was over the moon, the second time after 2 weeks I couldn’t wait. When I went to test the car a week ago I was excited to pick it up and then the fault was still there, I think that was the last straw for me driving home upset.
As much as I love the car, I think it’s caused too much heartbreak and I think I’m lucky it’s going (it really does devastate me to think this). The car is parked up in the garage, used the girlfriends Corsa tonight instead.. I can’t face it, absolutely horrible feeling. Too much upset and too many tears gone into this one, looking on to the RS now.

The centre box went back on today, my god the car is silent.. I couldn’t drive one like that now, they definitely all need the boxes out. The only thing left to come out now is my Dashcam, seems pointless taking this out until the last minute as it’s only safeguarding me.

You have had the 3 bouts of bad luck and now you can deal with getting the best price on your S3 and look forward to the RS3. When you have moment, just go back in your mind to the trials and tribulations you have had and learn from the experiences both good and bad, as life is a journey of discovery of human nature, yours and others.

Reactions: richinsoton and AudiNutta
You have had the 3 bouts of bad luck and now you can deal with getting the best price on your S3 and look forward to the RS3. When you have moment, just go back in your mind to the trials and tribulations you have had and learn from the experiences both good and bad, as life is a journey of discovery of human nature, yours and others.

I hope so, I always believe in things coming in 3’s and history has proven that for me. I never have luck with cars, but I’m going to make sure I enjoy the RS and fingers crossed I will never be in this situation again.
I’ve definitely learnt through dealing with the issues along the way, it’s a shame the S3 goes with me having lost love for it so close to the end but that’s the way it is. Onto bigger and better things....

Well I’ve driven it for a short while today and given it a good clean, taking it up to Audi tomorrow to battle to a good PX price.

My fears are confined, I’ve lost heart in this car :blownose:
When I took the car out on a test on Sunday I was gone for over an hour, half hour in I regretted the long run and wanted to get back.. I’m never like that, jump at any opportunity to drive anywhere and in anything.
I still love the car, I feel terrible for it.. poor car :crying:But, I can’t put my finger on it but the car feels different now and it breaks my heart to admit it (this is where cars mean more to me than some people on here and where people will laugh). The first time I picked it up after 3 weeks I was over the moon, the second time after 2 weeks I couldn’t wait. When I went to test the car a week ago I was excited to pick it up and then the fault was still there, I think that was the last straw for me driving home upset.
As much as I love the car, I think it’s caused too much heartbreak and I think I’m lucky it’s going (it really does devastate me to think this). The car is parked up in the garage, used the girlfriends Corsa tonight instead.. I can’t face it, absolutely horrible feeling. Too much upset and too many tears gone into this one, looking on to the RS now.

The centre box went back on today, my god the car is silent.. I couldn’t drive one like that now, they definitely all need the boxes out. The only thing left to come out now is my Dashcam, seems pointless taking this out until the last minute as it’s only safeguarding me.

I can see where your coming from - having a car myself with a number of previous faults I lost interest in it. Once you know the dealer has had to meddle in it and fix things you lose confidence in the car, worry to push it in case something breaks - it just doesn’t feel the same at all. My last car I ran up to 60k miles in 3 1/2 years and it never put a foot wrong, was never faulty, never break down - it was a great car and I miss it now!! It was sad when I saw it up for sale at the dealers.

I think people expect too much from the big brands today, more expensive does not mean more reliable in fact it probably means more complicated and less reliable. My S3 has just had a £4600 new diff at 50k miles out of warranty and paid for by me , Audi couldn't care less. when i first took it back tot he main dealer i couldn't get into the carpark as the owner of a new A5 had blocked the entrance in protest at the continued break down of his £40k new car.

Reactions: richinsoton and David McQueen
I can see where your coming from - having a car myself with a number of previous faults I lost interest in it. Once you know the dealer has had to meddle in it and fix things you lose confidence in the car, worry to push it in case something breaks - it just doesn’t feel the same at all. My last car I ran up to 60k miles in 3 1/2 years and it never put a foot wrong, was never faulty, never break down - it was a great car and I miss it now!! It was sad when I saw it up for sale at the dealers.

I never thought I’d lose heart in this car but I have, such a shame. I’m definitely nursing the car now into letting it go next week. I’m sat at Audi now to try and push for a good PX price, but I hold out little hope.

Your attitude to cars will change as you get older mate.....yer a bit too Mills & Boon about them...lol

Reactions: richinsoton, BigBill, DrEskimo and 1 other person
I think people expect too much from the big brands today, more expensive does not mean more reliable in fact it probably means more complicated and less reliable. My S3 has just had a £4600 new diff at 50k miles out of warranty and paid for by me , Audi couldn't care less. when i first took it back tot he main dealer i couldn't get into the carpark as the owner of a new A5 had blocked the entrance in protest at the continued break down of his £40k new car.
Either that type of protest is more common than I would like to think, or your dealer is in the grand city of Chelmsford?
I'm seriously thinking as much as I like it, my car will be moved on before it's warrenty expires because bills like that are not funny at all!

Reactions: richinsoton
Sorry to say i was told by the service manager at Guildford Audi years ago after i had another £5k bill for a stretched Timing chain on a 3.2.. Never Never keep an audi out of warranty. I didn't listen and now its cost me again with this S3.
The only thing i would say is i don't think any other makes are any better. Bentley are a joke :)

Even though I've never had a big repair bill I do not plan in keeping a car beyond warranty these days.