Remap and warranty

Deep penetrator

Reaction score
so I’ve mentioned on a few threads that my Revo Stage1 RS3 that’s 6 months old the Air con packed up over a week ago and it had to go in to the dealership today for the investigation etc.
I did have the car flashed back to OEM power levels and I just want to put some minds at ease that even thoe the cars ECU was interrogated for the fault etc it’s been repaired and all sorted with no issue or mentions of TD1 flag.
Obviously if it was a more engine/drivetrain related issue it may of popped up but I just thought that I would pass on this experience to ease a few minds about Remapping and warranty. Cheers gents.

Reactions: Kristijan Sabljar, FBF01, E15 and 3 others
You must have been sweating this last week :tearsofjoy:

TX.

Reactions: Callump01
When I had Revo on my last RS3, I just used to put to stock on sps.
Had engine management work done under warranty, charcoal canister and purge valve and never had anything said.
Must admit I did feel a bit uneasy at the time

Reactions: NevMan and Deep penetrator
Ahh man all this after market stuff is cool but when things go wrong it makes you think was in worth it

Reactions: Deep penetrator
Tbf you rarely hear of blown engines, still makes me nervous though hence never done any engine work. Modded the brakes, rear ARB etc though and Audi have never seemed that bothered.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

yah Terminator You would defo be more nervous if you had played with the engine and it was a so called HOONIGAN ford focus RS

You would be shitting bricks as those come out the factory with a Siriyan with a ticking time bomb under the bonnet :scared2:

Reactions: Deep penetrator and Terminator x
yah Terminator You would defo be more nervous if you had played with the engine and it was a so called HOONIGAN ford focus RS

You would be shitting bricks as those come out the factory with a Siriyan with a ticking time bomb under the bonnet :scared2:

Ohh don’t talk about Focus RS’s haha... there’s a good few of us on here that escaped quickly before they want bang... mine was pushing 400 and probably a good bit more, a list of mods a mile long, and then came the whole engine saga!

Reactions: jimojameso
How do you know if you have a TD1 flag on your record. Would they tell you when it is flagged or would it just be brought up if making a warranty claim on engine /drivetrain.

Not so much sweating as what will be will be, the only reason I was apprehensive was because I’ve not had the best relationship with my local dealership and that’s being very modest about it lol
sweating more from lack of aircon, as opposed TD1 flag lol

Reactions: Bells and Deep penetrator
How do you know if you have a TD1 flag on your record. Would they tell you when it is flagged or would it just be brought up if making a warranty claim on engine /drivetrain.

Good question, I would like to think that they would ask you for a chat and quiz you whether you’ve “had anything done” etc

Ohh don’t talk about Focus RS’s haha... there’s a good few of us on here that escaped quickly before they want bang... mine was pushing 400 and probably a good bit more, a list of mods a mile long, and then came the whole engine saga!
lucky you got out that one buddy But wy wood you go down that mk3 rs road when the mk2 was and is the much better car

Did love that Fake boost gauge on top of dash on the mk3 though :rockwoot:

lucky you got out that one buddy But wy wood you go down that mk3 rs road when the mk2 was and is the much better car

Did love that Fake boost gauge on top of dash on the mk3 though :rockwoot:

I had a mk2 in ultimate green when they first came out, that also what running around 400bhp and a load of Mountune goodies and never missed a beat in 3 years haha

I wasnt too much of a fan of the mk3 when the first press shots came out... then it all of a sudden grew on me and I placed an order... to be honest the car is one awesome machine, when the engine isn’t giving up haha and the amount of mods out there for them is all part of the fun too

19836445 D9A6 4C66 B7BB 6189FCF1576F

8CA4FA61 9A2B 41AD A4FB 1C974D565E21

Reactions: jungle650, Callum66 and jonnyj
I had a mk2 in ultimate green when they first came out, that also what running around 400bhp and a load of Mountune goodies and never missed a beat in 3 years haha

I wasnt too much of a fan of the mk3 when the first press shots came out... then it all of a sudden grew on me and I placed an order... to be honest the car is one awesome machine, when the engine isn’t giving up haha and the amount of mods out there for them is all part of the fun too

View attachment 161298

View attachment 161299
I had a green mk2 with the 375bhp MT pack and was so fun and that 5 cylinder sounds nuts Got to be still the best looking hatch

How fast was the tuned mk3 to your audi rs3

Reactions: Phil3
I had a green mk2 with the 375bhp MT pack and was so fun and that 5 cylinder sounds nuts Got to be still the best looking hatch

How fast was the tuned mk3 to your audi rs3

The RS3 is probably the quicker car, but they both feel very different to drive and gain speed, the auto box obviously helps a lot here too

I think a tuned car running 400 compared to a standard car running 400, the tuned one is always going to feel like it’s got more of a punch when you hammer the accelerater to the floor just because it been more finding tweaked... so this brought the Focus close to the RS3. I think handling wise the Focus has it, they feel like they’re on rails... that said the RS3 isn’t too shabby handle wise either

Reactions: Callum66