RS3 sounds or similar out of an S3?

lakers1234

Reaction score
Hi guys

What’s the cheapest and easiest way to make an s3 sound similar to an rs3 . In terms of DSG pops and bangs and just general deeper acceleration noise?

It’s a completely standard pre facelift s3 dsg 300bhp. The guy who owns it has already opened the valves on VCDS which has made some difference but he wants it louder, but not tacky loud like the Corsa boy racer cars you see.

Someone suggested him to take one of the boxes off the exhaust ?

I’m not into exhausts mods etc so I thought I’d ask those who will know.

He has a very tight budget so he’s not looking to buy milteks etc

Thank you

It really won't. Ex RS3 owner here and wife owns a S3.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: FBF01
Remove the resonator...BCS make a resonator delete pipe
Not for everyone but the cheapest mod for what you desire and no it will not sound like an RS3...4 cylinders versus 5.

Reactions: lakers1234
Yep resonator delete pipe and valves open sounds pretty awesome for not much money. I have that. Not sure if it rivals an RS3 but heads will turn if you stick it in S and put your foot down!

Exhaust on mine is completely stock but had a stage 2 remap due to other mods and that deepens the exhaust note and makes it louder. Its certainly loud enough for me on full throttle.

Be warned of drone though with valves open (even with the BCS anti-drone pipe, which I have) when cruising at high speeds

Reactions: lakers1234 and Damo S
See if f you can fit another cylinder in the head:tearsofjoy:

Reactions: FBF01 and jimojameso
Mine is switched off, the sound from outside now sounds better than the fake sound!