RS3 v Tesla 3 Performance

got to have a bit of a wind up.

It’ll prepare me for the I’ll get when I buy one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can assure you of BIG TIME $h@£ coming your way :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and 8YARWY
wife has ordered one - deep blue exterior & black interior.

I think the fact you need a 2nd drive suggests you are not 100% sure so just be certain it is the car for you mate & it’s not just the mega acceleration & short lead time that’s pulling you in.

That said I doubt you’d lose too much on it if you did chop it in when the RS3 mica arrives if you then did decide to keep the RS3 & ditch the Eveready ;)
I think a Tesla is that different from any car that most of us are used to that a second demo is probably the way to go, more so if your a bit of a petrol head anyway (which we all must be to be on here) for wifey to have one and trundle to shops/work/mates etc I imagine the single demo drive would do it, but when it's going to be one of your hobbies for the foreseable future it's a bigger decision

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and 8YARWY
I think a Tesla is that different from any car that most of us are used to that a second demo is probably the way to go, more so if your a bit of a petrol head anyway (which we all must be to be on here) for wifey to have one and trundle to shops/work/mates etc I imagine the single demo drive would do it, but when it's going to be one of your hobbies for the foreseable future it's a bigger decision

company car for the wife so it’s mainly driven by tax reasons ... but she liked it and I gave it the seal of approval too.
Although she did comment on my RS3 today saying it does incredible & loves the colour ... so I’d say she has great taste, but that goes without saying with me as her better half :whistle2:

Reactions: Mike.46
I do wonder if the Govt will latch on that 'some' of these EV's are extremely quick and start a 'hp' or 'performance tax' I mean they probably really dont want us driving around in 500hp EV's, their vision will be more Nissan I've lost the will to live Leaf

Reactions: 8YARWY, NevMan and Snake Pliskin
I do wonder if the Govt will latch on that 'some' of these EV's are extremely quick and start a 'hp' or 'performance tax' I mean they probably really dont want us driving around in 500hp EV's, their vision will be more Nissan I've lost the will to live Leaf

As they lose tax revenue on ICE cars in lieu of those who get an EV, it won’t be long before we see EV taxes increased for sure.

Reactions: 8YARWY and NevMan
As they lose tax revenue on ICE cars in lieu of those who get an EV, it won’t be long before we see EV taxes increased for sure.
More reason to jump into one now to make the most of it if you can. My accountant actively encouraged me to get into one.

It'll be a long time until you can get into a car that fast for so little again.

Reactions: NevMan, 8YARWY, Mike.46 and 1 other person
More reason to jump into one now to make the most of it if you can. My accountant actively encouraged me to get into one.

It'll be a long time until you can get into a car that fast for so little again.

I was talking to the guy near me who bought one at Christmas. He reckons we are in the sweet spot currently regarding EV’s in that there’s not currently a massive uptake, so charging points / cost to charge / no tax to pay etc are very good incentives, however in the coming years as more people get into EV’s then that could well change, as Petrol/Diesel revenue drops, EV’s will have to make up the shortfall.

Reactions: NevMan
I was talking to the guy near me who bought one at Christmas. He reckons we are in the sweet spot currently regarding EV’s in that there’s not currently a massive uptake, so charging points / cost to charge / no tax to pay etc are very good incentives, however in the coming years as more people get into EV’s then that could well change, as Petrol/Diesel revenue drops, EV’s will have to make up the shortfall.

Huge Furlough bill to pay so taxes will be hammered that is for sure, including EV's once the timing suits the Government.

Reactions: NevMan and 8YARWY

Yes but how will they do it? I would think they will clobber the more expensive and faster versions first, the 'over £40k' or similar to try and force you to buy ID3's, Nissan Leaf's and the like and sit behind the local spandex brigade cyling down the middle of the road at 15mph

Reactions: NevMan, 8YARWY and Snake Pliskin
Huge Furlough bill to pay so taxes will be hammered that is for sure, including EV's once the timing suits the Government.
Where have we seen this before - incentives to change car, hammer said people once enough have moved over ...

#dieselgate

TX.

Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin
Well second test drive done……

Reactions: FBF01, NevMan, Mr Freeze and 1 other person
Reactions: NevMan, Mr Freeze, Terminator x and 2 others
So you picking up on 1st March then lol ? :grimacing: :tearsofjoy:

I still think it’s a great car. Looks really good in the grey with matt black wheels / red calipers.

Was checking paint finish / panel gaps etc more on this visit, have to say bar the usual orange peel you get on most cars now there’s nothing untoward about it.

I do have a concern about the screen font / menu operation, it’s something that needs setting up before you actually drive it, as delving into it while driving is too distracting.

I did use the voice control this time and found that to understand pretty much everything I threw at it.

Reactions: NevMan, Mr Freeze and Snake Pliskin
I still think it’s a great car. Looks really good in the grey with matt black wheels / red calipers.

Was checking paint finish / panel gaps etc more on this visit, have to say bar the usual orange peel you get on most cars now there’s nothing untoward about it.

I do have a concern about the screen font / menu operation, it’s something that needs setting up before you actually drive it, as delving into it while driving is too distracting.

I did use the voice control this time and found that to understand pretty much everything I threw at it.

I found the same regarding the screen, I needed my reading glasses balanced on the end of my nose to see anything on the screen and then looking over them to drive, not ideal but maybe just because it was all 'different' and new? I thought that I would need to just play around with the screen for some time whilst parked up

I found the same regarding the screen, I needed my reading glasses balanced on the end of my nose to see anything on the screen and then looking over them to drive, not ideal but maybe just because it was all 'different' and new? I thought that I would need to just play around with the screen for some time whilst parked up

We discussed it on the way home.

In the RS3 8V / Golf 7 the only real time we changed anything while on the move is the heating and both are round knob operated, which can be done with minimal eyes off the road.
The speedo I was fine with and no issues seeing it in my field of vision.
However touch screens only serve to distract the driver in whatever car they are fitted too.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin and Mike.46
The touchscreen is the only thing I really don’t like about the car, as you say it’s too distracting and I honestly found it impossible to use whilst on the move - even something as basic as finding the correct radio station was a challenge

Yes you can use voice control but I find talking to a car a bit odd

We discussed it on the way home.

In the RS3 8V / Golf 7 the only real time we changed anything while on the move is the heating and both are round knob operated, which can be done with minimal eyes off the road.
The speedo I was fine with and no issues seeing it in my field of vision.
However touch screens only serve to distract the driver in whatever car they are fitted too.

I find in golf I will change temps (Wifey turns it down, I turn it back up) I also have to switch from George Michael to anything else and the odd time the ESC to Sport or Off, On the Tesla there are different 'track' modes within the performance models screen, I never visited those, I wonder if you could hire one for a weekend and see how life with one would be?

There’s not a whole lot I don’t like about it.

So what’s the final verdict then

you gonna make Elon even richer lol ?

Reactions: NevMan, Jassyo06, Mr Freeze and 1 other person
They dont paint any TESLA in this colour....As Jim Bowen said "LOOK WHAT YOU COULD OF WON" lol

• Haha
Reactions: Garrett 69, NevMan, Mr Freeze and 2 others
This as been up for a couple of weeks and at 57k I think it will be there a while longer
Finest example of one the last 8v's made mate and yeah about £8k overpriced

Reactions: NevMan, Mr Freeze and Snake Pliskin
So ATM we are now getting the Tesla Wrapped in Mica plus a Milltek Dolby Atmos surround sound system.......Car forums...eh Ye just coudny write the script ......lol

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan, Mr Freeze, 8YARWY and 1 other person
So ATM we are now getting the Tesla Wrapped in Mica plus a Milltek Dolby Atmos surround sound system.......Car forums...eh Ye just coudny write the script ......lol

now THAT made me howl with laughter
Dolby atmos surround sound for the Tesla ... Brilliant :tearsofjoy:

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan, Mr Freeze, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Oh *** ... part of me worries you are serious as you must have searched that out lol :tearsofjoy:

I actually came across it on a YT video with Archie Pratt face.

Was such a weird thing to see.
Safe to say if I wanted that I’d buy the RS3

Weirdly enough I’ll still have an order in for an RS3 anyway

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan, Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person

Lol nah just boring Tesla (Daytona ) Grey mate……

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan, Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
It’s a sign.

Program on ITV now.

She’s driving a Tesla and discussing the smart motorways with a guy called……..
d7a073609fba70496a5c31ad04df664b.jpg

3ed3164651ef646e547106e820c27928.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Southall87, NevMan, Mr Freeze and 2 others
Lol nah just boring Tesla (Daytona ) Grey mate……

not proper Daytona Pearl mate ;)

audi Daytona different class :)

Reactions: 8YARWY
This as been up for a couple of weeks and at 57k I think it will be there a while longer

There’s no amount of ‘prep’ that could make that worth 57k

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Freeze and Snake Pliskin
Save the planet .... :tearsofjoy:

• Haha
Reactions: DW81, NevMan, Mr Freeze and 1 other person