RS3 vs M2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'know, I just love ALL cars, period. Each and everyone of 'em made is a tad different and all can/will do something better and worse than the other.

We've 3-Audi's, an RS3 (quattro/7-speed DSG), a TT (quattro roadster, 6-speed DSG), and an A2 (90bhp 3-pot TDi/5-speed), and guess what, each and everyone of 'em's different. and we love 'em all because of their individualities.

So, on track, wet or dry, I'd take an M-beemer with its playfull backend every time but on our usually damp, cold, rain soaked roads we regularly experience here in the UK then my money pays out for an Audi, Audi, Audi; simples.

P1000526mod_zps0v05v56y.jpg

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and RGBARGEE
Sounds great imho although not quite as good as the rs3 ;) is it really a M Car though although I guess some may say the same about the rs3 and rs cars in general.

TX.

Definitely not after a job at BMW - and if you read what I've written I've not even made a comment about whether I like the car or think it's good.

Of course you are entitled to 'air your opinion in public'; that's precisely what a forum is for. What you aren't allowed to do is tell other people that their opinion is wrong, force your opinion down other people's throats, or tell them that their views are boring.

Back on topic, I think Audi should do with the RS3 what they've done with the S1, and have an 'exterior styling pack'. It seems a chunk of people like the anonymous look, and are happy for it to look as much as possible like a normal A3 - but equally there are people like myself who wouldn't buy an RS3 because it doesn't look aggressive / different enough. I think Audi is already ahead in terms of interior, and an optional pack would help things on the outside too.

Reactions: veeeight, GRE57Y and Ashbrummy
Definitely not after a job at BMW - and if you read what I've written I've not even made a comment about whether I like the car or think it's good.

Of course you are entitled to 'air your opinion in public'; that's precisely what a forum is for. What you aren't allowed to do is tell other people that their opinion is wrong, force your opinion down other people's throats, or tell them that their views are boring.

Back on topic, I think Audi should do with the RS3 what they've done with the S1, and have an 'exterior styling pack'. It seems a chunk of people like the anonymous look, and are happy for it to look as much as possible like a normal A3 - but equally there are people like myself who wouldn't buy an RS3 because it doesn't look aggressive / different enough. I think Audi is already ahead in terms of interior, and an optional pack would help things on the outside too.
Hi again....getting very touchy with other people's views chill man!!!!!
The Rs3 is a fantastic car how aggressive do you want a car??????
Looking forward to mine soon .

Reactions: RGBARGEE
What are those wheels on the final picture? I thought the 5 spokes from the other pictures were the only ones?

Where BMW definitely lose to Audi, in my experience, is customer service: I sent an e-mail several days ago to my local BMW dealer just asking for more information / for them to let me know when I can come and see one, and nobody has replied! They were shocking too when I was between the S1 and the M235i. On the other hand, my local Audi dealership can't seem to do enough to help me out.

Never a good sign when even the sales guys are poor - doesn't fill you with confidence for if/when there is a problem post-sale!

Is it Richard Lovett Bristol by any chance. Net Nanny will not let me post D1ck!

I found them awful. Never going there again even with £50k plus to spend!

It wasn't - I've actually tried both Cobham (Surrey) and Canary Wharf. When I enquired about an M235i (when I was looking at that or an S1), the dealer just sent a walkaround video of a 118d "because they're basically the same". Unbelievable!

Reactions: GRE57Y
The Bristol dealer is just awful shiny suited smarm and no help at all. Keen to rubbish Audi. Haven't been back since 2013 though .

Think it's more to do with individual dealers than the brand, had ****** service from Mercedes in giffnock Glasgow when I was looking to buy a cla45 before the rs3

I too thought Cobham BMW were poop. I went to have a look at a bmw there and parked my tt rs right outside the front door. They all saw me get out of it and come inside but none of the sales people could be ***** to help me. I thought sod this and now have a new Audi on order ha ha :)

Reactions: RMJ891, GRE57Y and billyali86
I too thought Cobham BMW were poop. I went to have a look at a bmw there and parked my tt rs right outside the front door. They all saw me get out of it and come inside but none of the sales people could be ***** to help me. I thought sod this and now have a new Audi on order ha ha :)

Same situation, first time was the tt rs, second time was a 7 series. They even saw me looking around the cla45 in the showroom and still ignored

Reactions: jimojameso
As you said mate i think that is just that particular dealer. The BMW Vines (redhill i think) my ex bought her car from were great. :)

If it were your only car M2 for sure

Rwd adds another dimension to your drive that I personally prefer over grip/pace

But, as much as I enjoy watching journos drifting rwd cars on YouTube, in reality that sort of thing on a track day will have you kicked out after the first turn

I tend to have 2 dailys to alternate between and get my rwd kicks out of an my16 f-type r, so naturally I went for an rs3 in this thread comparo

The rs3 on the street will destroy an m2 at the traffic light gp if that's what you're into. Add a tune and whereas the rs3 will get faster, the m2 with same tune will just get slower off the line

I'm glad bmw have built the m2, the proper successor to the e46, as the m3/4 is just a bloated mess and far too big and cumbersome to hustle along a B road now

M2 vs RS3
Wide vs No-Wide :laughing:

In some angles RS3 and A45 are going to look ridiculous next to the M2

qq66b4.png

so all you are interested in now you are getting an M2, is to come here and mock RS3's (ergo and their owners)????

time for you to move along and enjoy tyre changes or taking bends slowly, because believe it or not, how a car looks on the track no matter how your minds eye sees it, is not how you drive on UK roads - no where near! RS3 thank you.
(imagine i'll be seeing you taking paint off my rear bumper any time soon, passtime of any BMW driver)

Reactions: Rs1, T-800, Spaceman_RS3 and 3 others
M2 vs RS3
Wide vs No-Wide :laughing:

In some angles RS3 and A45 are going to look ridiculous next to the M2

qq66b4.png

Must be that blue these last pics of the M2 really make the front and rear bumpers look out of place.

For me it’s still the svelte RS3 over the more in your face stocky M2.

It’s like personal preference for a partner larger or smaller?.... obviously our friend asport prefers larger. :friendly wink:

Wonder why the m2 didn't get an M engine a S series I mean like all the other real M cars? Lot of money for a nearly car? What's your thoughts assport

There used to be a comedy programme called 'never mind the quality ..feel the width..' An apt heading... BMW quality is lacking but look how wide it is.. 'Wide boy'!

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
N55 is a nice engine I had one for over a year but it's not a s series equivalent.
Also the rs3 is actually wider arches than the normal a3 or indeed the s3.

I hoped the m2 would have some nice seats too and perhaps some nicer colours only in my view mind that blue is a real let down. The m2 was on my list but after the spec and options were revealed it just proved not worth it better with an m3...

Look forward too seeing the m2 in the flesh as a more normal photo doesn't seem to show the huge arches your pics do?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    619.1 KB · Views: 219
Just noticed is that the mirrors that's coming on m2 the normal 2 series ones or is that pre production and it's getting m ones?

N55 engine is great! 3.0L TwinPower Turbo inline 6 cylinder, with better performance and fuel consumption than RS 2.5T engine! More modern and boostable, so not much to criticize from a real "RS" with same width than A3 1.2 :whistle2:

IMG_2313.jpg
Phew glad the m2 has good fuel consumption that would have killed it for sure if it was heavy on the juice.

Have you had a n55 before?
Did you drive the rs3?

Just noticed is that the mirrors that's coming on m2 the normal 2 series ones or is that pre production and it's getting m ones?

Is the actual production mirrors :(

Is my biggest gripe with the car :( :(

Sakhir Orange like the M3/4 :)

Yea seen a new m5 in it a week ago and was pretty nice. Tanzanite blue And silver stone blue are favs too

Even the pics up a little as after all it is a comparison

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 206
Reactions: Rs1
It looks pretty cool all in black (I believe Jose has this), but on the others I think Audi needs to drop the rotors.

My order has ended up panther black with all black except if left the standard silver mirrors as I plan to fit the carbon ones

Reactions: RGBARGEE
Love bardo in this pic but every time is see in flesh not been impressed

The RS3 I saw in the flesh at a dealer was in nardo, and was covered in stone chips at the front. It's the colour I think I'd go for (as it's so different to other cars), but I hear it is very soft (and so high maintenance).

Have to say it sounded great as it pulled out, too - though not sure if it has dynamic pack.

My dealers was the same plus someone had reversed into within 4 hours of getting it. The Ali pack looks cack on nardo too Mibi black pack in the flesh would have swayed me.

The noise is epic and dealer one had standard exhaust

My order has ended up panther black with all black except if left the standard silver mirrors as I plan to fit the carbon ones

May do similar.. thought about Panther but it looks a bit brown in certain lights and wonderful in others. What finalised my Mythos choice was I heard several reports that paint match can be an issue with Crystal effect colours (original S3 Blue was deleted for that reason I'm told.)

Yea am going to xpel wrap the front and cross fingers I only do a few k a year and it's kept garages so hopefully stay nice.

There is a similar output and torque RS3 8V graph for comparison?

attachment.php

28823f9d30d0ecbdd34509a54755f6df-jpg.244840

Reactions: 45bvtc
I was at the dealers today getting a trade in price for the S5 and took the opportunity to go out in their Nardo demo. Truly epic car in looks, sound and performance imho. Oh and the haters saying it understeers must be Driving Gods ***.

TX.

Reactions: 45bvtc and Snake Pliskin
Status
Not open for further replies.