Rip

Reaction score
Anyone know what the alternator should be kicking out on an S3 8V?

Mine wouldn't start yesterday, jumped it and drove a few miles and it just about started again, then drove about 10 miles and it wouldn't start again.

Put a new battery in and obviously it now starts fine, for now...

Put my battery tester on the terminals this morning and held the revs between 1200 & 1500rpm as per the testers instructions and the needle showed 13.7v, according to my generic tester a good charging system should kick out between 13.8v & 15v so according to my tester my charging system is a little bit weak.

On top of that I charged the old battery up overnight and it showed 12v this morning but as soon as it was put under load (my battery tester has a load function) it dropped to 8v - 10v which according to my tester means it's weak/bad.

So at the minute the battery definitely looks bad under load but was just wondering if my alternator is ok with its reading of 13.7v?

Needless to say the jump leads will be staying in the boot until I know what's what :tired:

Not even sure this metric is relavent but my Torque App on my phone shows the Voltage Control Module (whatever that is) at 12.6v at idle and 12.9v if I turn the AC on ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
Just to add I've NOT had any messages like this on my dash:

51453418968_8cca59f09a_o.jpg