S3 Disc/Pads recommendations

IanP19

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Need discs all round and pads on the front soon. What are people running these days?

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

Interested in this also, need a major upgrade to my S3 brakes after going Stage2+. I was thinking vagbremtechnic grooved (not j hooks) all round, with new braided lines, Ferodo DS2500 pads and performance/race grade brake fluid. I don't think I need to go as far as bigger calipers and more pistons n stuff as I don't track the car (but wouldn't mind being able to do the off one), but more would like to be able to brake hard more than twice without them overheating and shuddering like my stock ones do at the moment

My small contribution is you do not need the 345mm diameter S3 discs. The 340mm discs from the TTS are lighter and will give the same braking force. You just don’t get the rusty rim around the edge of the disc.
we found using the makes normally found at ECP would not last when driven hard on a TT with a Golf6R set up. Judder would normally set in. This was fixed by using EBC discs and initially yellow stuff pads. These pads really make the wheels dirty though as they are very dusty so we kept the EBC discs and used Brembo pads.

Interested in this also, need a major upgrade to my S3 brakes after going Stage2+. I was thinking vagbremtechnic grooved (not j hooks) all round, with new braided lines, Ferodo DS2500 pads and performance/race grade brake fluid. I don't think I need to go as far as bigger calipers and more pistons n stuff as I don't track the car (but wouldn't mind being able to do the off one), but more would like to be able to brake hard more than twice without them overheating and shuddering like my stock ones do at the moment
Take care with those pads as I’m not sure they are road legal and you do not want to invalidate your insurance.
More than happy to be proved wrong about this!

i vote for tts too and add carbotech bobcat pads. rotor friendly and if you track, you can switch to their ceramic and no need to bed in between changes

Oh I forgot all about the 340mm TTS disc remember reading about it. Are many people running them here?

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

Hi.
If you have any issues with insurance at all for a for any brake modifications then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.