S3 parts on a A3 TQS?????'s

bansheeboyo

Reaction score
hi hows it going
just wondering if a s3 forge fmic will fit a 1999 tqs
also what all is required to fit a s3 turbo to a tqs
cheers scott

hi im pretty sure the turbo will bolt straight on and as for the fmic i got one off ebay for my old tqs and it run very well

i thought youve got k04? ior is it k04 in k03 housing? this is what i needs to know to, id get one off ebay, but how much extra pipe work is there, as isnt our manifold, the other way round to an s3.?

Plumbing is different for the TQS over the S3 as Emery said the IM is the wrong way around for us to use an S3 FMIC kit.

If you want to use the k04, you will need the exhaust mani, turbo, downpipes, TIP etc to make a satifactory swap. Or buy a setup from someone else doing a BT upgrade ( Hint Tufftybloke)

When i FMIC the TQS i am looking to source an S3 IM to make the plumbing easier as i do not like the look of the pipe that runs across the engine bay using the universal kits

this is the turbo that i have http://www.backdraftmotorsport.com/shop-vag/1.8t-k04-1-turbo/flypage.tpl.html
but i want more power
mark says you will get 250 or there abouts hp using this turbo 3"dp and stage 2 remap
i have not remapped it yet as was thinking big turbo but insurance killed tht dream.:gun2:
so will settle for pauls turbo kit.and ket it hybridised by some one who you guys would recomend...
so are you saying a s3 fmic would work if i used pauls kit ?
as i stupidly bought one already do things the wrong way round.buy first ask later.
i have a 3"dp from blueflame and a milltekcatback
garage is full of crap now bike engines and car parts everywhere:rockwoot:

Its not if an S3 FMIC would work, it will... its if it will fit. The front bumper is different on an A3, you would most likely have to play with the mounting position to get it fitted right. As already mentioned, pipework on an S3 follows a different route. You will also need to relocate the MAP sensor if you have one as this is located in the top of the SMIC on an A3.

The DP you have will not fit an S3 K04 if its for a K03, K04 has a different flange and fitting position to a K03.

<tuffty/>

my downpipe is for a s3 k04
so what you are saying is i would be better buying a a3 fmic?
anyone wanna buy a s3 forge fmic?brand new never been touched?
sesible offers welcome
scott

my downpipe is for a s3 k04

Shouldn't be a problem then :)

so what you are saying is i would be better buying a a3 fmic?

No mate, you asked if it would work and it will but as its not designed for an A3 you will have to do some work to get it to fit. If you have one, use it....

<tuffty/>