Sport seats digging in

mrbeardsley17

Reaction score
Hello, had my Audi A3 for a year or so but it always feels like the sport seats are digging in to my back around the belt area, which makes me sore. Has anyone experienced this? Any recommendations on how to improve the comfort. I have a 17 plate A3 sport

Hello, had my Audi A3 for a year or so but it always feels like the sport seats are digging in to my back around the belt area, which makes me sore. Has anyone experienced this? Any recommendations on how to improve the comfort. I have a 17 plate A3 sport

Do you have electric seats? Try adjusting the lumbar support

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bummer .. Only thing I can suggest is if you love your car and don’t mind spending $$ find 2x s3 front seats they are wider

Thanks for the reply, it’s not
the width have loads of room either side. Can just feel my belt being pushed into my lower back, didn’t notice this when I first got it so wasn’t sure what had changed.

the width have loads of room either side. Can just feel my belt being pushed into my lower back, didn’t notice this when I first got it so wasn’t sure what had changed.

I’m sure someone else will chime in mate. My wife uses the lambs wool cover things perhaps that might help ( they go around seat belt, normally used across shoulder but might be able to adapt to lower)

S3 seats are just the same as S-line seats, so no need to specifically look for S3 only seats.

You'll be able to find a set of half leather S-Line seats on eBay fairly easily. If you're lucky you'll find a set with electric lumbar. They also have an adjustable thigh rest which may take the pressure off your back and stop the pain from happening.

Audi seats have always been rubbish, other than when they employed Recaro to do the seats like in the 8L S3, sadly there arent many options in the 8V as even the Supersport seats are pretty much identical to the S-line seats other than some additional bolstering on the rear section.

S3 seats are just the same as S-line seats, so no need to specifically look for S3 only seats.

You'll be able to find a set of half leather S-Line seats on eBay fairly easily. If you're lucky you'll find a set with electric lumbar. They also have an adjustable thigh rest which may take the pressure off your back and stop the pain from happening.

Audi seats have always been rubbish, other than when they employed Recaro to do the seats like in the 8L S3, sadly there arent many options in the 8V as even the Supersport seats are pretty much identical to the S-line seats other than some additional bolstering on the rear section.
Thanks for the response. I have the thigh support option and tilt so will give it a go.

Thanks for the response. I have the thigh support option and tilt so will give it a go.

What seats do you actually have? I don't believe the 'Sport' spec of the A3 had thigh support on the seats? I could be wrong though.

What seats do you actually have? I don't believe the 'Sport' spec of the A3 had thigh support on the seats? I could be wrong though.
Yes sports seats have height, tilt and thigh extender

Attachments

• B5C86B46-7DF1-4E55-8430-120FC4B8AF9C.jpeg
    B5C86B46-7DF1-4E55-8430-120FC4B8AF9C.jpeg
    508.3 KB · Views: 73
Reactions: adamg78
Yes sports seats have height, tilt and thigh extender

Ah the FL Sport does after looking into it, I see. Absolutely no point changing to S-line seats tbh as they are probably exactly the same, just a different trim.

Might have the try the padding route mentioned above, or play around with the height adjustment, you could be sitting too low for your frame causing the belt to lock at an uncomfortable angle

Reactions: adamg78