Sportback Suspension arm housing CRACKED

Absolutely no idea. I was told back in June not to bother getting it recovered & just to bring it into the dealer.
Perhaps it would have been different the other way round?
Soooo frustrating, especially to someone with an element of mechanical ability such as myself.

If you had gotten it recovered, you'd have been in an S3! That's the big difference, it would have been Audi UK supplied and not dealer supplied.

If you had gotten it recovered, you'd have been in an S3! That's the big difference, it would have been Audi UK supplied and not dealer supplied.
Well, thats just more poor advice from the dealer then, although to be fair, it was perfectly drive-able, so im unsure as to whether Audi would have "recovered" it anyway? I'll add it to my complaint though, am probably up to about 15 points now, so another wont harm lol.

Well, thats just more poor advice from the dealer then, although to be fair, it was perfectly drive-able, so im unsure as to whether Audi would have "recovered" it anyway? I'll add it to my complaint though, am probably up to about 15 points now, so another wont harm lol.

The dealer won't encourage that I don't think, but then again it's only a big bill coming out of Warranties pocket.

Audi centres don't have nice cars to give out, so they are only giving you what they can.

Yes recovery may have told you that you "could" drive it. But based on it being what it is, ask them to give you it in writing that the car is 100% safe, then wait for the recovery truck ;)

@Gavin0478 - It took a total of about 15 weeks but as I was unhappy with their fix for the issue (mentioned earlier) we eventually came to an agreement that they would buy the car off me at Retail Value + (I assume) a little extra from Audi UK to sweeten the deal for me and for the Dealership that had to purchase the vehicle from me.

I'm now happy as I've put a little extra money in myself and upgraded to the facelift. Even though it could have been easier and faster if Audi UK had pulled their finger out earlier in the process and got things moving.

Let me know if there is any specific information regarding the issue and/or the resolution?

Reactions: AudiNutta, ruairi83, Arcam and 1 other person
Yeah. To be fair, the independent assessor I brought in said that the car would be back to 100% from a functionality point of view and would be just as strong as it always was before.

I was mainly unhappy with the fact that I had brought in a car with no previous issues until a "suspension failure" and they weren't bringing the car back to the exact condition it was in before the failure.

Lots of BMW E92's had this issue. As the assessor says, the repair is fine so it won't go on the be a problem for someone else.