System doesn't load

Diazro

Reaction score
Hello fellow Audi lovers!
Does any of you came across this issue on the C8 on the big central screen --- "Note - Loading system please wait .... "- and the system doesn't load. It's been like that now for more than 24h, I booked the car in with the local dealer but have to wait over 2 weeks. So in the meantime, no music, no radio, nada..... total silence :worried::worried:
Loading system

Probably a silly question but have you tried to do a hard reboot by disconnecting the battery and letting it load up from zero? Just a thought that came across my mind. N.B: there are two batteries including the one in the boot, I doubt that one needs disconnecting in addition to the one in the engine bay.

Haven't tried this...but I will avoid for the moment...who knows in what other issues I will get?!?! I will drive in/out of work in silence..... time to contemplate ... lol

I'd do as suggested, do a power down for 5 minutes, then reconnect.

Excuse my ignorance, but is there an allocated fuse in the fuse box you could just pull and do the rest that way if reluctant to disconnect the battery?

Correction 'do the reset that way'

Am I right in thinking holding down the power / volume button for 10 seconds resets the MMI? Worth a try before disconnecting the battery?

Am I right in thinking holding down the power / volume button for 10 seconds resets the MMI? Worth a try before disconnecting the battery?
Yes you're right and it's worth a go before disconnecting stuff.

Excuse my ignorance, but is there an allocated fuse in the fuse box you could just pull and do the rest that way if reluctant to disconnect the battery?

There are about half a dozen fuses for the MMI believe it or not, no idea why so many.

The car came back to normal suddenly after 36 hours! That was a weird system failure. I hope on the next visit to the dealer to be able to flash the software maybe and avoid further issues, got an appointment on 16/02. Also a simple scan with Carista got me 11 error codes, even the car seems to work just fine for now..... weird!!! :sadlike::sadlike::sadlike:
Carista error codes

Hello fellow Audi lovers!
Does any of you came across this issue on the C8 on the big central screen --- "Note - Loading system please wait .... "- and the system doesn't load. It's been like that now for more than 24h, I booked the car in with the local dealer but have to wait over 2 weeks. So in the meantime, no music, no radio, nada..... total silence :worried::worried:
View attachment 215187
I get this about 50% of the time, it's very annoying. I have an iPhone 7 and I think it might be the phone and not the car, simply to do with signal strength. I did some tests and I think if the phone battery is low, it might be the cause. Don't take it as gospel. But either way the car is not getting the stream, so it could be the car not being able to pick up the signal from the phone. The dealer will blame your phone, almost certainly.

Probably a silly question but have you tried to do a hard reboot by disconnecting the battery and letting it load up from zero? Just a thought that came across my mind. N.B: there are two batteries including the one in the boot, I doubt that one needs disconnecting in addition to the one in the engine bay.
Don't mess with the battery, you could end up in a whole world of hurt.