TFSI remaps recommendations...

Reaction score
I know I've got the A6, not the A7, but there's a LOT more TFSI A7's around than the A6 (especially in the UK, where they stopped selling them in early 2012!), so this seemed to be the best place to ask.

Has anybody tried these home chip upgrades?

I've got the 299bhp TFSI, but any recommendations for the supercharged TFSI's should suffice (290bhp, 299bhp or 310bhp).

Racehip:
+76bhp, +111Nm for €479 (£384)
+61bhp, +94Nm for €249 (£199)
http://www.racechip.com/chiptuning/audi/a7/a7./3-0-tfsi-220kw/index.php

MaxChip:
+81bhp +176Nm €220 (£176)
+52bhp, +137Nm €119 (£95)
https://maxchip.de/en/shop/chiptuning-audi-a6-c7-3-0-tfsi-299-ps-220-kw/#tci_product_filter

I'm a little sceptical of the MaxChip claims of nearly 50% more torque... that looks more like doctored dyno config to artificially bump the torque curve up.

If your going to map a £25k+ car, then Id recommend you go with one of the more established solutions, and not something cheap and cheerful.

APR and GIAC are what most of the US guys are running on their 3.0T's. There are UK dealers for these.

The title of the thread is a little miss leading. Do you want a remap or a tuning box. There is a big difference in these and the results that you will get. Personally I would get a remap rather than a tuning box. Will cost you a little more but it will be a proper job.
You are right to be wary of the reported increases with some of the tuning boxes.
Not sure where you are in the country but Rick at Unicorn Motor Developments has mapped many 3.0 TFSI cars and is a forum sponsor. He is in Stockport Manchester.

The title of the thread is a little miss leading. Do you want a remap or a tuning box....

Sorry, you're r right. I started looking at the pulley upgrade, downpipes and a proper remap, but those clock in around £2.5k... Or at least that is what they were when the car was new and very few people were offering anything for that generation of Ecu.

I was interested in something that just remove the detuning that the A6/A7 TFSI has had, to stop it dropping boost pressure and bring it up to S5 performance at least (~375bhp seems a reasonable target).

I live in Surrey / SW London, but would consider any sort of road trip, if he does weekend remaps.

Looks like Rick is having trouble with his email, I'll have to try calling at some point.

Does he do any weekend remaps?

Any idea if be does the pulleys too?

Ive had a tuning box and then a remap on both my diesel and petrol cars i own and although the remap is better on both its only about 20% better.

I went with an established tuning box company called Spider Tuning: http://www.dieseltuning.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=20_60_79&product_id=98

after weeks of research as they had clever adapting tuning and i only needed to pay £40 for new cabling to fit it to my next car. Both cars had a massively noticible increase to their performance and power delivery. However in the end I went for a remap which like i said feels only about 20% better but still noticible.

So yeah remaps are the best (although you can get bad remaps) but a well established tuning box can give great results and i can recommend spider tuning.

Good luck and let us know what you do :)