Thanks

Micromecca

Reaction score
Just wanted to say thank you to all the folks who take the time to post on this forum.
When my partner decided he wanted an A3 as his new company car I came here and found all the information we needed very easily, so thanks!

I realise that folk feel very differently about the suspension but we are aware that the SLine is firm and coming from a BMW with MSport suspension and run-flats on 18's it should be like floating on air
We also would have liked the Tech Pack and B&O Audio but it just wasn't worth the extra money for those options as the car will be replaced again in 3 years

Anyway, here's what we went for, surprisingly some options made no difference whatsoever so we got them just for the hell of it.

Make/Model: AUDI A3 DIESEL SPORTBACK - 2.0 TDI S Line 5dr
Colour/Trim: Brilliant Black/Biathlon cloth/leather with S line embossing
Transmission: Manual Transmission
Fuel Type/EngineCC: Diesel 1968

Chosen Accessories
Comfort pack - A3
S line sports suspension
SD card satellite navigation system
Electric adjustable/heated/folding door mirrors
Audi Sound System with 10 speakers
Deletion of model + engine designation at rear
Interior light pack - A3 Hatchback/Sportback/Cabriolet
Non smoking pack - A3
Tyre pressure monitor
Advanced key
Extended interior elements mono.pur
Cruise control - included in comfort pack
Acoustic parking system - rear - included in comfort pack
Light and rain sensor pack with auto dimming rear view mirror - included in comfort pack
Solid paint (Black)

cheers
Martin

Reactions: Joetidman and oufc1976
Looks nice, though I'd try and persuade you to add ACC... you'll love it!

Just wanted to say thank you to all the folks who take the time to post on this forum.
When my partner decided he wanted an A3 as his new company car I came here and found all the information we needed very easily, so thanks!

I realise that folk feel very differently about the suspension but we are aware that the SLine is firm and coming from a BMW with MSport suspension and run-flats on 18's it should be like floating on air
We also would have liked the Tech Pack and B&O Audio but it just wasn't worth the extra money for those options as the car will be replaced again in 3 years

Anyway, here's what we went for, surprisingly some options made no difference whatsoever so we got them just for the hell of it.

Make/Model: AUDI A3 DIESEL SPORTBACK - 2.0 TDI S Line 5dr
Colour/Trim: Brilliant Black/Biathlon cloth/leather with S line embossing
Transmission: Manual Transmission
Fuel Type/EngineCC: Diesel 1968

Chosen Accessories
Comfort pack - A3
S line sports suspension
SD card satellite navigation system
Electric adjustable/heated/folding door mirrors
Audi Sound System with 10 speakers
Deletion of model + engine designation at rear
Interior light pack - A3 Hatchback/Sportback/Cabriolet
Non smoking pack - A3
Tyre pressure monitor
Advanced key
Extended interior elements mono.pur
Cruise control - included in comfort pack
Acoustic parking system - rear - included in comfort pack
Light and rain sensor pack with auto dimming rear view mirror - included in comfort pack
Solid paint (Black)

Martin
Isnt it funny nowadays how some people just cant do without some "driver aids" and comforts that only a few years back were not even available?Have we all become lazy and gadget dependent?
Whats wrong with using your mirrors when reversing ,and watching where your going! (lane assist),its all becoming far to driver aid dependent,and creates a lazy approach that leads to complacence and distractions....sad really.

Looks nice, though I'd try and persuade you to add ACC... you'll love it!

ACC is not for us, we only got the standard Cruise as it came with the comfort pack.

Cheers for your input though.

Isnt it funny nowadays how some people just cant do without some "driver aids" and comforts that only a few years back were not even available?Have we all become lazy and gadget dependent?
Whats wrong with using your mirrors when reversing ,and watching where your going! (lane assist),its all becoming far to driver aid dependent,and creates a lazy approach that leads to complacence and distractions....sad really.

Thanks for your reply but I fear that I have missed the point of your post.

Here we go again.....

Reactions: veeeight and cemerson
I was like you and though hmm why would I want cruise control only really got it as part of the comfort pack. Now I have it love it and find it a really useful feature and can only think how much it would be enhanced by ACC which I now wish Id got.

On a side note I now wish Id gone Mono Pur, Load through and Alacantra but thats with hindsight and having more pennies now than I thought at the time. Im also sure had I had all those there would have been something else I wish Id specced, oh yeah LED lights.

I was like you and though hmm why would I want cruise control only really got it as part of the comfort pack. Now I have it love it and find it a really useful feature and can only think how much it would be enhanced by ACC which I now wish Id got..

As already stated ACC is not for us, we have had Cruise on past cars and not used it at all so it would be a complete waste of money, cheers.