Facelift THE NEW AUDI A3 (2016 FACELIFT) – STILL AHEAD OF THE CURVE

I've got an S3 on order and my dealer has told me it looks like ill be getting the facelift. He sent me these two documents with info on the facelift.

Great info......this contains all the facts we need to know for the UK market re the facelift ......but I love the banter on the rest of the posts....especially the Polo V the A1:box:but unfortunately SimonM95's info will get buried in the upcoming pages of :blahblah1:

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv
I am glad others are nothing the lack of suspension changes to the S3 and price increase for mild cosmetic changes.
While still noting you lose a big chunk of £££s the day you drive it away.

I was accused of being a miserable ba5tard on the other thread.....
I like to think just realistic :suspicion:

Reactions: Martinbanshee, Gazjs and veeeight
well upto yet.....things added to the new one that I may spec will be
Virtual cockpit
Led matrix lights
And I though getting this new one wouldn't cost me a penny lol

wwZiwyK.jpg

Everyday is a school day. I never realised that a U-shaped air intake emphasied sporting prowess!

:lmfao:

That is the new 'super aggressive' smiley face !! :-

Last edited:
Reactions: RS3 S., Bristle Hound, pburv and 3 others
^ Indeed yes, but how is that "sporty" ?! :p

Or was some marketing person smoking something? ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Martinbanshee, Simon L and Rob2k68

****** hell mate when you compare like that the 'old' face does look significantly more aggressive !

The new face is more 'generic' to the other face lifts / models though isn't it so inevitable Audi take this direction.

Reactions: WarwickL, Jassyo06, pburv and 2 others
That is the new 'super aggressive' smiley face !! :-

View attachment 87196

I'll let you you nick my joke mate as it's you....................but yeah, once you've seen the smiley face you feel like you're looking at Fisher Price car!! Not a good look is it!!

Reactions: richinsoton, WarwickL, Daveotto and 4 others
I'll let you you nick my joke mate as it's you....................but yeah, once you've seen the smiley face you feel like you're looking at Fisher Price car!! Not a good look is it!!

It could be a grower but at least it's in keeping with VAG DNA :-

Reactions: Simon L, Snake Pliskin, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
My A3 Delivery is set for last week of April, I'm really confused now what to do, Please advice me with the options I have,
1. Will I loose my booking amount about 2000 euros in case, I do not want the pre-facelift version?
2. Can I negotiate better more discount on the car that I ordered? Since, I understand some of the stock with dealers (for 2015 and 2016 pre-facelift version) will go for heavy discount.

My A3 Delivery is set for last week of April, I'm really confused now what to do, Please advice me with the options I have,
1. Will I loose my booking amount about 2000 euros in case, I do not want the pre-facelift version?
2. Can I negotiate better more discount on the car that I ordered? Since, I understand some of the stock with dealers (for 2015 and 2016 pre-facelift version) will go for heavy discount.

1/ depends upon your dealer. Ask them. You may lose it if you back out entirely, but I'm sure they'll transfer it to a new order.
2/ you've already made the deal, so it's doubtful. Again, you need to ask the dealer.

Reactions: NSG
I assume these documents were from a UK dealer? These documents are certainly the best I have seen - for me the most interesting point (and what I was trying to desperately find out) is that I have provisionally ordered (I say provisionally as the order remains unsigned) a 1.4 TFSI 122 Sportback Sport S tronic but I wondered from the early facelift release details whether this engine would still be available - it now appears only the 1.4 TFSI COD 150 is to continue, so where does that leave me? I would doubt I would want the 1.0 TFSI (cheaper??) but hope that if I am to be converted to the 1.4 TFSI COD 150 engine I do not have to pay more as it was not my choice to discontinue this engine!

This is all we've seen. It looks like Audi AG will contact your dealer to discuss "options".

I am glad others are nothing the lack of suspension changes to the S3 and price increase for mild cosmetic changes.
While still noting you lose a big chunk of £££s the day you drive it away.

I was accused of being a miserable ba5tard on the other thread.....
I like to think just realistic :suspicion:
Where did you see the price?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Simon L, Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
[
wwZiwyK.jpg

I quite like the facelift actually and the new grille.

What is disappointing is the grammatical error above. That is inexcusable, amateurish and sloppy in a press communication.

Reactions: Buzz73 and Scottyg
I'm on the belief with these ugly new facelifts unveiled that Audi's creative artistic juices have gone stagnant.
I'm not convinced either that this new design looks better than the outgoing one.

Hyundai-KIA must have made Peter Schreyer one hell of a deal.

That's you're best post of the year mate....or even since you joined.... Very eloquently put, lf do say so myself.... Lol keep it up

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Simon L
[
wwZiwyK.jpg

I quite like the facelift actually and the new grille.

What is disappointing is the grammatical error above. That is inexcusable, amateurish and sloppy in a press communication.

Yep totally agree mate, sport and sportiness?? Was obviously supposed to read daft and daftness.

Reactions: Scottyg, Jassyo06, pburv and 1 other person
Think about what you have typed.The 3 cylinder engine will weigh significantly less than the 4 cylinder engine thus making the car lighter.

I have just came back from the circuit of Ireland and seen the older 1.6 fiesta and also the 1.0 Eco boost. The sound of the 3cylinder engine. So lovely also.

Me wanty sweeping indicators :( haha

Reactions: h1r4, lou15p, Daveotto and 1 other person
Me wanty sweeping indicators :( haha

Did not think I was bothered by sweepy indicators but followed a new Q7 for a few miles this week and I am now in the "me wanty" camp

Reactions: pburv, Simon L, Jelhead and 2 others
Can the lights not be changed to sweeping using Vcds?

You're asking if the lights on a car that's only just been revealed, and that no one outside Audi and a few journo's has seen in the flesh (never mind plug a VCDS cable into), can be reprogrammed?

Hmm, it's tricky. I'll have a punt though, I reckon it's a no, or maybe yes. Although with the above in mind I admit I don't have a clue.

Reactions: Whitestar, Daveotto and pburv
You're asking if the lights on a car that's only just been revealed, and that no one outside Audi and a few journo's has seen in the flesh (never mind plug a VCDS cable into), can be reprogrammed?

Hmm, it's tricky. I'll have a punt though, I reckon it's a no, or maybe yes. Although with the above in mind I admit I don't have a clue.

..... On the prefacelift.

Any one else not sure on the looks? Been told I'm likely to get the facelift now and I'm grateful of the standard features just think the bumper lets it down. Needs some sort of middle splitter like the pfl has, seems to be a big gap between the bottom of the bumper and the road especially when on 19's.

Are those indicators part of the zeon lights or matrix lights?
If the a3 copies what's on the a4 then the rear indicators will be sequential with the led headlamps but not the front, sequential ones will be with the matrix headlamps only...

Reactions: jonneymendoza
If the a3 copies what's on the a4 then the rear indicators will be sequential with the led headlamps but not the front, sequential ones will be with the matrix headlamps only...
The PDF document recently posted confirms the S Line and S3 will both have LED headlights as standard, and that the LED headlights will include "Dynamic Rear Indicators".

Reactions: jonnythefox and jonneymendoza
..... On the prefacelift.
You did read the title of this thread, right?

check the VCDS threads, I'm pretty sure someone was playing with indicator settings recently. Not sure if they were sequential though, I'd have thought some seperate hardware for individual control of the diodes would be needed that would not be necessary for standard on/off/dim operation.

You did read the title of this thread, right?

check the VCDS threads, I'm pretty sure someone was playing with indicator settings recently. Not sure if they were sequential though, I'd have thought some seperate hardware for individual control of the diodes would be needed that would not be necessary for standard on/off/dim operation.

Did you read the posts previous to mine? Fellow members were discussing that they wanted sweeping lights which is why I asked.

Based on the Facelift product summary (PDF) do you think Audi Drive Select may no longer be standard in the A3 (sport trim and up)?

It's mentioned as being standard on the S3 but is no where to be seen on the A3.

It will be a real shame if it's not :frown:

Audi is now offering 16% discount on A3 (pre-facelift), confirmed from dealer.

Audi is now offering 16% discount on A3 (pre-facelift), confirmed from dealer.
May I ask which dealer this is? My fleet manager is looking for a dealer which can offer the older A3 in order to fulfill my request of the A3 Saloon. If not I have to pick a BMW, and I don't want to go to the dark side!

The S3 standard spec has it's own page of listings,

May I ask which dealer this is? My fleet manager is looking for a dealer which can offer the older A3 in order to fulfill my request of the A3 Saloon. If not I have to pick a BMW, and I don't want to go to the dark side!
I'm in Poland, you can contact dealer in Audi Torun.

I was only joking about your comment........
Everyday is a school day. I never realised that a U-shaped air intake emphasied sporting prowess!

Reactions: veeeight
^ Indeed yes, but how is that "sporty" ?! :p
Or was some marketing person smoking something? ;)

Too much cosmetic flaff, sporty grill my butt, flashy indicators (geddit?) and lots of other stuff that won't add to the driving experience (A3 LEDs aren't any 'better' than A3 xenons) but is now upgraded.........as will the price. Much rather manufacturers focused on the things that improve the drive rather than making change for changes sake which tends to be adding more kit and then charging for it. If I had previously wanted it I would have paid for it e.g. nav/LEDs, and why can't Audi do a pano roof for the A3 rather than a sunroof?

And breath ;)

Reactions: Jassyo06, veeeight and Teb