What Detailing / Car Care Products Have You Bought / Ordered Today?

DSC 05152

Reactions: T-800, MattSedg, A4A4 and 4 others
Also got these for what I thought would be great for cleaning the virtual Cockpit binnacle but sadly they won't do as they spit out frozen air particles....
DSC 05153

Reactions: NevMan
Cutting disc arrived, ready for its last polish before autumn/winter.

F78CE1A1 FC14 4A2A 8357 687AE2E25F2B

If I get time?

Reactions: V6_Man, THQuattro, NevMan and 1 other person
Cutting disc arrived, ready for its last polish before autumn/winter.

View attachment 163372

If I get time?
Not been funny but yer always best using at the very least 2 pads when polishing or correcting paint mate, long term that is because by the time you've covered the full car with that one pad it'll probably render it useless the next time you go to use it
3 pads and divide the car into 3 parts with a new pad for each part.. .. That way your pads will last you a for awhile and you’ll far better results obviously cost ye more but long term it won't

Reactions: Jimbob76, A4A4, Alan999 and 1 other person
These came x4 500 gsm eagles, x 5 black diamond glass towels and just one green glass and window towel, it doesn't look much but it worked out about £4 bangers a go....so Expensive
Had my eyes on a couple of other products ie Flex detailing bag and Rupes Keramick fine gel polish, Scholl S3 Gold xxl and some 80mm flex polishing pads but won't order as the Flex bag and Rupes Keramick fine is awaiting stock at the moment will check back on ultimate finish site at the weekend, then am finished with detailing stuff til Xmas.. .lol
DSC 05192

Reactions: V6_Man, A4A4, T-800 and 3 others
Hi mate. Where did you get the Big Red from and how much, if you don't mind me asking? Thanks
Hi mate sorry for the delay in replying. I bought the sponge from Motorgeek.co.uk cost £31.99.
I've read on detailing world that some folks are using B and Q grout sponges,these are a lot cheaper and seem to do a good job,the choice is yours.
Cheers mate

These came x4 500 gsm eagles, x 5 black diamond glass towels and just one green glass and window towel, it doesn't look much but it worked out about £4 bangers a go....so Expensive
Had my eyes on a couple of other products ie Flex detailing bag and Rupes Keramick fine gel polish, Scholl S3 Gold xxl and some 80mm flex polishing pads but won't order as the Flex bag and Rupes Keramick fine is awaiting stock at the moment will check back on ultimate finish site at the weekend, then am finished with detailing stuff til Xmas.. .lol
View attachment 163403
What an expensive haul @jassyo06! Must google to see if there is any groups out there that can help you with your addiction :sos: :tearsofjoy: :busted cop:

Reactions: V6_Man, NevMan and Jassyo06
Hi mate sorry for the delay in replying. I bought the sponge from Motorgeek.co.uk cost £31.99.
I've read on detailing world that some folks are using B and Q grout sponges,these are a lot cheaper and seem to do a good job,the choice is yours.
Cheers mate

Thank you for responding. I do like the idea of the BRS but that's a lot of cash for a cut up sponge. Whilst I'd love one I'll have to make do with a grout sponge for now. I've bought some of the b&q ones and they seem decent fot the price, but not in the same league as yours, so whenever you decide to sell it - first dibs to me lol. Thanks again.

lovin this thread..haha.
So, out of a need for gear, is there a post for non-affiliated websites for getting your favourite bits from and any shame wall sites to avoid at all costs?
much appreciated

What an expensive haul @jassyo06! Must google to see if there is any groups out there that can help you with your addiction :sos: :tearsofjoy: :busted cop:
And l ain't finished lol its only money besides l like nice tools always have being a Electrician would love to jack in my trade in and have a go at doing car detailing on my own to be honest, would get a load of referred work from my sons punters lol

Reactions: SPIKE_, MattSedg and NevMan
hehe, @jassy06 ,,, ditto, started out as sparky ended up design engineering building services.. think it must be all those shocks i was given with a megger as an apprentice

Reactions: Jassyo06
Not been funny but yer always best using at the very least 2 pads when polishing or correcting paint mate, long term that is because by the time you've covered the full car with that one pad it'll probably render it useless the next time you go to use it
3 pads and divide the car into 3 parts with a new pad for each part.. .. That way your pads will last you a for awhile and you’ll far better results obviously cost ye more but long term it won't

@jassyo06 Thanks for the advice, I will just use this one for the bonnet, boot & roof. Still got 2 more polishing pads which I will use for each side.

Would have thought that these would last longer then one pass.

I have purchased these, I'm just waiting for the dryer weather the weekend to use them. They are supposed to make a difference when polishing and waxing a white car compared to using standard products.

I found out about these on a YouTube video on a channel called Car Cleaning Guru, his videos are really good. Well worth a watch

Attachments

• _20180823_093951.JPG
    _20180823_093951.JPG
    141.8 KB · Views: 224
Reactions: Jassyo06
@jassyo06 Thanks for the advice, I will just use this one for the bonnet, boot & roof. Still got 2 more polishing pads which I will use for each side.

Would have thought that these would last longer then one pass.
What l meant was if you used just one pad alone to polish/correct a car "which is doable" it would be knackered afterwards... So spreading the work over say 3 pads will improve results and the longevity of your pads mate

lovin this thread..haha.
So, out of a need for gear, is there a post for non-affiliated websites for getting your favourite bits from and any shame wall sites to avoid at all costs?
much appreciated
Most do a loyalty points scheme so by sticking with say just 2 sites you'll build up more reward points than spreading your purchases over several sites, but it comes down to microfibre cloths your definitely best to buy them from a dedicated company who deal in just microfibre the likes of the Rag master etc because they are cheaper than getting them off detailing prodict sites

Reactions: Alan999
Used Carpro Perl for the 1st time, mixed 1:1 to clean engine bay and plastics on Q5 and JCW:

4d50a306fd5f0c5b2821a68cbb2c19e4.jpg

ba220e7b9c5e1358a3c10faf7c6ef028.jpg

e487342dbad471dd5b58d159d0d53335.jpg

Reactions: Pook, Pinky1959, A4A4 and 2 others
Used Carpro Perl for the 1st time, mixed 1:1 to clean engine bay and plastics on Q5 and JCW:

Looking fab @q5man. Did you wash the engine bay as well or did just the dressing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06

Nice very nice engine bay on the Q5 but the JCW's looks a bit ordinary considering it being a performance car but outstanding job, need to get myself some perl.... .

Reactions: NevMan
What l meant was if you used just one pad alone to polish/correct a car "which is doable" it would be knackered afterwards... So spreading the work over say 3 pads will improve results and the longevity of your pads mate

Gotcha !

Just need a cleaning pad brush now, one of those oversized stiff toothbrush things.

Nice very nice engine bay on the Q5 but the JCW's looks a bit ordinary considering it being a performance car but outstanding job, need to get myself some perl.... .

Agree, JCW engine bay does look a bit ordinary, needs some colour or carbon. Maybe change air filter at some point for a flash one

Reactions: V6_Man and Jassyo06
Washed 1st

Did you cover any bits? I want to do it on my A3 but slightly nervous as I do not want any electricals/wires to be demaged

Did you cover any bits? I want to do it on my A3 but slightly nervous as I do not want any electricals/wires to be demaged

Washed my engine bay several times just tape a poly bag over the battery etc etc

Reactions: NevMan and V6_Man
Morning all. I've been snooping around on UF and I'm thinking about ordering some Nanolex hybrid wax, £49. Anyone's used it, what do you think ? Open to other suggestions but don't really want to spend more than £50 ...... Thanks as always

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Morning all. I've been snooping around on UF and I'm thinking about ordering some Nanolex hybrid wax, £49. Anyone's used it, what do you think ? Open to other suggestions but don't really want to spend more than £50 ...... Thanks as always

Autoglym UHD wax or go with the R222 wax/pre wax cleanser kit both within yer budget mate

Reactions: Scotty75 and NevMan
Got to be honest.... I did look at the Fusion Wax but £80 ....... That's pricey.

The R222 kit looks good, just not sure if the gloss enhancing cleanser will help as I'm going to be using Scholl S3 gold xxl prior to waxing.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and NevMan
emoji106.png

Autoglym UHD wax or go with the R222 wax/pre wax cleanser kit both within yer budget mate
Got to be honest.... I did look at the Fusion Wax but £80 ....... That's pricey.

The R222 kit looks good, just not sure if the gloss enhancing cleanser will help as I'm going to be using Scholl S3 gold xxl prior to waxing.

£72 it would be.....for the Fusion....wax...10% discount remember.....gloss levels are the best out there....and nothing beads like it.....

Reactions: Scotty75
Gyeon Foam....9/10 on par with Valet pro advanced so it ****** well should be...££

Reactions: MattSedg, Scotty75 and NevMan
Gyeon Foam....9/10 on par with Valet pro advanced so it ****** well should be...££
looks like it will be another 5l of valet pro again for me, cant complain with the stuff though

Reactions: Jassyo06, Scotty75 and NevMan
looks like it will be another 5l of valet pro again for me, cant complain with the stuff though
I'll be buying it again too. No complaints here and the citrus smell is really good.

Reactions: NevMan, Jassyo06 and MattSedg
@jassyo06 here is the proof
emoji41.png
emoji41.png
emoji3.png
. Detailed the Insignia today. Products used in the order were:

- CarPro IronX (alloys)
- BH Snowfoam + BH Surfex HD
- CarPro IronX (body)
- CarPro Reset
- BH Claybar with Dodo Juice Born Slippy
- DAS 6 Pro Plus with CG Quantum Hex-Logic Green Pads
- Sonax S20+
- Gtechniq Panel Wipe
- Sonax BSD
- Megs Tyres Gel
- Megs Interior Detailer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking at buying a DAS 6 Pro Plus for a starter and occasional use machine on our cars of 1 + 3 years old which have minimum swirls + defects - just need to do a 1 stage cut then reseal.

Question from your experience is pads & suppliers - but prices from say ZFE ( https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3Pc-3-4-...9c:m:m5_2Ifb0HNL0XWjmDaH58rw&var=450957032323 ) and Chemical Guys are quite a difference - know you get what you pay for - think I would need 4 extra pads to do a full car and therefore cost does mount up.

You use green pads which is a 'medium' cut I believe - would 'white' do for a fine cut them polish with say a or blue or black pad ?

Also was thinking of using Scholl Black 20 Black as a cutting agent - good / bad / indifeerent for Audi paint ?
HexLogicPolishingPadChart

Reactions: A4A4 and NevMan
emoji41.png
emoji41.png
emoji3.png

- CarPro IronX (alloys)
- CarPro IronX (body)
- CarPro Reset
- Sonax S20+
- Gtechniq Panel Wipe
- Sonax BSD
- Megs Tyres Gel
- Megs Interior Detailer

Looking at buying a DAS 6 Pro Plus for a starter and occasional use machine on our cars of 1 + 3 years old which have minimum swirls + defects - just need to do a 1 stage cut then reseal.

Question from your experience is pads & suppliers - but prices from say ZFE ( https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3Pc-3-4-...9c:m:m5_2Ifb0HNL0XWjmDaH58rw&var=450957032323 ) and Chemical Guys are quite a difference - know you get what you pay for - think I would need 4 extra pads to do a full car and therefore cost does mount up.

You use green pads which is a 'medium' cut I believe - would 'white' do for a fine cut them polish with say a or blue or black pad ?

Also was thinking of using Scholl Black 20 Black as a cutting agent - good / bad / indifeerent for Audi paint ?
View attachment 163770

Scholl and hex pads highly rated just ask @jassyo06

Reactions: V6_Man and Jassyo06
emoji41.png
emoji41.png
emoji3.png

- CarPro IronX (alloys)
- CarPro IronX (body)
- CarPro Reset
- Sonax S20+
- Gtechniq Panel Wipe
- Sonax BSD
- Megs Tyres Gel
- Megs Interior Detailer

View attachment 163770
Das 6 Pro plus with a 15 mm throw has more cutting power than one with a shorter throw, you can go with a 21 mm throw with even more cut but it's harder to control so the 15mm throw machine is the sweet spot
Cutting 1 step compound go with sonax profiline perfect finish.cuts quicker than S20 and leaves a slight a better finish.

Green pads are heavy polishing pads ie for use with a one step correction compound.
Polishing pad ie a white pads are ideal for when you fancy just polishing yer car
Blue pads are too soft in my opinion
You’ll correct a full car with just 2 pads just keep cleaning them with a toothbrush after every set
Hex Logic Quantum pads breath better than normal Hex Logic pads because of the ventilation hole in middle which reduces the heat in the pad hence giving you more contact time with the compound so less dusting

Reactions: A4A4, V6_Man, T-800 and 1 other person
@Neil Woodburn I won't be able to add anything more to what @jassyo06 has already mentioned above. On my A3 the Green Pads and Scholl S20 combo managed to get rid of almost 90-95% of the swirls but not on the Insignia as the paint was foked and neglected (which is an understatement). I'd say it still managed to get rid of 80% of them.

Just remember that Audi's a hard paint, you might not be able to easily get rid of all the swirls and defects in one go and might have to give it another go, which is what I am planning on doing next weekend on Mrs' A3. Regardless, I'd start with less aggressive, i.e. White Pads first and move up a level to Green if it doesn't work.

Also, like @jassyo06 mentioned above two pads should be enough.

Re: the eBay seller, I have not used them so can't really comment. If it is Quantum Hex-Logic pads then go for it mate

Reactions: Jassyo06, NevMan and A4A4
Thank you both for your advice ( your results from your posts are amazing ) and it has guided me in the right direction - will stick with Hex Logic Quantum pads with the hole and was looking at a 15mm Das Pro Plus so that ticks another box from your advice.

Looked at deals from https://www.in2detailing.co.uk. but browsing it looks like a sweetshop which can be dangerous :icon thumright:

Just want to make it easier to polish the car as arms ache doing the Avant and since a) A6 was a 1500 mile demo b) A1 was washed once by the Audi Dealer want to bring the paint back up - actually swirls are few just needs lifted so white pads should be enough - hope to get a shine like @jassyo06

IMG 0632

Once again thanks for your replies.

Reactions: NevMan and V6_Man