What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Finally found your post haha.

Have you got any better pictures of this mate? Want to see what the grain effect is like on top. Also is it slightly too short at the back or is it an extract fit?

Sorry mate, not been on for a while. It’s a perfect fit and looks OEM. Really happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have finally got around fitting this head unit in Kenwood dmx 7017dab. Anyone know how to get the “dis” to display radio information?

Attachments

• 57084E73-3442-4793-9F69-E0786A3D897B.jpeg
    57084E73-3442-4793-9F69-E0786A3D897B.jpeg
    964.3 KB · Views: 215
Sold my B7

After 2.5 years of ownership I finally sold today my B7 2.0tdi CVT Sline. It had only 74k on the clock but had to let her go due to amount of money I spent on her since Nov last year and it needed more, which I wasn't willing to. So, I thought I should say good bye to all the friendly folks here especially @Just Rob who was very very helpful in identifying some of the issues with her.

Also, just to make it clear I didn't sell the car privately as it didn't feel right to handover the problems to someone else so, traded it in and bought an A3 8V and therefore moving over to that section (although I was about to buy an MK7 Golf I am still not sure how and why I didn't )

Last few pics of her before she was sold:

34e907a18e389a8dce4a63b75a74c42b.jpg

0f44abc429347ae705df57e53b58de56.jpg

Reactions: martin1984
Sold my B7

After 2.5 years of ownership I finally sold today my B7 2.0tdi CVT Sline. It had only 74k on the clock but had to let her go due to amount of money I spent on her since Nov last year and it needed more, which I wasn't willing to. So, I thought I should say good bye to all the friendly folks here especially @Just Rob who was very very helpful in identifying some of the issues with her.

Also, just to make it clear I didn't sell the car privately as it didn't feel right to handover the problems to someone else so, traded it in and bought an A3 8V and therefore moving over to that section (although I was about to buy an MK7 Golf I am still not sure how and why I didn't )

Last few pics of her before she was sold:

34e907a18e389a8dce4a63b75a74c42b.jpg

0f44abc429347ae705df57e53b58de56.jpg

Well sad to see another sell up but guess the b7 are gettin on now at least you stuck to audi with the a3 good luck with ur new car and enjoy.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Reactions: V6_Man
Well sad to see another sell up but guess the b7 are gettin on now at least you stuck to audi with the a3 good luck with ur new car and enjoy.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Cheers mate. I didn't want to sell it, it was a lovel car but the fact it was driven mostly locally it wasn't an economically viable option anymore.

Finished work early today and was going to make a start on fitting these (until it started pouring down!):

Intercoolers

Wont have another chance to fit them for a few weeks now, bummer.

Has anyone had any experience changing or replacing their intercoolers? Is it a difficult job? How long does it take? Any info will be well received.

Finished work early today and was going to make a start on fitting these (until it started pouring down!):

View attachment 152809

Has anyone had any experience changing or replacing their intercoolers? Is it a difficult job? How long does it take? Any info will be well received.

Hello mate where did you manage to order them from I’m looking at getting a single one for my 1.9tdi as thinking of getting it mapped ?

View attachment 152809

These look great mate, a few weeks! get the rain coat on haha. surely simple stuff once the bumpers off...

Flown through MOT today 182k miles and only one advisary. A chipped windscreen. She will do for another 12 months

Reactions: Rob Avant, Ash_mtb, Dan_Avant and 1 other person
@aarroncolley - They’re uprated competition spec ones from the US mate. Made by a company called Evolution Racewerks. You after a front mount?

@Ash_mtb - Each intercooler is about 2 & 1/2 inches wider than stock so a slight modification of the shroud surrounding each intercooler is needed. Apart from that it’s a straight swap. But really don’t fancy sitting in the rain for hours.

On a good note though I had an email from Clive at BBT this afternoon saying that my turbo is ready. He said it’s the first ever longitudinal bbt tfsi. Happy days. Just want to get it all on the car now!!!

@aarroncolley - They’re uprated competition spec ones from the US mate. Made by a company called Evolution Racewerks. You after a front mount?

@Ash_mtb - Each intercooler is about 2 & 1/2 inches wider than stock so a slight modification of the shroud surrounding each intercooler is needed. Apart from that it’s a straight swap. But really don’t fancy sitting in the rain for hours.

On a good note though I had an email from Clive at BBT this afternoon saying that my turbo is ready. He said it’s the first ever longitudinal bbt tfsi. Happy days. Just want to get it all on the car now!!!

Yeah I am mate at some point soon been looking on dark side there kits look good. Was thinking about keeping the oem off side mounted one instead of front mounted but I may just got front mount to get better air to it

A lot of people fit a front mount from an S3 mate. Could be worth a look. You can pic them up cheap on eBay.

Pic of my finished turbo in the workshop:

76ED91B1 596E 40ED A1FE 7048E573F0EA

Smiles all round for me at the mo

Reactions: Rob Avant, Ash_mtb, aarroncolley and 1 other person
I have no money left now mate. Currently saving for a big brake conversion and new dampers/springs

These cars are not easy on the wallet chap's , from a running and modding point of view.....worth it though.

I'm still hankering for some S8 20" alloys , just cant find the right rim width and offset .....

Dan_avant. this is gona be a fun car though mate, Definitely worth it! Have you done much suspension wise?

Just rob. 20"!! Lookin good now lol

@Ash_mtb - I’m still on stock springs and dampers at the moment mate. That will be changing later in the year. Gonna do brakes first then suspension.

I would like to see a b7 on those wheels. Would look awesome!

Looks like you'll need good brakes soon! Good work mate, nice to see b7's still gettin some love :thumbs up:

which ones Rob as im looking at these but need deep pockets
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Four-GEN...703524?hash=item2f18de9624:g:vzwAAOSwTmtauB5G
i belive member ajax if that the right username had them on his red avant

Evening Martin, hope you are well chap.

Ah yes, they are the ones in question as they are 8.5j , hard to find aswell.
I saw them a while back but they got taken off early, and they are the same as ajax had fitted, I really like them but the cost of decent new rubber is holding me back really.

or in this finish...

A412

They also need spacers aswell and i'm not a big fan of using spacer to be honest, I could make an exception though for these.

I saw them a while back but they got taken off early, and they are the same as ajax had fitted, I really like them but the cost of decent new rubber is holding me back really.

or in this finish...

View attachment 152817
This looks unreal! and im not normaly a fan of huge wheels

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Its all down to the tyre size aswell, they need 235/30's to look good any wider with a taller profile and its too much.......but as they are they do look nice , well I like them.

It was this that got me hooked on the A8/S8 20" alloys.

looks excellent on Ajax's avant and colour is fab.

Aj1 2

Reactions: THQuattro

or in this finish...

View attachment 152817

I can do you a good deal on my recently refurbed 19's with goodyear eagles, nice audi platinum silver.
i love to do a deal but car is in and out of limp mode (over boost problem is back) i belive my turbo is on it ways out just need to find some time to get it looked.

The lack of tyre is key! Haha. Blue s4’s gorgeous! Black one looks perfect though!

Reactions: Charlie Farley
when I had oem s-line suspenders it allways felt like I was driving around without tyres anyway..lol , but now with the Bilsteins its very civilised indeed with 19's , going 20's wont be much different really.....

Only trouble with the S8's is that my brembo 18z's will look small , so would need a bigger big brake upgrade ..lol

Reactions: martin1984
This is becomin an expensive set of wheels rob haha! Youre gona have to polish em too! All worth it though, imagine that black one sat in your driveway :thumbs up:

That's a good distance chap, any thing major needing attention now.

Last edited:
New N80 valve, hopefully cure my intermittant p0171 "too lean at idle" code. Old one was stuck open regardless of whether it was energised or not.
2 weeks/600-odd miles later and eml still hasn't come on so think I can consider that fixed :D

@Rob Avant How long did it take you to fit your new fuel pump mate? I may attempt to fit mine tomorrow if it’s relatively quick.

I bought an APR pump second hand and it has no rubber seal with it. Do you know what size I need to get?

Apologies for the late reply Dan, been crazy busy with work and not been on the site. I guess you know by now the pump is quite an easy job.
I found the same as you, my original unit had definitely seen better days.

@Rob Avant - Yeah all done now mate. Simple swap.

Same with me at the mo. Work is coming in thick and fast. Kinda wish it would slow down so I can work on the car ha ha