What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

First time posting in here. Finally got round to changing the air con pulley. The rubber bushes on the inside of the old pulley were pretty much none existent. New pulley on and no more knocking noises. Have another fault still with the aircon as the ECON light won’t go out. So think I’ve got a leak in the system somewhere.
How in the world did you remove it??? I have been planning for ages, since last summer!!

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

Release the tension and remove the fan belt from the compressor. Remove the 3 compressor mounting bolts so the compressor drops down. You can support the compressor if you want but I just left it hanging while I did it. There’s a big circlip that secures the front plate to the main pulley, remove that first. Then you need a 7mm socket and ratchet along with a strap spanner. Wrap the strap spanner around the pulley, using the 7mm socket and ratchet place them on the end of the compressor shaft. Then turn the compressor shaft clockwise while counterholding the main pulley with the strap spanner. Once you crack it off you’ll be able to unscrew it by hand. Once the front plate is off there’s another circlip securing the rest of the pulley to the compressor.

Reactions: Donfero
Release the tension and remove the fan belt from the compressor. Remove the 3 compressor mounting bolts so the compressor drops down. You can support the compressor if you want but I just left it hanging while I did it. There’s a big circlip that secures the front plate to the main pulley, remove that first. Then you need a 7mm socket and ratchet along with a strap spanner. Wrap the strap spanner around the pulley, using the 7mm socket and ratchet place them on the end of the compressor shaft. Then turn the compressor shaft clockwise while counterholding the main pulley with the strap spanner. Once you crack it off you’ll be able to unscrew it by hand. Once the front plate is off there’s another circlip securing the rest of the pulley to the compressor.
Thx. I have my work cut out for me tomorrow.

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

This arrived yesterday, supposed to be good stuff. Just need to get the finger out and finish the last two wheels and let them sit for a couple of weeks before giving them a bit of a polish.

20200421 081812

Reactions: Andy b7
Which one? Can’t decide, love the black ones but bit too offset with 245/35/20 and tyre wear on arch if hit the pot hole, probably needs change tyre to 225/30/20 if want keep them. Silver ones with 245/30/20 but so far after test drive no bangs or wearing tyre on arch because bit lower.

Attachments

• 272F055E-507D-4184-83CC-D6767E1E7CF2.jpeg
    272F055E-507D-4184-83CC-D6767E1E7CF2.jpeg
    354.9 KB · Views: 152
Pt2

Attachments

• 207FA7DA-E854-444F-85D5-0955809F47AC.jpeg
    207FA7DA-E854-444F-85D5-0955809F47AC.jpeg
    515 KB · Views: 155
  • DB4798EF-1C4C-423D-9B3B-1EA1A2B6ED74.jpeg
    DB4798EF-1C4C-423D-9B3B-1EA1A2B6ED74.jpeg
    392.2 KB · Views: 151
Reactions: Stanningtonglen, martin1984 and Charlie Farley
A bit of a no brainer for me chap, only one set that look good and they are not black.:icon thumright:

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper
They would look great on a black avant bus aswell :yes:
What rim width size and offset etc are they?

I agree, the blacks wheel look, well sorry to say really bad.

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper and Charlie Farley
Received the 320mm discs, calipers, carriers and pads from member BobbyTea.
Cheers Bobby, your a good ,'un. But by 'eck that box was heavy!

Reactions: Bobbytea
The pressure sensor is a common and cheap fix if you haven't looked at it already.

Plugged VCDS into my car today and Sidrick was right. Short in the high pressure sensor. So new one been ordered.

Removed the bumper to attempt to repair a couple of little cracks in the grill before spraying it

Reactions: Sidrick
What if I’ll paint black ones like this one? This same model.

Attachments

• 23FFBAB0-A5F6-4CFA-8273-B2F80D0F038A.jpeg
    23FFBAB0-A5F6-4CFA-8273-B2F80D0F038A.jpeg
    76.6 KB · Views: 148
Reactions: Stanningtonglen
What if I’ll paint black ones like this one? This same model.
Nope , still not right to be honest.
Better than the two tone black and white ones but not a patch on the silver alloys.
But as we allways say , it is your car and your personal choice , what works for one person may not work for someone else.
For me the style of the Chinese rims doesn't suit the car, just a way to fussy design.

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper
Still got my misfire after changing the sparks and coils. I have ordered a new PCV as that is knackered so hoping that could be causing the issue.

Todays work:

Fitted DIS stalk and coded in:

IMG 20200421 121726

IMG 20200421 155310

IMG 20200421 161906

Forgot to get an image when finished!

Fitted GPS antenna for RNSE:

IMG 20200421 170856

IMG 20200421 171746

IMG 20200421 173503

Reactions: Bobbytea, jarnold231 and Sidrick
Which one? Can’t decide, love the black ones but bit too offset with 245/35/20 and tyre wear on arch if hit the pot hole, probably needs change tyre to 225/30/20 if want keep them. Silver ones with 245/30/20 but so far after test drive no bangs or wearing tyre on arch because bit lower.
Defiantly the rear ones for me, fronts look like they belong on some tarts range rover.

Spring swapping, found the other side rear was broken too, right at bottom so not that noticeable height wise. Eibach on the back so far, off to sort front now.

d097c378ffc2ec9b309b5b207a6c4d70.jpg

New Michelin pilot sports 4’s and a service for the avant yesterday, with a carbon clean. Today I thought I’d treat my rear wheel drive lovely to a service and some new rubber too.

Reactions: AvantMike and Ricky Burrows
Fitted grille, black mesh, may put a black badge on, not decided yet. Rear springs all fitted, fronts ran into a problem, top bolt on upright are seized solid, so off to garage tomorrow unfortunately. Had one upright replaced for mot in December, and its stupid solid already. Hopefully can sort and fit my shocks and springs.

Attachments

• 20200422_173726.jpg
    20200422_173726.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 126
You can change the front dampers and springs without touching that pinch bolt, that is one bolt that you should avoid touching unless you have no other choice.

Reactions: David Cox
You can change the front dampers and springs without touching that pinch bolt, that is one bolt that you should avoid touching unless you have no other choice.
Do enlighten me, please. Is it drop the top plate and undo the other end of the top arms? Or some other way?
Heat and wind it out from the other side I believe for the bolt if it snapped.
Wd40 on all other parts and they are movable

This nice and clear you tube vid shows things very well.
I used it once then every time since about 4 times to date, so easy and quick aswell.
Ignore the brand, the method is the same whatever you use dampers/springs or coilovers.

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper, Sidrick and David Cox
Rob, thanks again, that's a lot easier, and less swearing. Cheers, owe you a pint of scrumpy mate.

Cupra splitter fitted today

Attachments

• 62EA2BBB-80BF-4ACC-989E-9188C5E96775.jpeg
    62EA2BBB-80BF-4ACC-989E-9188C5E96775.jpeg
    332.9 KB · Views: 133
Reactions: Sam1989 and Bobbytea
Yep. At their maximum extent.

Coilovers don't look like they enjoyed the winter. A lot of salt on the roads up here and it shows. I'll be lucky if they die within the 2 year warranty...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Jerusalem wept.... maybe get some Audi a4 allroad suspension ;)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Plugged VCDS into my car today and Sidrick was right. Short in the high pressure sensor. So new one been ordered.

Removed the bumper to attempt to repair a couple of little cracks in the grill before spraying it

Don’t suppose you have the part number to hand? I’ve got a fault showing but it’s short to B+. Do you think a new sensor would sort this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t suppose you have the part number to hand? I’ve got a fault showing but it’s short to B+. Do you think a new sensor would sort this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered it from GSF online. Was meant to be £75 but they have a sale on and got it for £30. My part number is: 268VG0380
But I recommend going on their site and entering your reg and searching for air con pressure switch. To make sure you get the right part for your car.

That price is about right. I was 35ish for genuine, can find the pn later.

Whole bumper doesn't need to come off, just loosen passenger side and pop out headlight :)