Who has an S3 with Bucket seats...

stevec

Reaction score
...cus I realsied I got £25 off the price of my motor. Why? Well...

I ordered the bucket seats on my new S3, no great shakes there, but the online Audi configurator told me I had to have a first aid kit, strange I thought, would that be beacuse there was no lumbar support? (Actually there appears to be no need of it, but we will pass over that point as its covered in another thread elsewhere.)

Anyway, I sat in the back of my new S3 yesterday, odd thing I know, and blow me if I have not got a rear central arm rest with through load and inside the arm rest is a storage compartment where there is a first aid kit!Especialy great as I did not order either!

Blimey, i thought, quick check to see that the rear arm rest is indeed an optional extra. So can you guys please confirm for me that we all have,

a) bucket seats
b) a rear arm rest (for free) and,
c) when you open the arm rest a fist aid kit inside! :yes:

Cheers.

TDI-line said:
Have you checked you other options...

All present and accounted for! :icon_thumright: Even the black headlining!

Definately did not order the rear centre arm rest and the first aid kit inside it!

Despite ordering almost everything else I do wonder if my S3 will be a bit slower then the rest of you guys with all the extras!

I have the bucket seats in my S3 and the rear arm rest and first aid kit came with it at no extra cost so this appears to be the norm if you order bucket seats

Yep, me too!

I kept quiet about it as I thought the factory had possibly cocked up and give an 175 quid option for free. It was funny, on the day that I collected the car...me and my other half looked at each other as we both spotted the through-load (which I wanted to order, but didn't), as the salesman showed us round the car. :) We both winked at each other as if to say "we'll keep quiet about that one ;) "

But yes, got the first aid kit too, but not sure if they did actually charge me £25 quid for it or not. Not that bothered as I got a small discount on the car and a few freebies. But the dealer is still the winner, as they will make 2500-3000 on my old S3.

AL

Hmm, I also noted yesterday that the passenger airbag disable feature is missing after the bucket seat factory installation by Audi too.

Strange thing not to be included, certainly not likely to carry rear facing baby seats as there are no mounting points, but the bucket seat option seems to leave out a few items when you order this option which don't get pcked up on the audi configurator...

No lumbar control
No side airbag
No front passenger airbag disable
Through load on rear seats

Interesting no?

I'm not able to disable it as well, possibly because you cannot fit a baby chair on the bucket seats? so it makes sense... I feel sorry for the ones who ordered the through load system, did they paid for it? Probably paid the bag which I don't have...

How you getting one with the buckets? I like them. Sometime I drive a friends TT wich have sport seats... bucket give so much support! Better for commited driving, I would be regretting not ordering them... The only thing I regret not ordering is the cruise and SatNav, those can be retrofitted I know but my car is in Portugal otherwise S8Craig would be fitting that for me... Apart from that pretty happy with my S3, can't stop racking up miles on mine like it is a diesel! lol.

Pedro

Quite correct Steve.

Seats look great though, and supportive in all the right places. Still not done a long journey in them yet though.

Only a couple of problems with my car: a heat shield vibration somewhere, and glovebox light doesn't work. (Yep, tried turning the lights on etc.)

AL

Well this thread saves me having to start a new one as i'm currently in the speccing out phase of buying an S3. My big question is, bucket seats...

Originally i wanted them, but then havint sat in an RS4 to test out the seats (which i assume are all but identical bar the inflatable bolsters), i felt they where quite tight and didn't really think that they where that comfy. But now i'm not sure about the standard seats either. I felt the seats in the R32 (which was my other choice) are a better compramise as are the seat in my girlfreinds new Leon.

Is there anybody here who has driven an S3 with both who could give an objective view of their effectivness, and their comfort. I'm going to be doing some long journey, mostly commuting maybe a track day (until i get round to building a locost sports car).

So please help a newbie.

BTW, hi all

yep i got my free first aid kit... paid for the through load no freebie on that one..

Going to sound a really silly question but I found the standard seats gave me a sweaty back - are the sports seats any better in this respect ? Bit annoyed you dont get the side air bags though !

Richard

rsarjantson said:
Going to sound a really silly question but I found the standard seats gave me a sweaty back - are the sports seats any better in this respect ? Bit annoyed you dont get the side air bags though !

Richard

Turn the air con on, or the heated seats off :):):)