8P0907279P CE Upgrade on a 03 8P

DjDvr

Reaction score
Hello,

I just upgraded to a 8P0907279P CE yesterday and all was fine until this morning just before I left the car in the garage at work.
Expect for the fog lights cornering all was working fine but just before I parked the car all the interior lights started the Christmas light show :(.
I tried disabling the US lights as I saw that was the cause for some people after an upgrade, although I don't see why that would be the cause but it still does it.

Does anyone else have a suggestion on what to check ?
I will reset the CE and code it again from scratch but I am afraid the CE is damaged as I have seen this being an issue once. The CE was sold as a brand new one but ... I will hope it's not this.

Thank you,

Just for the Info, I managed to solve the issue with the help from someone form the DE VCDS forums.
The issue is with the Index P CE.
1. To get rid of the Christmas lights when upgrading to an Index N or P central electrics on the A3 you need to set Byte 7 Bit 7 , and if you want to keep the US lights on just add the % you want them on in decimal.
2. To get rid of the Reverse Lights and Fog lights being switched you need to set Byte 5 Bit 8.

For now I am still looking in to the cornering fog lights stuff.

Will keep everyone update if I find out something.